States Where Illinois Carry Licensees May Carry

Molly B.

Are there direct links to the various states record stating that they will recognize the Illinois permit? I like handgunlaws.us but it's always a good idea to provide primary sources and I didn't see any on their pdf.

Every state info page on handgunlaw.us has links to the individual state information pages right on the state websites - the list of links is in the upper right corner of every state page. Virtually all the states that recognize Illinois licenses have simple "recognize all permits" policies, so they will make no mention of Illinois specifically. Wisconsin and Nebraska do make specific mention of Illinois as they have added Illinois recognition due to Illinois license requirements. The link I posted for Nebraska is on the Nebraska State Patrol website, and their regular reciprocity page was also updated to include Illinois in the list of accepted states.

• 2 weeks later...

Are there direct links to the various states record stating that they will recognize the Illinois permit? I like handgunlaws.us but it's always a good idea to provide primary sources and I didn't see any on their pdf.

Every state info page on handgunlaw.us has links to the individual state information pages right on the state websites - the list of links is in the upper right corner of every state page. Virtually all the states that recognize Illinois licenses have simple "recognize all permits" policies, so they will make no mention of Illinois specifically. Wisconsin and Nebraska do make specific mention of Illinois as they have added Illinois recognition due to Illinois license requirements. The link I posted for Nebraska is on the Nebraska State Patrol website, and their regular reciprocity page was also updated to include Illinois in the list of accepted states.

Got it, thanks!

• 1 month later...
I wonder if they know they also merged with the State of Chicago too? Having said that I am glad another State allows us to carry when we don't allow them. Edited by spec5

Nevada updated their reciprocity website effective 7-24-14 and Illinois is on the list. We can now carry in Nevada.

http://www.nvrepository.state.nv.us/ccw_changes.shtml

I followed the link. It looks like we invaded Kansas and are known as "IllinoisKansas" but I am glad to see we can now carry in another state. Woot!
Someone needed to put in a carriage return when they edited the website :P

apart from this it is next to impossible to get a permit to go to Vegas.

Yay

Either a PITA,, expensive and otherwise useless NV permit or an Idaho Enhanced permit are the only options for permits available to everyone that are recognized in NV. So NV recognition is a big plus. Edited by Gamma

If you live in NV, you have to get a permit from the county in which you reside. Beyond that, the permit is good statewide. Any permit that is honored in NV should be honored in LV. Just be careful about open carry in the LV area since there's apparently some contention about it.

Awesome. I have no intention of OCing but it is great I'll be able to CC while I'm there. I have some conventions I eventually want to attend in LV too, so this will definitely be used.

handgunlaw.us was informed of the NV update and it's on there now.

Also, add Montana to the list:

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=50808

https://doj.mt.gov/enforcement/concealed-weapons/

Yea!!! I vacation a lot in Montana. I remember when their speed limit signs said "Reasonable and Prudent" for their daytime speed limit.