Urgent update 3/24 - Call your state representative to oppose HB3160

Tvandermyde

Just got a call, the house judicial committee is going to move the HB3160 violence protection order bill today.
They are still holding all of our gun bills

1. Call your rep and oppose the bill no due process and you have to prove your innocent

2. When you call your rep, tell them you are upset that all the pro-gun bills are being blocked and not being allowed to be heard and we deserve a fair committee hearing and a chance to have our bills voted on the floor especially the suppressor bill

added by Molly B. - witness slips in opposition to the bill can be filed until the end of the committee hearing which begins at 3:30 p.m. today.

http://my.ilga.gov/WitnessSlip/Create/89305?committeeHearingId=12600&LegislationId=89305&HCommittees-page=1&GridCurrentCommittees-page=6

Christine Wingers office, no answer, no VM????? Anyone able to get through?

http://www.ilga.gov/house/Rep.asp?GA=99&MemberID=2271

Both numbers listed in this link.

Called my rep. She's sponsor on at least one anti-2nd amendment bill (the .50 cal ban) but the way I see it, it's always worth it to bring to her attention the fact that not every Evanstonian supports firearm restrictions.

About the .50 cal ban...considering that the cartridges cost upwards of $2.50 PER ROUND and the rifles upwards of $3,000 apiece, why even bother trying to ban them? No criminal would be willing to spend that kind of money for something like that.

/rant

Okay, I ended up emailing Winger. Not the best answer came back.

"Thank you for contacting us with your concern over HB 3160. I appreciate your concern over a bill that may not be constitutional.

However, as a legislator, I must take all sides into consideration and make a wholehearted effort to fully understand both arguments before I can come to a complete decision on the bill.

Thank you for your time, and if there is anything else I can help you with, please feel free to contact my district office at (847)-252-9311

Sincerely,

Christine Winger

State Representative, 45th District"

How can anything recognized as possibily unconstitutional even register as needing any consideration. Kill it and tell the author to try again with a better solution.

About the .50 cal ban...considering that the cartridges cost upwards of $2.50 PER ROUND and the rifles upwards of $3,000 apiece, why even bother trying to ban them? No criminal would be willing to spend that kind of money for something like that.

/rant

Nor has a .50 cal round ever been used in a homicide that I have ever seen or heard of.

Archived