Rep Arroyo arrested

steveTA84

https://wgntv.com/2019/10/28/state-rep-luis-arroyo-charged-in-ongoing-corruption-scheme/

CHICAGO Illinois State Rep. Luis Arroyo (D-Chicago) has been charged in a scheme to pay another elected official.

The charges were unsealed in a federal courtroom in Chicago Monday.

Prosecutors accuse Arroyo, who is the assistant majority leader in Springfield, with offering to illicit payments to an unidentified state senator. The state senator is cooperating in the investigation, according to federal officials.

Some speculation of Dorothy Brown or Sandoval . Amazing that politicians are allowed to have these lobbying type companies. He owned Spartacus 3 or some such foolishness. Their mission statement may as well just say corruption for hire. Also Arroyos kid is a Cook County commissioner i believe. Whole darn state stinks but Cook smells the worst.

Hhmm, interesting. One article says "$10,000 bond" and the other says "personal recognizance bond". Either way, I would bet that Arroyo was out of the building before the ink was dry on the judge's signature. :pinch:

"Assistant majority leader" - does that mean he is #2 to "Lurch"?? :devil: The noose tightens !! :clap: :hyper:

There is still a bail amount attached to the i-bond, you just don't have to pony up the 10% as your signature is taken in lieu of the 10% cash.

My guess is his lawyer quickly got the traditional d-bond shifted to an i-bond because as everyone knows those in power and/or with money get treated differently.

Sun-Times

Not only that, but the 13-page criminal complaint unsealed Monday against Arroyo reveals the on-and-off cooperation with the FBI of the state senator - who wore a wire on Arroyo in hopes of landing a reduced sentence for filing false income tax returns. A source identified that lawmaker as Sen. Terry Link, D-Vernon Hills, a chief architect of the gambling package that cleared Springfield earlier this year.

Sun-Times

Not only that, but the 13-page criminal complaint unsealed Monday against Arroyo reveals the on-and-off cooperation with the FBI of the state senator - who wore a wire on Arroyo in hopes of landing a reduced sentence for filing false income tax returns. A source identified that lawmaker as Sen. Terry Link, D-Vernon Hills, a chief architect of the gambling package that cleared Springfield earlier this year.

SCC says Terry Link too. Funny how they eat their own. Keep on rolling Feds.

Archived