Illinois General Assembly 6/1/2019

mauserme

HR398 Restrict Lead Shotshells is adopted 66/44/0.

Am I missing something, but this is a resolution, correct. It has no actual bite, correct. It's just a big we should do something virtue signal. Correct?

It is a resolution, adopted in lieu of passing SB780 since IDNR is already addressing the issue.

It still doth sucketh ... and I don't even have a shotgun...

Am I missing something, but this is a resolution, correct. It has no actual bite, correct. It's just a big we should do something virtue signal. Correct?

Mostly. It could be interpreted as "Please stop using lead shot voluntarily, or next time we'll make it a law." Historically the intent, however, is to promote discussion before they pass a law about how to implement a law and what the impacts would be.

It is a resolution, adopted in lieu of passing SB780 since IDNR is already addressing the issue.

Or it can be a formal suggestion that the executive branch make a regulation, which I guess they're already doing, in which case it's cheerleading.

I just confirmed 3 pm tomorrow. Still trying to get more detail.

I've been hearing these rumors since adjournment last night. Still nothing on the ilga website for Senate schedule.

So they do not need a supermajority? Because of effective date? a resolution?
The date requirement applies to bills that become law.
Thanks. Just questions about the little things. Always learning something new or refreshing on details forgotten from before.

Alerts coming out about the gas tax doubling, who'd have thunk. MO and IN love it.

Yes they want to increase our already large tax from .19 to .38. Also read wanting to increase liquor tax, tobacco surcharge, streaming video tax, plastic bag tax, and a significant increase on car registration for starters.

Alerts coming out about the gas tax doubling, who'd have thunk. MO and IN love it.

Yes they want to increase our already large tax from .19 to .38. Also read wanting to increase liquor tax, tobacco surcharge, and a significant increase on car registration for starters.

Gas stations in MO right across the river from Alton and Granite City (I-270) both.

From 5/27:

"He's already in over his head with all of the other BS in this state. Illinois doesn't have any money and that's a big problem to him. He bought the office and now he has to come up with taxes that don't make him one and done. The problem is nobody wants to pay $200 to renew their plates, $50 for a DL, a 20 cent gas tax. The well off don't want a graduated income tax."

I remember the discount bills last year that for like $10 more pet year you could register your car for multiple years. So $100 for 1 year, $110 for 2 years, ... $140 for 5 years.

Those days are gone.

Regulate online poker. That'll help.

Yes they want to increase our already large tax from .19 to .38. Also read wanting to increase liquor tax, tobacco surcharge, streaming video tax, plastic bag tax, and a significant increase on car registration for starters.

This is what happens when they let the Dems hold the House, Senate, and Governor seats. I was reading an editorial in the tribune that they were afraid of a ride share tax of $1 per ride making the tax in Chicago $1.72 one way, they don’t care about the increase in gas tax or vehicle registration that the driver pays... Welcome to party pal, everyone is going to feel it! How long until the next election that takes away the super majority in the house? Needless to say people in this state will probably never learn.

Don't forget the vehicle mileage tax

How do they intend to enforce that one? Is it going to be tied to the Emission testing where we have it? There is no way I am plugging anything into my OBD 2 port that narks on me, even if it is just mileage. My insurance company sends me a card every year and I go online and put in the mileage of my vehicles. They double check that against service records and emission tests. What about my Jeep that is exempt? I am the only one that works on that. I don't see how a mileage tax would be the least bit feasible or enforceable.

vee have vays of making you comply comrad.... you will just mount a tracking device to your vehicles, and keep your papers in order or else.

While discussed, I dont think that one is in any of the current bills or amendments.

They do not know how to tackle the issue without having there own ***** handed to them....remove crook, dupage, will, lake and the rest of the state has less population than state of conneticut....they do not have the people numbers except in there core northeast counties to amount to anything...what left downstate will close down and anybody within 20 miles of bordering state will be spending dollars there...at what point do people 50 miles inland make the drive across state lines to buy gas, cigs, alcohol and hookers????...be real interesting watching how they try and work this out without going after there own in crook county and adjoining area....madigan put in jb so he goes down and not him...yea its that mucked up....

How do they intend to enforce that one? Is it going to be tied to the Emission testing where we have it? There is no way I am plugging anything into my OBD 2 port that narks on me, even if it is just mileage. My insurance company sends me a card every year and I go online and put in the mileage of my vehicles. They double check that against service records and emission tests. What about my Jeep that is exempt? I am the only one that works on that. I don't see how a mileage tax would be the least bit feasible or enforceable.

vee have vays of making you comply comrad.... you will just mount a tracking device to your vehicles, and keep your papers in order or else.

During the campaign, Pritzger suggested mandating a GPS in every car registered in Illinois, so that the state knows how much you drive in-state vs out-of-state. (So they see exactly where you drive - and when. Big Brother is watching you.) There was an option proposed to decline the GPS, but I can't recall what is was. (It wasn't just to assume the odometer difference was all in-state.) I do recall it was crazy expensive. Sorry, I don't feel like looking it up right now.

During the campaign, Pritzger suggested mandating a GPS in every car registered in Illinois, so that the state knows how much you drive in-state vs out-of-state. (So they see exactly where you drive - and when. Big Brother is watching you.) There was an option proposed to decline the GPS, but I can't recall what is was. (It wasn't just to assume the odometer difference was all in-state.) I do recall it was crazy expensive. Sorry, I don't feel like looking it up right now.

Best recollection, no promises:

Have the GPS installed (only taxed for in-state miles), or...

Pay a per mile tax for all miles driven, using the vehicle's odometer reading, or...

Pay an obnoxious annual fee per vehicle.

In other words:

Big brother watches you, and they only gouge one eye out, or...

They gouge both eyes out, or...

They gouge both eyes out twice.

They do not know how to tackle the issue without having there own ***** handed to them....remove crook, dupage, will, lake and the rest of the state has less population than state of conneticut....they do not have the people numbers except in there core northeast counties to amount to anything...what left downstate will close down and anybody within 20 miles of bordering state will be spending dollars there...at what point do people 50 miles inland make the drive across state lines to buy gas, cigs, alcohol and hookers????...be real interesting watching how they try and work this out without going after there own in crook county and adjoining area....madigan put in jb so he goes down and not him...yea its that mucked up....

50 miles? I think people will drive further than that. I'm already looking. While gas alone won't be the deciding factor, smokes will be. Gas is 2.40 in Hannibal Mo. 2.65 in Decatur Il. With smokes going up a dollar a pack that puts a carton of Marlboro at around $87 vs 50 to 55 in Mo. Take a little road trip, fill car up, fill up some 5 gallon gas cans, buy 4 cartons of smokes and motor back home. I have a vehicle that averages 50 mpg. It'll save me money to make the trip. I think a lot of people will be crossing borders. I also think with what happened this past week Illinois is going to lose people like crazy. Everyone I know is looking to get out. Everyone.

Soon, all they'll have left are those who pay no taxes due to low income or those who pay no or very little in taxes due to pension income. Next up, pension income. Yea, all you state retirees are gonna be teed up for a royal screwing. If there is a God then Pritzker will be at the helm when this ship finally sinks.

He can go straight to heck if he tries to put a ******* GPS tracking device on anything that I own. United States v. Jones says law enforcement can't even place tracking devices on cars without a warrant so good luck justifying tracking cars for taxing purposes. And no I won't take the alternative because it's an illusion of choice. One method is illegal. I'll file a lawsuit. No, I'll just leave this hole in the ground. Another taxpayer waving "bye bye" because they can afford to lose taxpayers /sarcasm. Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Archived