Duckworth making Senate Run

spec4

Rep. Tammy Duckworth to announce Senate bid Monday

Illinois Congresswoman Tammy Duckworth (D) is reportedly gearing up to announce Monday that she will challenge vulnerable GOP incumbent Sen. Mark Kirk in 2016.

The Chicago Sun-Times reported Friday that Duckworth, a wounded Iraq war veteran, would launch a bid next week. Duckworth was first elected to the House in 2012 when she unseated GOP incumbent Rep. Joe Walsh. Her announcement has been widely anticipated, with fundraising in place for a likely Senate bid.

Duckworth’s office did not immediately return a request for comment. Other candidates reportedly considering a run include Democratic Reps. Cheri Bustos, Bill Foster, Robin Kelly.

Source: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2015/03/27/rep-tammy-duckworth-to-announce-senate-bid-monday/

The scary part of this is.......she is running against Mark Kirk..........and she just might pull this one off.

The catch here is how much more damage the Dem brand suffers between now and Election Day.

While I would never bet on a Republican in a statewide Illinois race, the "D" is so tainted now even Pat Quinn managed to lose the Gov mansion as an incumbent without even being indicted.

But... the amount of money that will swing behind the manufactured candidate, Duckworth is going to be staggering. With Axelrod back home in Chicago and able to knock out scandals, whisper campaigns, slanders, slurs, and the most outrageous memes in the last 80 years, it won't be hard to damage Kirk beyond his own self-inflicted wounds.

The stroke will be an issue- concern for the less-abled only applies to Democrats in the world of the legacy media. The IC people from here will heap the hatin' on him too for his absurd anti-gun operations.
And deservedly, to a point. As repugnant as I find his sleeping with the Soroses on gun rights, he's been decent, even almost solid, on many another matter of serious national and international import.
His support of the US military is still good, if not perfect. Having a Navy is still pretty important to me, and Kirk's as good as it gets for the swabbies.

It will come as quite a surprise to all though, including Kirk himself, when it comes out that he's had six extramarital affairs and sexually harassed at least a dozen innocent interns.
Oh, no? Remember Mitt Romney's many whispered-up affairs and Cosby-esque misstep? Axelrod's still the best there is at propagating mud memes. Within the friendly confines of the Prairie State, he'll have even less reason for restraint.
Meanwhile, Duckworth's lack of accomplishment and talent will be a huge asset.
Hate to see the R seat go, but it was fun while it lasted.

It is possible that someone could take on Kirk in a primary and then beat Duckworth. A couple months ago I would say Shock could do it. Maybe Kinsiger will give it a try. Long way to 11/16 folks, lot's can happen. Not that it matters but she has done nothing in office other than tow the party line. Incompetence is a big plus for IL Dems.

Anybody else think this might have something to do with her not being allowed to vote on a certain key party issue because of some recent medical issue? Maybe she's feeling slighted by congressional party leadership.

Absolutely NO......she has been focused on this for a while.....small side wager that the air comes out of Foster's sails pretty quickly too?

Its labels to a certain degree....its also to a large degree an example of Pygmalion Effect.........she is a Veteran.....she is a she.....and all of a sudden poof.....instant front runner. The interesting elements in this one are going to be:

• Does a disproportionate force enter the race....such as Bloomberg underwriting a Robin Kelly candidacy?
  • Is there someone that the "party" [e.g. Mr. Madigan, etc] wants to see in the race?
  • Is the DNC at the national level going to make knocking Kirk out a real top priority?
  • Does someone on the GOP side decide to challenge Kirk in a primary?

This could easily become one of the most contested Senate races in 2016.

I resent Kirk for pushing this choice on us.

Any Primary challenger will be looked down on as some sort of spoiler or opportunist heel.

And then we got "our" Hawaiian born Tammy (just like good old Barry), good little order following robot female soldier that got wounded flying a helicopter... and milking it for all it's worth.

Just how good has she done / distinguished herself as a representative in a (my) "safe" (gerrymandered) district?

Bueller?? Bueller??

Quite frankly, I'm wondering if that party senses that she has worn out her welcome in that district, and they MUST move her to another pasture while they can.

Kirk is the #1 target inthe senate. and Illinois being largely blue in statewides, especially a presidential year, does not bode well for him.

They will give Duckworth a pass on most everything. she is a horrible speaker and does poorly on the stump.

Joe Walsh is NOT a credible challenger to Kirk. and he would get thumped by Duckworth a second time.

Shimkus would be a great primary, but out of party layalty he won't do it.

So it comes down to this, going into a presidential election, and we are hoping for a republic win on that, are we better off with a republican and a republican senate or not?

I am hoping that some fo the things Obama has been doing are teeing up our friends to take on some of the gun issues and drop a big ole goose egg on his desk. But getting real change done is gonna take a republican president. and we will need a republican senate to get that done. This might be a time to get kirk to move some as if gun owners feel they have no where to go, then Meh. to Kirk and depending on the electorate, he just might need every vote he can scrape up.

We shall see. i keep an open mind at this point, but we should remond all of our friends of the recent mag ban Duckworth introduced.

The biggest question is WHO will be gifted the Bloomberg MILLIONS in this election?

In Chicagoland he has proven he can buy who ever HE wants.

He will buy the biggest anti 2A he can find and he AND his stooges will provide what ever $ it takes to hopefully win.

It will be up to us to prove he wasted his money.

What does Duckworth really have going for her?

I am a new mom (couldn't do that right by herself).

I am a wounded warrior (so are many others).

Now tell us what real qualifications you really have?

Kirk is the #1 target inthe senate. and Illinois being largely blue in statewides, especially a presidential year, does not bode well for him.

They will give Duckworth a pass on most everything. she is a horrible speaker and does poorly on the stump.

Joe Walsh is NOT a credible challenger to Kirk. and he would get thumped by Duckworth a second time.

Shimkus would be a great primary, but out of party layalty he won't do it.

So it comes down to this, going into a presidential election, and we are hoping for a republic win on that, are we better off with a republican and a republican senate or not?

I am hoping that some fo the things Obama has been doing are teeing up our friends to take on some of the gun issues and drop a big ole goose egg on his desk. But getting real change done is gonna take a republican president. and we will need a republican senate to get that done. This might be a time to get kirk to move some as if gun owners feel they have no where to go, then Meh. to Kirk and depending on the electorate, he just might need every vote he can scrape up.

We shall see. i keep an open mind at this point, but we should remond all of our friends of the recent mag ban Duckworth introduced.

Todd I respect you , however you know as well as I if not better than I once reelected closet boy Kirk is beholding to no one Period and will do as he always has SELL US OUT

if the balance of the senate is in question, the only vote I care about is the one that gives the majority to the republicans.

would like to see some stuff out of him this year. we shall see. but the majority is my first concern

^^^THIS^^^

The phrase "Senate majority leader Schumer" frankly scare the heck outta me.

The thing that has always mystified me is that with her background, how on Earth Duckworth could be as anti-constitutional as she is on a number of subjects. I am kind of dumbfounded by that, to be honest.

She said it herself she is not an American , "she is a American Citizen" that says it all foreign born and raised says it all

She was born in Thailand

http://www.biography.com/people/tammy-duckworth-21129571

if the balance of the senate is in question, the only vote I care about is the one that gives the majority to the republicans.

would like to see some stuff out of him this year. we shall see. but the majority is my first concern

^^ THIS ^^

Can we assume, based upon the above, that Illinois Carry will also "officially" endorse the R party in an effort to preserve our 2A Rights??

Sorry guys and gals in advance......

But if she hadn't been shot down and rode that pony hard, we wouldn't even know her!

That's of course my own opinion, but being former service member and serving your country for those at home and then stating that we need more gun control?!?!

Anti 2A

Anti American....I'm a citizen.....not an American?

Does she really expect that to not shadow her the whole campaign?

Shame with over 100,000 CCL holders in Illinois that we couldn't get together to actually make a difference at voting time!

***Rant Of

Ok, I read the biography, and STILL cannot SEE why or HOW she is a U.S. citizen?

Can someone enlighten me please, on how someone born in Bangkok, Thailand is a citizen.

Ladda Tammy Duckworth was born on March 12, 1968, in Bangkok, Thailand, to a mother of Chinese heritage and a father of British descent. Because her father did refugee work for the United Nations, Duckworth's childhood took place against varied backdrops—spanning Thailand, Indonesia, Singapore, Cambodia and Hawaii.

Duckworth—along with her mother, Lamai, and her father, Franklin—moved to Hawaii as a teenager. After high school, Duckworth earned her undergraduate degree at the University of Hawaii. Afterward, she obtained her Master of Arts in international affairs at George Washington University in Washington, D.C. In pursuit of yet more higher education, Duckworth then relocated to Illinois, where she enrolled in a political science Ph.D. program at Northern Illinois University.

While attending NIU, Duckworth enrolled in the Reserve Officers' Training Corps with the Illinois Army National Guard. Trained as a Blackhawk pilot, in 2004 Duckworth left NIU when she was deployed to Iraq. In Iraq, Duckworth flew Operation Iraqi Freedom combat missions until her helicopter was struck by a rocket-propelled grenade in the autumn of 2004. The explosion took both of Duckworth's legs and robbed her of full function in her right arm.

Were her parents citizens?

IMO she's ALSO an Illinois carpetbagger.

Archived