Democrat Presidential Candidates & 2nd Amendment - Sun Times

icm2014

I’m guessing Democrat National Platform claims they “support the 2A” !!

From the 2016 platform:

(2020 will be out during the convention next year)

Preventing Gun Violence

With 33,000 Americans dying every year, Democrats believe that we must finally take sensible action to address gun violence. While responsible gun ownership is part of the fabric of many communities, too many families in America have suffered from gun violence. We can respect the rights of responsible gun owners while keeping our communities safe. To build on the success of the lifesaving Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act, we will expand and strengthen background checks and close dangerous loopholes in our current laws; repeal the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA) to revoke the dangerous legal immunity protections gun makers and sellers now enjoy; and keep weapons of war—such as assault weapons and large capacity ammunition magazines (LCAM’s)—off our streets. We will fight back against attempts to make it harder for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives to revoke federal licenses from law breaking gun dealers, and ensure guns do not fall into the hands of terrorists, intimate partner abusers, other violent criminals, and those with severe mental health issues. There is insufficient research on effective gun prevention policies, which is why the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention must have the resources it needs to study gun violence as a public health issue.

^^^ do you support that Soundguy ?? ^^^

Please make it an easy Yes or No.

He forgot to highlight this

With 33,000 Americans dying every year, Democrats believe that we must finally take sensible action to address gun violence. While responsible gun ownership is part of the fabric of many communities, too many families in America have suffered from gun violence. We can respect the rights of responsible gun owners while keeping our communities safe. To build on the success of the lifesaving Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act, we will expand and strengthen background checks and close dangerous loopholes in our current laws; repeal the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA) to revoke the dangerous legal immunity protections gun makers and sellers now enjoy; and keep weapons of war—such as assault weapons and large capacity ammunition magazines (LCAM’s)—off our streets. We will fight back against attempts to make it harder for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives to revoke federal licenses from law breaking gun dealers, and ensure guns do not fall into the hands of terrorists, intimate partner abusers, other violent criminals, and those with severe mental health issues. There is insufficient research on effective gun prevention policies, which is why the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention must have the resources it needs to study gun violence as a public health issue.

That means ban semi-automatic weapons that can accept detachable mags, and banning said magazines. Julie Morrison style

You keep asking silly questions, Tom.

No.

Just to be clear (we’ve had our disagreements), I don’t think you’re anti-gun, just as I know many dem voters aren’t. Change your party locally. I’ve worked with many democrats that believe the party is not representative of them anymore.

You keep asking silly questions, Tom.

No.

Just to be clear (we’ve had our disagreements), I don’t think you’re anti-gun, just as I know many dem voters aren’t. Change your party locally. I’ve worked with many democrats that believe the party is not representative of them anymore.

Good luck on that. The Brady campaign and Bloomberg have made it a core principal to make sure no pro-gun Democrats ever get elected again.

Follow the money. They want to claim that the NRA is a partisan operation, which is only true because of actions taken by Bloomberg and Brady... They have made the NRA what it is, and then they want to demonize it. I think there are lots of problesm with the NRA, but the Democrats are in the pocket of Bloomberg on Gun Control (which is not "common sense gun safety" and certainly not "reasonable").

Archived