Trip to Missouri and CCWing

jackinelgin

This has been my constant companion for a few years now.

Well worth whatever it costs!

I have also become fond of the companion Training app.

I use it frequently. Outstanding app. Thanks for your efforts...!!!

Thank you both for the positive feedback! I try very hard to make these apps the "best out there". For the "training" app, just did a minor release this week to fix a couple of bugs and add a couple of features. :)

Thank you both for the positive feedback! I try very hard to make these apps the "best out there". For the "training" app, just did a minor release this week to fix a couple of bugs and add a couple of features. :)

X3.

I travel m-f and use it often.

What is the training app?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you have a smartphone, you may want to check out the CCW app (which I wrote)

Android or iPhone/iPad

Yes very handy app and I've used it a few times myself. Well a lot more than a few.

X3.

Check his gun range tools and logs link

About the only oddity of Missouri that stands out is that any possession of any firearm, loaded or unloaded, on a bus or mass transmit is a felony. It's a grey area if it applies to shuttle busses and things like that.

Former Missourian here (and actually in Columbia this weekend). Someone else mentioned handgunlaw.us, which is a good resource. Most of the same places that are off limits in IL are a no-go in MO, too. Feel free to stop at any gun shop and handle any firearm you like without ever having to show a FOID. If you pull it out to show, prepare to get comments like, "...commie card," etc. Buy as much ammo as you please with just a driver's license if you look young. Pistols Plus in Osage Beach is a neat place to shop. Not a huge store, but they have a tiny little museum that a handful of classic firearms.

About the only oddity of Missouri that stands out is that any possession of any firearm, loaded or unloaded, on a bus or mass transmit is a felony. It's a grey area if it applies to shuttle busses and things like that.Former Missourian here (and actually in Columbia this weekend). Someone else mentioned handgunlaw.us, which is a good resource. Most of the same places that are off limits in IL are a no-go in MO, too. Feel free to stop at any gun shop and handle any firearm you like without ever having to show a FOID. If you pull it out to show, prepare to get comments like, "...commie card," etc. Buy as much ammo as you please with just a driver's license if you look young. Pistols Plus in Osage Beach is a neat place to shop. Not a huge store, but they have a tiny little museum that a handful of classic firearms.
We are going to Osage Beach so I'll try to check out the gun shop. Thanks all.Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

X3.

It's an excellent place to store info about your collection, licenses, range trips, shot timer... I like it for the firearms and license lists. One day I'll use the ammo function for notes and inventory.

I tell all my classes about the CCW app.

About the only oddity of Missouri that stands out is that any possession of any firearm, loaded or unloaded, on a bus or mass transmit is a felony. It's a grey area if it applies to shuttle busses and things like that.

While not relevant to the OP's visit to Lake of the Ozarks, possession of a firearm on some forms of mass transit (namely the MetroLink light rail) under jurisdiction of the Bi-State Deveopment Agency is classified a misdemeanor--not a felony. But it's still illegal, nonetheless.

I'd like to input some new found knowledge here. I am currently an Illinois resident and do not yet have my CCL. However, I travel to St. Louis very frequently and was curious about their permitless carry as it applies to non-resident. I did contact a pro-2a lawyer(KL Jamison Law) about it and the firm's response was:

Concealed carry has been decriminalized if you are otherwise legal to possess guns. You can carry concealed in Missouri.

Just a neat bit of info that I figured I would share.

Mike

I just got back from a few days in Branson, MO. I was inside a busy McDonald's on Interstate 44 around Rolla and noticed a biker open carrying. No one seemed to care. I'm not sure if it's different from Illinois, but in Missouri possession of a gun while intoxicated is a felony. I interpret that as having a gun in your car and you get pulled over for DUI, you get a felony charge for the gun, CCL or not. Something to think about around the Lake of the Ozarks, where a lot of people are partying.

Archived