For the first time in almost a decade, voters in District 16 will have a choice for State Representative with Romano.

Romano For Rep

With Tuesday’s Primary Election concluded with an impressive showing by newcomer Vincent W. Romano getting a better than expected return, the stage is set for November when voters of the 16th District (Lincolnwood, Skokie, Morton Grove and Chicago) will have a choice in determining who will be their State Representative. Not since 2004 has anyone challenged the Chicago Machine in the 16th District for State Representative.

“I want to make the State great again,” said Romano “by building up our economy and job base, getting rid of the fraud and corruption and lowering our taxes so Illinois families can prosper“

Not being part of the political norm that this State has been is accustomed to and disheartened by the low ranking of Illinois compared to other States, Vince has been encouraged by a cross current of Democrats, Republicans and Independents to unseat longtime incumbent and House Speaker Madigan’s right hand man, Lou Lang (Initially appointed to Representative in 1987…25 years ago)

You can donate to or to find out more information on Vincent Romano at www.RomanoForRep.com

https://romanoforrep.com/246

I am in District 111 and my Rep (Dan Beiser) already supports his constituents. I, too, want to help anyway I can in Districts where the people are not supported. Please see my post "103rd District Candidate Needs OUR Support!" on this forum. We (Illinoisans) are all in this fight together. Bob

OMG a challenge to Lou Lang. Excellent, and long past due I might add! In the past, especially around the time HB148 was being considered, I found Lang and his staff to be somewhat less than pleasant to deal with. Just my personal opinion of course, and I think I need to leave it at that. :lips sealed:

Thanks for all the support!

If we mobilize people from all over(they can do things from home too, like make phone calls, purge voter rolls online, do research on what Lang has voted on, donate, come up to the district on a weekend when we have groups going out, etc) We can take the machine with man power!

We are building up over the next month to push till the fall, I hope I can count on the people that want to see the change in this State that needs to happen!

Start spreading the word!

Vince

Don't want to divulge our ancient secrets for what we did....but we were hoping for 1500-1600 votes and ended up getting 2475!

In the suburban cook we got a 45.3% Rep turnout vs 54.7% dem...in what was a traditional 70% D area. There was a Presidential vote, my race, a water rec and a judge. All running unopposed but I was the only one I know of actively campaigning and doing get out the vote calls and putting signs up...even presidential races didn't come to my district or put up signs. The Dem side had lots of campaigning going on with lots of judges doing run offs. My name was so hard to find on the ballot, I had to really look for it and some people didn't find my name I was told (only 4 races on the Rep ballot and figure how they managed that :D

We take a major piece out of the Chicago Machine...we will see the machine falter

Archived