Anybody get their CCL after appeal yet?

After being denied due to revoked instructor I will be doing remedial training over the weekend. I originally applied 1-5-14 with no prints. Received my denial letter 4-2-14. I plan on emailing ISP all the required photos the night I get home from training . I was wondering if anyone has gone through the appeal process? Does the clock start again and I can look forward to getting my CCL in July or will I be bumped to the head of the line as it seems ISP has probably already looked into my background? Tried contacting ISP by phone and email. No response to email and phone says too busy, call back later.

I have NOT looked at the FCCL statute in detail yet, but you guys might want to keep something in mind. The statutes are all very clear on the amount of time you have to submit your appeal after being denied. I am NOT aware of anything in the statute that provides a guideline on how long it might take for the appeal to be processed. Let me share some joy.as most of you are aware I got bit by the FOID Revocation provisions in 430 ICLS 65/8(e) back in September 2013. I received the revocation letter on October 10, 2013. My Revocation Appeal was completed and Submitted on October 21, 2013. That means that in a bit over a week it will be SIX MONTHS SINCE MY APPEAL PACKAGE WAS SUBMITTED and I still have not heard one word other than a confirmation that the people responsible for processing the appeal have a completed package. Again, repeating, I haven't confirmed the issue of whether the FCCL has a timeline for the processing of Review Board denial appeals....however, if it is anything like FOID Revocation if you are in that position you had better have quite a bit of patience and realize that you may be in limbo for a long haul. I am coming from this having had the benefit of good advice and lots of attorney involvement. If you approach this thinking things are going to happen fast you may be in for a very large dose of frustration. My purpose is not to discourage anyone, just to put it out there that there may be a reality here that doesn't match what you are expecting.

Sec 87 of the FCCL law says you petition the court after 90 days when ISP fails to respond. You could apply that to receipt of an appeal that has not received an response in 90 days.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Sec 87 of the FCCL law says you petition the court after 90 days when ISP fails to respond. You could apply that to receipt of an appeal that has not received an response in 90 days. Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Though you run into a very interesting issue with respect to whether commencing litigation before receiving the result of an appeal meets the standard for exhaustion of administrative remedies. Again...I was careful to preface my post with a caution about not having dug into the FCCL statute in the same fashion as I have looked at the FOID statute. Just something to be aware of.

I filed my appeal this morning. The way I understand it is that the hearing is where we get to plead our case. When I filed, they gave me a court date, I'm not sure exactly how they determine the dates or time, but my date is exactly 4 months from the day I appealed. So it is definitely not going to be a quick process, and to top it off, I still don't know why I was denied (outside of the standard "you are a danger to your self........" letter) so now I will have to battle to get that information before my court date so I at least know what I am appealing.

Posted · Hidden by mauserme, April 13, 2014 at 12:41 AM - No reason given
Hidden by mauserme, April 13, 2014 at 12:41 AM - No reason given

So what is the approximate weight time for an appeal of a denied permit, not by Board Review?

"weight time" ....oh gawd..give me a break...if we try to articulate a concept and act like a bunch of illiterate baboons...we ought not expect much.....try "wait time"....an point is "moot" note "mute".....if you can't express yourself with proper spelling, grammar, etc, then don't it isn't helpful.

After being denied due to revoked instructor I will be doing remedial training over the weekend. I originally applied 1-5-14 with no prints. Received my denial letter 4-2-14. I plan on emailing ISP all the required photos the night I get home from training . I was wondering if anyone has gone through the appeal process? Does the clock start again and I can look forward to getting my CCL in July or will I be bumped to the head of the line as it seems ISP has probably already looked into my background? Tried contacting ISP by phone and email. No response to email and phone says too busy, call back later.

I'm in the same boat with nearly identical dates. I just took the retraining and emailed the certificate along with original denial letter. I just tried calling to get a better answer on timing and what to expect but their voice mail is full and cannot leave a message. I really hope we are not thrown back to the bottom of the pile.

I filed my appeal this morning. The way I understand it is that the hearing is where we get to plead our case. When I filed, they gave me a court date, I'm not sure exactly how they determine the dates or time, but my date is exactly 4 months from the day I appealed. So it is definitely not going to be a quick process, and to top it off, I still don't know why I was denied (outside of the standard "you are a danger to your self........" letter) so now I will have to battle to get that information before my court date so I at least know what I am appealing.

You might have a different situation than those who were denied for the instructor that was revoked. Those who were affected by this instructor just need to resubmit a new training certificate.

Took my training over the weekend, got my certificate, and emailed everything ISP was asking for last night. I flagged my email to ISP to let me know when it is actually opened. So far, no change in my status. I will keep everyone updated. Hopefully, ISP will surprise me with good news soon. Not holding my breath, though.

Took my training over the weekend, got my certificate, and emailed everything ISP was asking for last night. I flagged my email to ISP to let me know when it is actually opened. So far, no change in my status. I will keep everyone updated. Hopefully, ISP will surprise me with good news soon. Not holding my breath, though.

Did you ask for acknowledgement on the email or put in a period (or blank) gif and watch the logs? (which is what paid services do)

I almost never acknowledge receipt.

Did you ask for acknowledgement on the email or put in a period (or blank) gif and watch the logs? (which is what paid services do)

I almost never acknowledge receipt.

What does a blank gif do?

Elmer I hope you are wrong. Especially in the case where the instructor messed us up.

I would certainly like to be wrong too..however consider that my FOID appeal has been sitting with ISP for six months....and I know of at least eight or ten more that have been sitting LONGER THAN A YEAR. I am the last person in the world that wants to see anyone suffer through this nightmare. I have also already seen better than $30K go into the process....where the instructor had bad creds....it technically shouldn't even be an appeal.....it is essentially nothing that is your fault....it is entirely on the head of someone you relied on I get it.

I don't believe you guys are actually filing an appeal. The people that were denied for other reasons after board review and received letters stating the reason (as vague as it may be) have to actually file the appeal with their local circuit court.

From what I've seen on your denial letters, you guys basically just have to update ISP with your new proof of training via email.

I'm willing to bet that you'll receive your license in the same amount of time as others that applied in a similar fashion (prints/no prints, app date, etc.), with the time from initial denial until submitting proof of training added on. 90/120 days plus the few extra weeks.

I suppose all we can do is wait and find out.

Archived