FOID Renewal

bmyers

Well, I received an email today stating my FOID card was expiring on July 1 and it provided a link to renew.

The renewal process was easy, although I don't like paying the $1 convivence fee. So, we will see how long it takes them to get me my card.

Well, I received an email today stating my FOID card was expiring on July 1 and it provided a link to renew.

The renewal process was easy, although I don't like paying the $1 convivence fee. So, we will see how long it takes them to get me my card.

I do not like the $1 convenience fee either. A first class stamp is 50 cents. There is not much difference in the cost between the 2 methods now.

• 4 weeks later...

This may have been covered elsewhere - why does the state still require a FOID card if the individual has a conceal carry card? Unless I'm missing something, the CC card would seem to provide everything the FOID card does and more....

It's a requirement.

If you have a CC you can use that in place of the FOID. I prefer to carry both and use the FOID at the range or gun/ammo store. I reserve presentation of the CC for CC related interactions.

If you don't renew your CC (due to cost or lack of interest), it is likely your 10 year FOID is still valid.

Archived