crazy the amount of denials

remchance

I submitted my app 1/3/2014. Denied 4/4/2014.

0 arrests

0 convictions

Perfect record, maybe 4/5 speeding tickets. State comes back with " need all mental evaluations for last 15 years" AND ALL information on MY attempted suicide in 1980. WHAT? I NEVER "Attempted " suicide and have NEVER been mentally evaluated. What the hey!!!!

I've had my FOID card since 1974. I have UT and FL CCW. Then I get a letter one week later stating a police department has objections to my application. Most of the LEO's around me are friends of mine, so I thought. Not a happy camper. Payed to much money for this. Frustrated!

And yes, my instructors are all IL cert.

Hey Beytill.

No offense and I don't know you but the icon that's associated with your screen name immediately brings to mind memories of a guy that had serious issues in the late 70's or early 80's in the Chicago land area. He turned the whole image of clown into a dark direction. I wasn't sure if you were aware of the individual or his crimes and mass media coverage that followed. This isn’t an assault on you or your icon. It’s the same thing as letting someone know that their fly is open. Just a “head’s up” or “fyi”.

With regards to your denial you stated.........

"State comes back with "need all mental evaluations for last 15 years" AND ALL information on MY attempted suicide in 1980".

I don't know how or why you got flagged but I would tend to think that one or more of the "Most of the LEO's around me are friends" doesn't want you to have a CCL and flagged you.

How is it "Most of the LEO's around me are friends"?

Maybe you grew up with these guys? Maybe get together and go shooting? You go out drinking with these guys? Are they coworkers or involved with you professionally in some way?

Is the term “friend’s” used loosely?

If these LEO's had become your “friends” by them being forced to interact with you I would say that's not good.

Maybe it's one of them deals where you think that the LEO's are your friends but they're really not.

Best wishes and Good Luck!

0 arrests

0 convictions

Perfect record, maybe 4/5 speeding tickets. State comes back with " need all mental evaluations for last 15 years" AND ALL information on MY attempted suicide in 1980. WHAT? I NEVER "Attempted " suicide and have NEVER been mentally evaluated. What the hey!!!!

I've had my FOID card since 1974. I have UT and FL CCW. Then I get a letter one week later stating a police department has objections to my application. Most of the LEO's around me are friends of mine, so I thought. Not a happy camper. Payed to much money for this. Frustrated!

Prints? Sounds like another persons;s data got mixed with yours

0 arrests

0 convictions

Prints? Sounds like another persons;s data got mixed with yours

It seems to be happening quite a bit to many being denied.

Hello My 2 Cents,

Please take no offense to my reply. It's been a late nite in the shop....WOW! Please take another look at my avatar. It is NOT a clown.

In is a Mandrel (baboon). From Mandrel to a Clown to....Gacy. Wow, And The state wants to see my mental evaluations. Again, take no offense, but....

As for LEO's as my friends. No I didn't grow up with them. I've known most for 30 years. I've worked on most of their bikes and cars. And no I don't go drinking or party with them. I don't drink. I don't have time and I'm the one usually doing all the driving.

A little background, I am a retired sound tech(15 years on the road), retired Union Ironworker (30yrs), certified welder, own my own shop. I can just about repair or build anything. I do custom welding and fabrication for a few bike shops in the area. Many you probably seen in Easy Rider and Iron Horse. I've been building custom show cars and trucks since I was 15. I also do installs of car audio and home theater, big or small. And in my Spare Time,yeah right, I do small engine repair and restore and build custom golf carts, mild to wild. People know me and my work. I'm anal, I'm not fast, and I'm not in it for the money. Oh yeah, I also build custom art pieces on commission. My wife and I also own a salon in town. She's booked 4 weeks in advanced and on average 18+ people a day, 6 days a week. She is also a Paul Mitchell educator.

Now as for they might have me confused with another person. That's what I was thinking. Because there is an individual in the same town, area, with the same last name. No relation. And almost the same first name. Mine is Robin, his is Robert. A know felon and trouble maker and as of right now I think he is still in prison. On MANY occasions Leo's would show up at my door looking for him. Also the people that I bought my house from, their son is wanted for questioning for a bank robber years ago. Forgot about that one.

Hello My 2 Cents,

Please take no offense to my reply. It's been a late nite in the shop....WOW! Please take another look at my avatar. It is NOT a clown.

In is a Mandrel (baboon). From Mandrel to a Clown to....Gacy. Wow, And The state wants to see my mental evaluations. Again, take no offense, but....

As for LEO's as my friends. No I didn't grow up with them. I've known most for 30 years. I've worked on most of their bikes and cars. And no I don't go drinking or party with them. I don't drink. I don't have time and I'm the one usually doing all the driving.

A little background, I am a retired sound tech(15 years on the road), retired Union Ironworker (30yrs), certified welder, own my own shop. I can just about repair or build anything. I do custom welding and fabrication for a few bike shops in the area. Many you probably seen in Easy Rider and Iron Horse. I've been building custom show cars and trucks since I was 15. I also do installs of car audio and home theater, big or small. And in my Spare Time,yeah right, I do small engine repair and restore and build custom golf carts, mild to wild. People know me and my work. I'm anal, I'm not fast, and I'm not in it for the money. Oh yeah, I also build custom art pieces on commission. My wife and I also own a salon in town. She's booked 4 weeks in advanced and on average 18+ people a day, 6 days a week. She is also a Paul Mitchell educator.

Now as for they might have me confused with another person. That's what I was thinking. Because there is an individual in the same town, area, with the same last name. No relation. And almost the same first name. Mine is Robin, his is Robert. A know felon and trouble maker and as of right now I think he is still in prison. On MANY occasions Leo's would show up at my door looking for him. Also the people that I bought my house from, their son is wanted for questioning for a bank robber years ago. Forgot about that one.

Beytill,

Thank you for posting a more detailed history of your past. After reading your response it definitely sounds like a case of mistaken identity. The part that isn't right is the not knowing why "police department has objections to my application". Personnally if I was in your situation I would pursue this issue. I would start by reading the "Molly" threads and take some action.

Again, the LEO objections are very troubling.

If it isn't a problem I would also like to know the same thing that "wtr100" asked..........

Did you submit prints?

Oh,I apologize for mistaking your Mandrel (baboon) for a clown ....... lol.

Don't just do nothing ! ! !

Good luck ! ! !

Yes, prints were sent.

As for Jesse, never had the pleasure. I would love to go to his shop and absorb just half the knowledge that man has in smithing.

I had the "pleasure" of working on the last chrome moly Dominator frame that he actually made. I was given the job to try to stuff a 120" 200hp S&S motor into it. Had to cut in to the backbone for the rear cylinder and also cut into upright for room for the 2" exhaust. It fit, but, when I heard the owner was putting a wire laced wheel in the rear, not a solid. I had to walk away. Wanted no part of it.

And then there are most of us that have sailed through the system and have been carrying 99% of the time for several months. One here knows dozens of folks that have applied and all have been denied, sounds like a street gang applied all at once. Anyone who thought this systems rollout in Illinois would be flawless was dreaming. The problems will be sorted out either by the courts or by executive order. We all know that if Illinois was going to err it would be on the side of denials. We are just about 4 months in now

It's gonna take time.

Don't forget, this push back doesn't come cheap, support those that are fighting for us.

And then there are most of us that have sailed through the system and have been carrying 99% of the time for several months. One here knows dozens of folks that have applied and all have been denied, sounds like a street gang applied all at once. Anyone who thought this systems rollout in Illinois would be flawless was dreaming. The problems will be sorted out either by the courts or by executive order. We all know that if Illinois was going to err it would be on the side of denials. We are just about 4 months in now

It's gonna take time.

Don't forget, this push back doesn't come cheap, support those that are fighting for us.

I take that in offense. I am not a gang member, do not socialize with gang members. Do not hang with crooks, or bad people.

I am not a criminal.

If it were you wrongly accused without due process you to would be p***** too. So don't pull the candy attitude.

So what I know people and have friends. Sure I know people who have been denied. But don't think twice that I don't know people who have been approved and are carrying.

I have probably been carrying legally longer then many here.

Candy coat it anyway you want. You don't have a clue.

Good day sir.

I'm not the guy appealing this because I have a bunch of arrests, convictions, mental disorders, etc.

I'm the guy appealing this because I am legal. Am not a convict, am not any reason to be denied for. One guy has already said he received his with multiple arrests. No pun intended to who said it just example.

But people are missing the big picture. They are not going to go out and deny everyone. It would bring to much suspicion. But deny some who "ARE LEGAL, LAWALBIDING CITIZENS" and the state government knows these are going to be the folks to appeal and pay courts and state fees. Money right to the money hungry Illinois.

This is how business men work.

Call it conspiracy...... Guess I'm just open minded.

I don't debate children with guns, your loud mouth attitude serves the discussion no good. You know everybody and everything.

You start a thread with an obvious untruth and it goes down hill from there. You're right about or thing, your rant is so much bull. I'm glad we have more rational heads on the front lines in Springfield. Your welcome sir.

Myself and 14 other vets were denied for insufficien training.

We used a ISP certified instuctor who was later decertified.(Day 80+ of our application.)

We were told that the instructor did not complete a full 8 hous of instruction. Apparently you are not allowed bathroom breaks or lunch breaks. I can honestly say we did around 7 1/2 hours of total instruction.

We got a letter from the state telling us we could appeal and had 60 days to rectify the insufficient training.

No guide lines on how to appeal other then a frequent asked question section?

We reaccomplished the training and sent the new certicate in by mail, only to later find out there is a form we need to fill out in conjunction with the appeal and we could email it in. (The only place to find this form is in the frequently ask questions section?)

We reaccomplished the appeal and emailed in. Called them/emailed the ISP several times to confirm they actually got it. Took them over two weeks to get back to us.

I applied on 6 Jan and now I am in the pile of felons waiting to have it reviewed again!

The process is broken! We followed all guidelines set forward by the ISP and we'll be lucky to even get our CCL?

Myself and 14 other vets were denied for insufficien training.

We used a ISP certified instuctor who was later decertified.(Day 80+ of our application.)

We were told that the instructor did not complete a full 8 hous of instruction. Apparently you are not allowed bathroom breaks or lunch breaks. I can honestly say we did around 7 1/2 hours of total instruction.

We got a letter from the state telling us we could appeal and had 60 days to rectify the insufficient training.

No guide lines on how to appeal other then a frequent asked question section?

We reaccomplished the training and sent the new certicate in by mail, only to later find out there is a form we need to fill out in conjunction with the appeal and we could email it in. (The only place to find this form is in the frequently ask questions section?)

We reaccomplished the appeal and emailed in. Called them/emailed the ISP several times to confirm they actually got it. Took them over two weeks to get back to us.

I applied on 6 Jan and now I am in the pile of felons waiting to have it reviewed again!

The process is broken! We followed all guidelines set forward by the ISP and we'll be lucky to even get our CCL?

Hard to disagree that the system is broken. I get a sense that there is a fair number of those who feel these are just growing pains and necessary to ensure the integrity of the system. Bitter pill if you are one who is caught up in the dragnet.

• 4 weeks later...

What percentage of review board denials are minorities? Is it easier for the review board to discriminate against minorities using their secrecy as cover for their discrimination?

I missed the part on the application where it asked what your race or ethnicity was. Oh, maybe that's why we had to submit a photograph...

How about the DL?

It's gonna take time.

I wonder, how much trouble did Wisconsin have when they rolled out their concealed carry law? bottom line, the Illinois law is fraught with inefficient denial procedures and methods. And those entities were green lighted by those in springfield.

I find it ludicrous that people in other states can walk in to a police department or sheriff's office and walk out with a CCW in hand, or at worst have it back in a week, but to appease people who fought (using our own money) against our ever having the chance to provide for our own defense they come up with one of the most convoluted issuing processes in the country that can still be loosely considered "shall-issue".

You have a right to face your accuser in court, to know the charges you face that may wind up in your rights being denied and to provide a rebuttal (defense) against those charges. This process should use the same criteria, since a denial is denying you your right to self defense.

The ability of elected or appointed officials to deny you your rights without articulation and essentially anonymously (until you expend thousands to force the release of information) is an insult to due process.

Sadly, we're probably going to need another plaintiff, preferably one from a poor neighborhood, who gets denied without any criminal history and suffers assault as a result to again force the idiots in Springfield to act in the public interest instead of their own.

Perhaps we can utilize the concept of economic inequality to challenge this entire process and illustrate some real "disenfranchisement".

0 arrests

0 convictions

I'd say they got you mixed up with someone else, I have a friend that gets arrested everytime he steps foot in the dmv because of multiple warrents for his arrest, the only problem is he's 5'5" and white and when they call the state of Florida to let them know they got their guy they realize that he's not 6'8" and black so they let him go, he finally got smart and the last time he went to the DMV he stopped by the police station first and explained the situation first and then went to do his business

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk

I find it ludicrous that people in other states can walk in to a police department or sheriff's office and walk out with a CCW in hand, or at worst have it back in a week, but to appease people who fought (using our own money) against our ever having the chance to provide for our own defense they come up with one of the most convoluted issuing processes in the country that can still be loosely considered "shall-issue".

You have a right to face your accuser in court, to know the charges you face that may wind up in your rights being denied and to provide a rebuttal (defense) against those charges. This process should use the same criteria, since a denial is denying you your right to self defense.

The ability of elected or appointed officials to deny you your rights without articulation and essentially anonymously (until you expend thousands to force the release of information) is an insult to due process.

Sadly, we're probably going to need another plaintiff, preferably one from a poor neighborhood, who gets denied without any criminal history and suffers assault as a result to again force the idiots in Springfield to act in the public interest instead of their own.

Perhaps we can utilize the concept of economic inequality to challenge this entire process and illustrate some real "disenfranchisement".

my first permit took me 6.5 months to get. Just saying the systems when new suck. I changed counties to get it faster. At 21 they told me 180 days for prints before they would look at my application. (Others over 50 were getting them in 60 days)

Then after Afghanistan I needed a new card Detroit decided that due to having my wallet stolen in Afghanistan thus no police report I needed to go to the board. They wouldn't let me write one as the officer in charge. Well got a police report somehow. Turned it in got my card(print cards this time so as I waited) wasn't removed from the board waiting list. Didn't go to meeting obviously. Got card revoked.

Never notified. Illegally carried18 months. Bought 12+ guns using that as background check.

Getting new card got it all sorted out took 5 hours waiting and explaining 4+ times.

Life sucks, don't get exasperated if need be call a lawyer.

We sued Wayne co 5+ times the state just as many won most. Took a decade to mostly fix it.

Optimism guys it doesn't happen overnight.

Loctite/paint pen/regularly check your gear. A gun falling off your belt is unacceptable

Archived