Eric Swalwell wants your guns.

Twostarrz

I beat you by 3 minutes but I put mine in the Back room. :):) What he fails to mention is that the compliance rate in Australia was somewhere around 19 to 20% if memory serves. This guy is a straight up Cali-Politico.

From a related article. :

“There's something new and different about the surviving Parkland high schoolers’ demands,” he wrote. “They dismiss the moral equivalence we’ve made for far too long regarding the Second Amendment. I've been guilty of it myself, telling constituents and reporters that 'we can protect the Second Amendment and protect lives.’”

Instead, he writes, “the right to live is supreme over any other.”

"Fixing our problem requires boldness and will be costly, but the cost of letting it fester will be far higher — for our wallets, and for our souls."

His positions were hard enough to stomach but I refuse to listen to his self righteous concern for "our souls" when he's happy to support taking the souls of others on a whim.

Is it out of line to say that I will shoot anyone that unconstitutionally/unlawfully tries to take my firearms?

The wife knows Im serious about this and she isnt happy

Don't sweat it. You are not alone! I am getting agitated by all of this. The world has been crazy for a long time. We just have access to instant information now which makes people, including me more hyped up.

From a related article. :

“There's something new and different about the surviving Parkland high schoolers’ demands,” he wrote. “They dismiss the moral equivalence we’ve made for far too long regarding the Second Amendment. I've been guilty of it myself, telling constituents and reporters that 'we can protect the Second Amendment and protect lives.’”

Instead, he writes, “the right to live is supreme over any other.”

I agree with him about statement about the right to live. I just wonder about his plan to live after we're all disarmed.

Ok so we ban the AR15 then what? What are we to do when the next time a bad person uses a shotgun with 00 buck? I know ... we will have to ban shotguns or at least the buckshot ammo.

What about that guy in I think 2007 who shot up Virginia tech with two pistols? A 9 mm and a .22 was used to kill around 30 and wound another 27+ .

So we just have to get rid of all these deadly devices.

What .... someone used a truck to run over a bunch of people????????? Blah , blah , blah infinity...............................................

Idiots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If he thinks Australia got it right, he can buy a ticket and be there this evening. Good riddance. However:

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that he probably wouldn't qualify for any of their skilled migrant visas and that he doesn't have a successful business here and thus wouldn't be likely for nomination by a state or territorial government to establish a business in Australia. That leaves the refugee and humanitarian option. He'd probably need to argue that the 2nd Amendment has put him in fear for his life and (this is the hard part) convince Australian authorities that his fear is justified. Probably wouldn't work, since if they bought that for him, they would have to open the doors to the other 300M Americans. Which leaves the illegal route. He could pay some Malaysian coyote a bundle to sneak him in and then wash dishes in Sydney for the rest of his life, hoping he doesn't get caught and deported. He had just better hope the Malaysian coyote is heavily armed.

The same coordinated propaganda. The fact is that only 3% of the murders are committed by rifles "assault weapons". A semi automatic rifle is not an assault weapon and repeating the lies will not make it the truth. A non semiautomatic hunting rifle bullet can do more damage and they will try to ban those next. Guns defend people's lives and right to live and according to statistics are used 2.5 million times a year for self defense. Guns guarantee the right to live and that's why politicians bodyguards use them.

He knows full well that if career criminals are locked away, violent crime would virtually cease. However, he also knows that if guns were locked away, violent crime would continue without pause. One political strategy is designed to enrich and re-elect him. The other would anger his constituency.

He should be impeached.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived