Just got a call to support Rauner and Moynihan

Gebbster

Second post, well about time I did more than just read..

I just got a call on my cell phone, so nice that people sell those numbers... about wanting to know if I support Rauner in the upcoming election. Well has to be better than Quinn right?

But then he asks if I would also support Jim Moynihan who is running against Michelle Mussman for the 56th district in northern Illinois.

We all know Mussmans take on 2A and it is not good but has anyone heard anything regarding Moynihan?

I know that Illinois Carry will not endorse folks etc and I am just wondering if the awesome folks here have any details that can be shared while I did up some information myself.

Thanks all.

I am having a hard time seeing how Rauner would be better than Quinn. One is a known pathetic antigun liberal. Come to think of it, this describes both.

I share the skepticism of Rauner, but at the end of the day a vote for anyone other than Rauner is an extra vote that Quinn wins by. Just sayin.

We know what we have with Quinn - we have to get a super majority to override the veto every time. I doubt that will ever happen with Rauner.

I find it interesting that Quinn thought that "attack ad" above is so damaging. Rauner only supported the current law/our rights... we can decide to own a rifle for target shooting, hunting, and any lawful activity, can't we? If Quinn thinks that position represents a show stopper for anybody running for government in Illinois, he's really warped. Doesn't he remember what happened to his veto on Conceal Carry?

I'm hoping that the question surprised Rauner and he said what we really felt deep down. But that makes me warped to think he might be dedicated to anything deep down :)

Rauner is "fair weather" friend. He is pro-2a, because it is in his best interests to be so. Quinn is an established and committed enemy, and works hard to destroy freedom every chance he gets. There really is no comparison. While of course I would rather have a true & committed friend to the 2nd amendment, I will take a fair-weather friend any day over a determined enemy!

I really don't care if Rauner made an investment deal with Rahm 10 years ago for something or other, so that makes him toxic, or whether some of you think he's just another Madigan plant. I know Governor Potato Head is hard set against our rights and has proven it time and time again.

If Rauner is willing to veto any new taxes and infringements on our rights, it's better than the status quo where we have hundreds of people leving the state every month and are 49th in job creation because of these weasels.

Stay home or vote Libertarian etc. and it's one more Chicago gerrymandered machine vote for Quinn and you risk all of our rights. Fer cripe's sake, I live in Frankfort and Bobby Rush is my Congressman! That's just twisted and sick.

I'm voting for Rauner and for Obeweiss against "Lying Sack 'O Durbin", who called my kid in the Army in Afghanistan a Nazi.

"Why re-elect Pat Quinn?"

"Because Rauner is rich."

Yeah, that sounds intelligent.

I really don't care if Rauner made an investment deal with Rahm 10 years ago for something or other, so that makes him toxic, or whether some of you think he's just another Madigan plant. I know Governor Potato Head is hard set against our rights and has proven it time and time again.

If Rauner is willing to veto any new taxes and infringements on our rights, it's better than the status quo where we have hundreds of people leving the state every month and are 49th in job creation because of these weasels.

Stay home or vote Libertarian etc. and it's one more Chicago gerrymandered machine vote for Quinn and you risk all of our rights. Fer cripe's sake, I live in Frankfort and Bobby Rush is my Congressman! That's just twisted and sick.

I'm voting for Rauner and for Obeweiss against "Lying Sack 'O Durbin", who called my kid in the Army in Afghanistan a Nazi.

"Why re-elect Pat Quinn?"

"Because Rauner is rich."

Yeah, that sounds intelligent.

I have to agree......

Archived