Foid reinstatement process

Going to start the process of getting my foid card back. Had a domestic incident that resulted in no conviction and charges reduced. Was going to do the process myself but have been pricing out attorneys. One quoted me at $2,000. Any of you guys ever use an attorney, and if so, how much you pay? Wasnt sure where to post this question on the forums. Sorry in advance if it's in the wrong place. Thanks Edited by Littleagnes99

Molly B, would the request for review get a foid card back if all the paper work is correct and charges were shown to be dismissed in the final disposition, or do I have to do the whole process of the foid appeal with the 3 letters, etc.

You should not have to go through the entire appeal process it you do the request for review.

If you submitted an appeal, it could take a year or more.

If you submitted a request for review, it could shorten that time, don't know by now much.

Okay I'm waiting for them to call me back but if I find out I did in fact do an appeal, is it too late to turn in a request for review? I think I did the review as I didnt have to provide 3 letters or anything.