It's hard to resist a deal like this

SycamoreRuger

b6a2334caff7c4a37efa0b0a047f860c.jpg

Who else struggles to resist deals like this when they come along? I don’t need another 9mm and I certainly wasn’t in the market for a Taurus, but man this is hard to resist. This is how I ended up with my Taurus TCP, when it was something like $139. Plus you get a year of NRA membership with a Taurus (or at least you used to.)

I am looking forward to seeing what other rebates become available this summer. Springfield usually has their free magazine deals this time of year too.

b6a2334caff7c4a37efa0b0a047f860c.jpg Who else struggles to resist deals like this when they come along? I don’t need another 9mm and I certainly wasn’t in the market for a Taurus, but man this is hard to resist. This is how I ended up with my Taurus TCP, when it was something like $139. Plus you get a year of NRA membership with a Taurus (or at least you used to.) I am looking forward to seeing what other rebates become available this summer. Springfield usually has their free magazine deals this time of year too.

Taurus recently switched their lifetime warranty to a year.... Super easy to pass up on a gun that the manufacturer won't stand behind.

Taurus-Limited-Lifetime-Warranty-logo-im

The following Taurus handguns, previously covered under a one-year warranty, will now be covered under a Limited Lifetime Warranty:
Taurus® G2c, G2s, TH series, Taurus TX22, 1911 Commander, 1911 Officer, Taurus Spectrum®, Raging Hunter®, 856, and 692 revolvers.

Original purchasers of a Taurus firearm covered by a one-year warranty will be pleased to learn their firearm will be covered under this new Limited Lifetime Warranty.

All legacy firearms covered under the original lifetime warranty will remain covered by that warranty.

I heard they cut their warranty, did someone forget to tell Taurus?

http://www.taurususa.com/taurus-limited-lifetime-warranty-2/

Taurus-Limited-Lifetime-Warranty-logo-im

The following Taurus handguns, previously covered under a one-year warranty, will now be covered under a Limited Lifetime Warranty:

Taurus® G2c, G2s, TH series, Taurus TX22, 1911 Commander, 1911 Officer, Taurus Spectrum®, Raging Hunter®, 856, and 692 revolvers.

Original purchasers of a Taurus firearm covered by a one-year warranty will be pleased to learn their firearm will be covered under this new Limited Lifetime Warranty.

All legacy firearms covered under the original lifetime warranty will remain covered by that warranty.

I heard they cut their warranty, did someone forget to tell Taurus?

http://www.taurususa.com/taurus-limited-lifetime-warranty-2/

HA!!! Well then. Looks like Taurus heard from many people who felt the same way I did. Appears they JUST changed back to a lifetime warranty within the past 8 days.

March 2019 (Miami, FL) – Taurus® is excited to announce the implementation of the company's new Limited Lifetime Warranty. In developing this policy, Taurus incorporated feedback received from their dedicated handgun owners and enthusiasts, based on what they wanted to see in a handgun warranty. Taurus customers will be pleased to learn the following Taurus handguns, previously covered under a one-year warranty, will now be covered under a Limited Lifetime Warranty:

I have a Taurus Millennium G2 PT111, if I were to buy another one I'd spend the extra $25.00 to get a stainless steel slide. Right out of the box I could see metal on some places. Whatever coating they use showed signs of wear after the first range trip.and I can see the sheen of bare metal starting to show through. I don't know what they did with the mag release, either they machined it after they coated it and then forgot to re-coat it or something but it had bare metal right out of the box:

http://www.illinoiscarry.com/forum/uploads/monthly_05_2019/post-3474-0-88105600-1557407337.jpg

I created a Get-Home-Bag in case I can't get out of Chicago by vehicle and have to set out on foot. I purchased a Taurus Millennium G2 PT111 to put in that GHB. I purchased the Taurus Millennium G2 PT111 for 197.98 shipped. I wasn't going to worry about if it got a little rust on it, for under 200 bucks, but it sits in the trunk of my car most of the time and I haven't had any rust appear on it. I'm surprised because the finish on the Taurus Millennium G2 PT111 is really sub-par. There was already bare metal showing in spots right out of the box, and the finish doesn't wear well.
One nice thing about the Taurus Millennium G2 PT111 is that it takes Sig P226 magazines. Here is a pic of my Taurus Millennium G2 PT111 with the 20 round MEC-GAR mag for the Sig P226:
http://www.illinoiscarry.com/forum/uploads/monthly_05_2019/post-3474-0-93829700-1557407724.jpg
You can see from this picture ^ metal starting to show through on the thumb safety, metal starting to show through on the slide stop, the take down lever.... the finish is pretty mediocre on this gun.
I waxed the slide with Meguiar's Gold Class Carnauba Plus Paste Wax. Meguiar's Gold Class Carnauba Plus Paste Wax is PH neutral and has no abrasives in it. Maybe that helped keep the rust off of the PT111.
The gun has been reliable. It has cycled everything I fed it – 115gr Winchester “Target” FMJ, 147gr bonded Golden Saber, 147gr Federal HST, 124gr Lawman TMJ, 115gr Federal “Champion” FM,. 123gr ZQI “NATO” FMJ and 115gr TULA BrassMax FMJ. I've never had a malfunction with the Taurus Millennium G2 PT111.
One thing that I've learned with budget pistols is that what is “good” about budget pistols is the price and the value, and once you get past that – most everything is mediocre. When I read reviews of budget pistols, a lot of authors write things like “The trigger is good for a $200.00 gun.” I know that opinions of triggers is a matter of personal preference and highly subjective. Even use-cases are highly personal. One person is satisfied if they can get all the rounds in the black of a B-27 target at 7 yards, another person will say a pistol is junk if they can't cover a 5-shot group with quarter at 25 yards from bench rest.
I can't categorize the trigger on the Millennium G2 PT 111 as good. Taurus claims the “trigger system solves the double action/single action dilemma once and for all.” Once the slide is moved to the rear the striker is tensioned and the trigger is in what Taurus calls “Single Action Mode” In Single Action mode there is a tremendous amount of take up in the trigger, its almost like a Kahr trigger when the slide hasn't been cycled. If you didn't know better it seems like a dead trigger, or a broken trigger. After that long take-up the rearward movement stops – like hitting a wall, and then quite a bit of pressure to get the trigger to break. The trigger on my Millennium G2 PT 111 has changed. Now, after the the initial long take-up the trigger lurches once more before it breaks, sometimes it lurches twice. NOT GOOD. I find it difficult to keep a good sight picture when I'm applying the pressure to get the trigger to break.
My 5-shot groups at 10 yards standing, shooting offhand balloon out to 4" and 5" I really don't know what kind of situations I might need to use that gun if things get so bad that I leave my car behind. I mean - at that point things are really bad. It would be foolish to say that I'd only ever need a firearm at self-defense ranges since things might be volatile and chaotic and I might need a firearm for more than 7 to 10 yards - who knows... But I didn't want to spend a lot of money on a pistol that just sits in a GHB.
Price was the primary concern.

post-3474-0-88105600-1557407337_thumb.jpg

post-3474-0-93829700-1557407724_thumb.jpg

Save your money...

Taurus is garbage.

Springfield is a trader to the 2nd amendment.

I disagree. Taurus makes quality firearms at a low price point. They are absolutely decent firearms and far eclipse anything that's even close in price. They're not as nice as SigSauer or Colt, but they don't compete in the same price as them. I've had a Taurus handgun absolutely trouble-free for close to 20 years.

My 24/7 was bought on a whim at a gun show. Lots of plastic and not the most handsome piece.

It shoots every brand of 45 ammunition I feed it and it dead on accurate.

I actually used it to qualify for my cc.

I can't speak for the company as a whole as I don't speak for any other one either; this gun is accurate and dependable.

My 24/7 was bought on a whim at a gun show. Lots of plastic and not the most handsome piece.

It shoots every brand of 45 ammunition I feed it and it dead on accurate.

I actually used it to qualify for my cc.

I can't speak for the company as a whole as I don't speak for any other one either; this gun is accurate and dependable.

It must be a Glock. YES!!!

Save your money...

Taurus is garbage.

I disagree. Taurus makes quality firearms at a low price point. They are absolutely decent firearms and far eclipse anything that's even close in price. They're not as nice as SigSauer or Colt, but they don't compete in the same price as them. I've had a Taurus handgun absolutely trouble-free for close to 20 years.

You can buy a Canik TP9 for around $250 with rebates or on sale. That is a good deal for a gun that will run 10,000 plus rounds without a hiccup. So if you need a budget gun at a low price point, I'd say Canik is definitely a better value and idea than Taurus and it is close in price.

I have had to send a taurus in for a frozen trigger, and their customer service was horrible. I won't buy another gun from them, at any price.

b6a2334caff7c4a37efa0b0a047f860c.jpg Who else struggles to resist deals like this when they come along? I don’t need another 9mm and I certainly wasn’t in the market for a Taurus, but man this is hard to resist. This is how I ended up with my Taurus TCP, when it was something like $139. Plus you get a year of NRA membership with a Taurus (or at least you used to.) I am looking forward to seeing what other rebates become available this summer. Springfield usually has their free magazine deals this time of year too.

Taurus recently switched their lifetime warranty to a year.... Super easy to pass up on a gun that the manufacturer won't stand behind.

They actually switched it back. It's not quite the old "any owner, any time" warranty, though. Original owner, lifetime on functional stuff, one year on cosmetic issues.

I've tried to be objective and honest about my Taurus Millennium G2 PT111.

I've never had a malfunction with it.

I appreciate your review of it, and I think it could be a solution for some people. I hope my comments didn't come across otherwise. I think that in that price range, that the TP9 is a better all-around value, and is built with much more rigid tolerances. My experiences with Taurus haven't colored them in a good light for me. The G2 PT111 might be a fine gun, I haven't ever handled or shot one.

I think your statement is correct for Taurus and a product from 20 years ago. I'm not so sure on more current product, although must admit Ive had less experience with their later products.

For $164.99, assuming you can get multiple rebates, you can buy one for each hand. Or 1 for the center console and another for the glove box. Either way you can buy 2 and now you have redundancy. :-) AND it comes with 2 12 round mags for each one you buy.

On a serious side, for someone with limited funds who needs something for carry and or the home, that makes it pretty affordable.

Save your money...

Taurus is garbage.

Pretty much. The only Taurus semi auto that seems to be consistently ok is the pt92. Another $100 can get you a shield if you are looking for a carry gun, or as mentioned a Canik for a full sized. Should still be plenty of 40 Cal police trade in glocks and smiths in the $300 range.

For $164.99, assuming you can get multiple rebates, you can buy one for each hand. Or 1 for the center console and another for the glove box. Either way you can buy 2 and now you have redundancy. :-) AND it comes with 2 12 round mags for each one you buy.

On a serious side, for someone with limited funds who needs something for carry and or the home, that makes it pretty affordable.

Good for a "New York Reload" or a drop gun.

:devil:

Archived