Did the Application Status page get an update?

ITguy1686

I checked my status today and instead of "Appeal Under Review" it now just says "Under Review." I was thinking this was good news but I noticed they added some verbiage to the page which I have pasted below. Does this mean my appeal has been pushed through or is it just a side effect of the web page change?

About the Application Process
Upon receipt of a qualified application, Illinois State Police (ISP) will issue or deny the applicant within 90 or 120 days depending on the submission of fingerprints. During the review process, ISP will send notifications on key status changes to the supplied email, and send correspondence via U.S. mail to the applicant’s home address. Law enforcement personnel throughout the state of Illinois have a 30-day period to object to submitted applications. In doing so, a board dedicated to reviewing objections will make a final decision to affirm or not the totality of objections submitted. Once the period for review has elapsed, ISP will prepare, print and send the Concealed Carry License to the license holder’s mailing address.

I checked my status today and instead of "Appeal Under Review" it now just says "Under Review." I was thinking this was good news but I noticed they added some verbiage to the page which I have pasted below. Does this mean my appeal has been pushed through or is it just a side effect of the web page change?

About the Application Process
Upon receipt of a qualified application, Illinois State Police (ISP) will issue or deny the applicant within 90 or 120 days depending on the submission of fingerprints. During the review process, ISP will send notifications on key status changes to the supplied email, and send correspondence via U.S. mail to the applicant’s home address. Law enforcement personnel throughout the state of Illinois have a 30-day period to object to submitted applications. In doing so, a board dedicated to reviewing objections will make a final decision to affirm or not the totality of objections submitted. Once the period for review has elapsed, ISP will prepare, print and send the Concealed Carry License to the license holder’s mailing address.

I don't know how the appeal process works, but I do know with the review board, if you go from "Under Board Review" back to just "Under Review", it is a good thing! Here's to hoping it means the same for you! As I said though, I am not sure if that is how the appeal process works too.

FYI, my page has always had the "About the Application Process" part at bottom

This should mean your appeal has been granted and your application is now back in the system to be processed.

• 6 months later...

Archived