Missouri Senate Bans All Federal Gun Control Laws in Proposed Bill

InterestedBystander

full story at link

http://thesentinel.net/politics/missouri-bans-all-federal-gun-control-laws-in-23-10-vote/

Missouri Senate Bans All Federal Gun Control Laws in Proposed Bill

...Missouri may have just made the most monumental step towards freedom and individual liberty since the signing of the Bill of Rights. In an upcoming vote by Missouris state senate, the state is expected to pass a bill that would nullify ALL Federal gun laws and regulations, and make enforcement of those laws by federal officers within the State of Missouri a criminal offense. Republicans control both U.S. Senate seats and more than two-thirds of the seats in both the Missouri House and Senate.

Like its predecessor, SB613, Bill SB367 and its companion, House Bill HB786, would prevent all state agencies and their employees from enforcing any federal law that infringes the Second Amendment in any way, including gun registrations, fees, fines, licenses and bans. Originally authored in 2014, a former version of the bill was also passed, but vetoed by then Missouri Governor Jay Nixon."...

Damn!

(a) Any tax, levy, fee, or stamp imposed on firearms, firearm accessories, or ammunition not common to all other goods and services which might reasonably be expected to create a chilling effect on the purchase or ownership of those items by law-abiding citizens;

(B) Any registering or tracking of firearms, firearm accessories, or ammunition which might reasonably be expected to create a chilling effect on the purchase or ownership of those items by law-abiding citizens;

© Any registering or tracking of the owners of firearms, firearm accessories, or ammunition which might reasonably be expected to create a chilling effect on the purchase or ownership of those items by law-abiding citizens;

(d) Any act forbidding the possession, ownership, or use or transfer of a firearm, firearm accessory, or ammunition by law-abiding citizens; and

(e) Any act ordering the confiscation of firearms, firearm accessories, or ammunition from law-abiding citizens

Damn!

(a) Any tax, levy, fee, or stamp imposed on firearms, firearm accessories, or ammunition not common to all other goods and services which might reasonably be expected to create a chilling effect on the purchase or ownership of those items by law-abiding citizens;

(B) Any registering or tracking of firearms, firearm accessories, or ammunition which might reasonably be expected to create a chilling effect on the purchase or ownership of those items by law-abiding citizens;

© Any registering or tracking of the owners of firearms, firearm accessories, or ammunition which might reasonably be expected to create a chilling effect on the purchase or ownership of those items by law-abiding citizens;

(d) Any act forbidding the possession, ownership, or use or transfer of a firearm, firearm accessory, or ammunition by law-abiding citizens; and

(e) Any act ordering the confiscation of firearms, firearm accessories, or ammunition from law-abiding citizens

WOW, as written that nulifies the NFA tax stamps and registration!

I always chuckle at the notion of moving to another state because they will "ban" Federal Law on 2A.

So youre willing to violate Federal to own something but unwilling to violate State law?

Unless Ive missed something, Im pretty sure the Feds are the ones you dont want to tangle with in these matters.

Why not just do whatever you want right here in Illinois? Apparently law has no meaning to you. Whether we deem it Constitutional or not its still the law until it isnt.

Wouldnt this mean the anti crowd is correct, theres no such thing as law abiding gun owners? At least not in Missouri if this becomes their law.

Unless Ive missed something, Im pretty sure the Feds are the ones you dont want to tangle with in these matters.

You are missing the fact that for the most part in modern times, when state's have proclaimed they will no longer honor/assist/prosecute a federal law they deem unconstitutional federal law enforcement has backed off, can you say the same for state/local law enforcement when they encounter individuals that proclaim they will no longer follow an unconstitutional state/local law?

And if you read the article, there is actually Supreme Court precedent (Printz v. United States) that essentially gives Missouri the sovereign right to ignore federal regulatory laws, it's the same exact Supreme Court precedent the left has been using to ignore immigration and drug laws at the state level.

I mean sure the feds could go all Waco, but that didn't exactly pan out well did it?

I can't possibly count how many times I've said in the last 6 months that Missouri is looking better all the time...

Agreed !!

After comparing taxes in two other states (AZ & WY), the state mandated sales tax in AZ is slightly less than Il-Annoy (#8 vs. #7) while WY is ranked at #44. Both states are OC (WY for residents only) but WY also doesn't have a state income tax.

Arizona just the other day came up with a BIG negative. The ground out there has spores of a fungus that can be fatal under certain circumstances. It is known as "valley fever" and you can get it by "disturbing" the soil. If you do any landscaping or other digging in the soil, you run the risk of getting this disease. NUTZ !!

I can't possibly count how many times I've said in the last 6 months that Missouri is looking better all the time...

Arizona just the other day came up with a BIG negative. The ground out there has spores of a fungus that can be fatal under certain circumstances. It is known as "valley fever" and you can get it by "disturbing" the soil. If you do any landscaping or other digging in the soil, you run the risk of getting this disease. NUTZ !!

Yeah it can kill people

but most people that get it dont even know they have it

because it goes away by itself

or you get mild flu like symptoms

in most cases its not half as serious as lyme disease

most Doctors out here check for it pretty regularly if you have any symptoms

I always chuckle at the notion of moving to another state because they will "ban" Federal Law on 2A.

So youre willing to violate Federal to own something but unwilling to violate State law?

Having the state on your side is an ally I'll take. Can you say that here? The quick answer is....no.

Why not just do whatever you want right here in Illinois? Apparently law has no meaning to you. Whether we deem it Constitutional or not its still the law until it isnt.

You wouldn't be violating Federal Law if Missouri passes a law that supercedes it. I chuckle when I see how that works.

And just a little update on current events, many of us haven't been doing what we want to purposely break laws in Illinois; bogus laws and regulations have been enacted that make citizens criminals without them doing anymore than existing as they did before the king and his men made their decrees.

Wouldnt this mean the anti crowd is correct, theres no such thing as law abiding gun owners? At least not in Missouri if this becomes their law.

If you read up a little, you see in short order we have had, and are having gun laws imposed on us in Illinois that do not comply with Federal laws or intent.

Oh, and for folks in Missouri, they would be "law abiding" if this becomes "their" law

Yeah, I'm not sure I'd invest any more in Illinois at this point from my perspective until this stuff sorts itself out. Missouri was not on my list of places to retire to but it is if this stuff passes and SB 107 passes....Rent the paid for home in Illinois to buy a house in Missouri is doable for me.

VooDoo

Not forgeting it, just like all the medical and recreation marijuna smokers and illegals in sanctuary cities can't forget the fact they are still comiting a federal crime, but as I said previous the feds have for most intents backed away from prosecution in these states.

Again I know (and I suspect most others know) full well that a state can't nullify federal prosecution of federal laws, but in modern times the feds have been mostly standing down and not forcing the issue, and that is a win in my book even if not a victory.

The blunt truth is the feds don't have the man power to enforce most federal laws without the assistance of the state and municiple police and they know it.

Archived