30 day review by local Law Enforcement

just wondering if anyone knows any details regarding the 30 day period that our local LEO's have to submit an objection.....for example, if Your application has been submitted for over 30 days and the status is still "under review" and not changed to "board review", does that mean that Your local LEO's did NOT submit an objection to your application ? Also, does our 30 day local LEO period begin the day that we submit our applications ? or is the 30 days given to them at any time during to process ? I believe that I've been told that if the local LEO's DO NOT object to an applicant within that 30 day window that they are given, then they cannot object to an applicant later during the process....Anyone know if there is any truth to that ? I submitted My application on March 2nd and so I have just passed the first 30 day period and am still currently listed as "under review", so I am assuming, for now anyways, that My local LEO's have not objected to my application....for the record, I'm in Winnebago County (Rockford)...Thanks for reading and any comments would be appreciated,

My understanding is that ISP has 10 days to place your application into their database and that the local LEOs have 30 days from that time. To my knowledge, there is no way to tell when it is placed into their database so I figured it would be at least 40 days before I would see any change in my status online.

Yeah, it is my understanding, confirmed by posts here, that there is almost zero delay between your application payment and showing up in the LEO review database.

Go back and read posts from January and February, the objection stuff was discussed extensively.

The 10 day data entry period is moot with the all-electronic applications system at present. Submitted applications appear on the LEO portal immediately and the 30 day objection period begins. Past 30 days, there is no longer an option to submit an objection.

Go back and read posts from January and February, the objection stuff was discussed extensively.

The 10 day data entry period is moot with the all-electronic applications system at present. Submitted applications appear on the LEO portal immediately and the 30 day objection period begins. Past 30 days, there is no longer an option to submit an objection.

Maybe so, but I was put Under Board Review 32 days after my app was submitted!

Maybe so, but I was put Under Board Review 32 days after my app was submitted!

Maybe there was some lag time in processing the information to kick it up to the board (pure speculation following...). It wouldn't surprise me if the submittal to the board wasn't electronic and hand scribed by a calligrapher. (At $150 per Application, they can afford it.)

Maybe it doesn't count the day you submit the app, and therefore starts the following day. If that were the case, it would be open for objections for 30 days and then after the window closes, the following day they send any and all objections to the board to review. This way, the local LE get a full 30 days before the board reviews, so if multiple departments have something to say, it will all be reviewed together.

FWIW: I'm not a LEO, Lawyer, or anything else to do with this process. The above stated conjecture was provided as a possible meaning for your 32 days. Your math may vary, as I'm sure the actual procedure varies.

• 1 month later...
As I see it the LEO period allows for any and all outside objections, which if sucessful seem to be the worst to ovrecome. The ISP may be doing it's background check in the meantime. If there are no outside objections but the ISP finds anything objectionable or an outright prohibitor in their search they will deny an application, refer it to the Board of Review or a combination of both. It may also be in addition to an outside objection as well. Nothing in the Law says they can't Run Up the Score. Being Under Review (Black Letters) past 30 days is a good sign.

Archived