B27 targets

C0untZer0

A B27 target to me means a black silhouette with four concentric white lines / ovals - with designations of the rings - 7,8,9 and X in white.

But Googling it shows a bunch of different targets called B27 - some with blaze orange centers (NCJA and RC)

I am also wondering if a hit for IL carry quals means breaking the 7 ring or just hitting the silhouette (just curious)

I mostly practice bullseye shooting but I'm ordering a bunch of B-27s to practice with now...

Count, DO NOT ORDER A BUNCH ! I normally shoot at 5 1/2" bullseye targets at 25 to 50 feet. After you see a B-27 hanging out there at 7 or 10 yards you will want to do some kind of trick shooting just to make it interesting. When I did the shooting qualification for my FL., it was 50 shots at 7 yards. When I was done there was a 3" hole in the target where the X was. If you ever go up to Article 2, I'll bring you some if you want.

Count, DO NOT ORDER A BUNCH ! I normally shoot at 5 1/2" bullseye targets at 25 to 50 feet. After you see a B-27 hanging out there at 7 or 10 yards you will want to do some kind of trick shooting just to make it interesting. When I did the shooting qualification for my FL., it was 50 shots at 7 yards. When I was done there was a 3" hole in the target where the X was. If you ever go up to Article 2, I'll bring you some if you want.

paper plate works good also :)

I'm not going to fail to qualify but I'm going to be unhappy if I don't get bulls with all 30 shots - and the only thing that would mess me up is not being able to see the X or not being used to that kind of target.

What I practice with a lot are 12" x 24" colored paper that I get at Hobby Lobby and I stick 9 or 10 white pasties on each sheet and usually practice at 10 yards.

But anyway, I just want to get used to the B27s

I'm kind of a perfectionists or maybe obsessive... I want to know exactly how many feet my target is out, if I'm just sort of trying to line the target up with a line on one of the walls or a line on the floor - it just bugs the crap out of me and all of the digital target movers at Article II are busted and I think they told me that they ran $700 - 900 a piece so they weren't going to replace them...

Heh 997 in its original form called for B-21s. Those things are MASSIVE. like 24"x45" think about that if you think 27s are big heh. I bought some a couple yrs ago from my FFL, they were folded up in a box holy crap and they're for 50 yard competition. B-27s, just get the B-27Es if you wanna play safe. They're a little smaller than B-27s, 22.5"x35"...or paper plates/index cards, cans of skunky beer, whatever. I had about 18 cans left over from a case of 2 yr old beer that I set up can by can and made em explode heh but I made my own little rig, didn't just set them up on top of the boards.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

The new bill does not specify what is a hit, so that is up to your instructor...

You can get green silhouette B-27 at Walmart, as for practice you won't need much to hit it at the specified distances and percentage unless you are a down right horrible shot...

Are these the ones that are listed online at Walmart's site for $19.99? That is $2.00 a target.

i just ordered from Amazon. If you sign up for their free trial of Amazon Prime for a month, you get free shipping. $45.09 per 100. I bought two packs.

http://www.amazon.co...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I looked at Midway, and they were around $35.00 per 100, but shipping was $15.00. I saved $5.00 at least.

I get mine from Amazon. They will arrive rolled up in a cardboard box that will be very poorly taped at the seems. I have a tape gun loaded with packing tape and just spend a few minutes taping each box bottom again. Annoying, but an easy fix.

Crap B-27FSAs at Walmart are 24"x45". The B-21s I bought were A LOT bigger. Like 3 feet wide by 5' tall.

Look at the actual silhouette size, not the paper size... B27 is the designation for the silhouette shape/profile and size but more importantly the scoring ring size... Also note some are cut off at the 'belly' while others extend into the leg area, this is all outside the 'official' scoring area so it's just extra paper... Unlike the good carry bill the new one does not specify what is a hit on the target and what is not, that will likely be up to whoever is signing off on your certification...

At the end of the day, if you can hit a piece of 8 1/2 x 11 paper at those distances you will be golden regardless of the target...

Are these the ones that are listed online at Walmart's site for $19.99? That is $2.00 a target.

Only $9.97 at my Walmart for 10, as seen in the picture...

Just get some of those cheap rimfire targets if you can hit those then don't worry about B-27s. Or paper plates. A while back before all of this, I was hitting B-27s from 25 yds with 100% accuracy (not center mass but good enough) with my G22 that I hated (and it hated me) so....yeah.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

I have a slew of my own targets made up and they are all way tougher than the b27. I doubt I'll have a problem qualifying.

Believe it or not, one reason is that green is considered politically correct. Some people get upset when you shoot black silhouettes...

seriouly? where is that face palm when I need it so I guess red ones would be totally off the reservation ...

The NRA has gone so far as to make targets that have little resemblance to a human, because they don't want the media to see people being trained to shoot lifelike facsimiles of people...

B-27 is NRA - but theoretically LEO only

they're comming around a but - the Bianchi Tombstone the 5 color NDM target for example

Archived