IGOLD 2019

RacerDave6

I’ve never been and I want to go. What to expect?

Last year there were a lot of different pro 2A groups present in the lobby of the Springfield Convention Center. We arrived about 10:00 A.M by car. We spent some time visiting them and then found a seat in the Center. In the Center at 11:00 A.M.? various pro 2A groups, Illinois politicians and private citizens spoke. After several hours of speakers we assembled into a long, narrow group as we walk out of the Center and walk about 1 mile with banners and some loud calls for 2A rights through the streets of downtown Springfield to the State Capitol Building. There were a few more pro-2A speakers at the steps to the Capitol Building. We went inside the Capitol Building and "lobbied" state legislators which amounts to handing out pre-printed cards to various elected officials. The lobbying was not very organized since we were somewhat on our own finding various elected officials offices in the rather maze-like Capitol Building. One take-away from the lobbying was the aide to Speaker Madigan who was collecting the cards from us who stated that he was not available. The House was in session. The pile of cards were an inch thick when we gave him ours. Several of the pro-2A groups seemed better organized than others with respect to providing a meeting point at the Center and then guiding folks through the Capitol Building. We left Springfield at about 4:00 PM.

Besides IGOLD, I have also filled out witness slips on the ILGA website and also talked or emailed my Rep, Senator and private businesses on specific pieces of legislation. My Rep is 100% pro-2A (based on 2A voting from last term), my Senator is a bit shaky at times. The Senator's office staff at times are not responsive. I have also contributed $ to pro 2A legal funds.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Does anyone know if there will be any charter buses leaving the Chicagoland area, heading down to Springfield for iGOLD, like theyve done in the past?

There is one leaving from Joliet. $27

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/igold-2019-bus-trip-joliet-springfield-joliet-tickets-54921941004?aff=efbeventtix

Does anyone know if there will be any charter buses leaving the Chicagoland area, heading down to Springfield for iGOLD, like theyve done in the past?

There is one leaving from Joliet. $27 https://www.eventbrite.com/e/igold-2019-bus-trip-joliet-springfield-joliet-tickets-54921941004?aff=efbeventtix

Thanks, Lou! I’ll keep this in mind, but I’m hoping to find a charter departing from somewhere closer to me.

There is one leaving from Joliet. $27 https://www.eventbrite.com/e/igold-2019-bus-trip-joliet-springfield-joliet-tickets-54921941004?aff=efbeventtix

Thanks, Lou! I’ll keep this in mind, but I’m hoping to find a charter departing from somewhere closer to me.

Like where?

Archived