I WANT TO GIVE EACH AND EVERY PERSON AN INTERNET HUG AND KISS! WENT ACTIVE TODAY! YES!

GUYS, SORRYFORSHOUTINGANDYESIKNOWASPACEBARCOULDMAKETHINGSEASIERTOREADBUTTODAYICHECKEDMYSTATUS

ANDGOTAPPROVED! THEREASONIAMNOTUSINGASPACEBARINTHISCASEISSOEVERYBODYCANCAREFULLYREADIT....LOL

OK, BEING GOOFY HERE BUT I FEEL SO AWESOME! I WAS READY TO MOVE OUT OF ILLINOIS BUT NOW I PLAN ON STAYING HERE. I WANT TO THANK ALL OF YOU INCLUDING EVERYBODY AT ISP AND I OWE MANY THANKS TO MOLLY. I WILL ALWAYS DONATE TO THIS WEBSITE UNDERSTANDING THERE ARE A LOT MORE WORK TO BE DONE. AND VALINDA GOT $200 DOLLARS COMING HER WAY.

THANK YOU AND I WANT TO GIVE EACH PERSON HERE AN INTERNET HUG AND KISS! HIGH FIVE PEOPLE! I WISH EVERYBODY THE BEST OF LUCK! IF I EVER WIN THE LOTTERY, I AM GOING TO GIVE EACH MEMBER HERE AS A GIFT A BRAND NEW GLOCK 34.

Thank you everybody and I really owe many thanks to Valinda Rowe, Todd, and my attorney who really helped make this happen for me. I made a lot of good friends on this site and now that I got my permit, I guess that means I will have to run one more marathon. Argh! I told them that I was done running marathons and the last one left a bitter pill. But I promised if I got approved I would train for one more. OK so I will train for one more but that is it. I plan on cycling next.

I ran a fall marathon last year, at mile 13 my right knee flared up, then because I was over compensating my left hip started to ache, and then by mile 20 my Achilles was complaining. It was the absolute worse feeling, had only 3 hours sleep previous night, I was limping the whole way from mile 13 so you can imagine what it felt like having to run another 13 miles needing crutches. But I was determined to finish and get my medal and I did. My time was 3:38 which was god awful but still pretty decent. Another reason I have decided to quit marathons is because within the last 3 years I have gotten slower and slower. Just three years ago my 5K time was 18:31 which is pretty dam good and today it would probably be around 23 minutes! Yikes!

I felt this whole CCW process was just the same, no different than running a marathon and bonking at mile 20.

Doltongang, to answer your question I submitted my app 1/3/2014, but got rejected for poor training certificate scan so my date was moved up to 1/10/2014. I was then placed under board review I believe 2/10 or 2/14. And then 30 days later the review board was requesting more info. Then 30 days later they said they needed something else, and then today I was approved. So that took the theory that they were purposely stalling as they gave me the answer well before the 23 due date of this month.

Miztic,I will upgrade that to a 7mm Magnum Rifle of your choice. In fact, I will gladly buy Elmer Fudge a 7mm Rifle Magnum and he can take it to any gunsmith, trick it out and send me the bill and I will pay it gladly(inside joke).

Fantastic! I hate to ask but can you throw in a nightforce scope too?

Also - I will return the favor when I win the lottery, gun of your choice, up to and including a barrett .

Hey Elmer!! :)

Thanks man! Yes I did do a job on myself, complaining and all the sorts but yes I am finally relieved! I can now go about my own business and yes I will be low low key.

@Marie, sorry for yelling but when I get excited I love to shout it out....lol

Dude, even your topics titles are always all caps! ;) cool to.see someone so excited.

Hey Elmer!! :)

Thanks man! Yes I did do a job on myself, complaining and all the sorts but yes I am finally relieved! I can now go about my own business and yes I will be low low key.

@Marie, sorry for yelling but when I get excited I love to shout it out....lol

I have to say....I just stopped for a minute to wonder if I am ever going to see my appeal get processed....I am now in month seven...and have been pounding on ISP almost constantly for the last month...am starting to believe that they are in a state of relative paralysis...it seems that they have plenty of people that are working hard....when it involves something that has been clarified for them....FOID card issuance turn around is back to within reasonable limits, the FCCL's involving training replacement seems to have started moving.....FCCL processing right now shows 65K applications and 44K permits issued so that backlog seems to be working itself down.....we really can't comment on CCLRB since none of them seem to have gone to court yet. Based upon recent information exchanged they seem to be close to dealing with DUI denials.....which leave FOID Revocation Appeals and ISP FCCL Appeals. Based upon my recent experience....I doubt they are going anywhere quickly....and that has two possible causes....a bottleneck with the Mental Health Review Board due to the sheer number of appeals or they haven't been able to get their procedures approved through ISP legal. Time will tell.....it might be useful to start a thread to track the progress of appeals if people would benefit from that information.

Miztec....lol...only a nightforce scope with that? I was prepared to spend much more money on you but now that I know...hmmmm...

@PJH, I appreciate the understanding of running marathons. I have ran 7 of them and I could never understand why I run them. But yes I have gone through a lot to get this, but compared to what everybody else has to go through to appeal, a process that does not allow any due process that is an ultramarathon by comparison. I truly hope everybody here pulls through and gets their permit. It is why I plan on donating $200 at the end of this month to Molly's website. I know it could be easy for me to escape but I feel a duty to help others that helped me. I just hope everybody here when you get your permits, you will be a supporter of this site until we get everything we need.

Archived