Oak Park Victim Kills Robber

Eric D.

Oh my gosh: Teenager shot dead in alleged robbery attempt
Alleged ?
Michael Romain is a pud. The robber jumped in a getaway car - its so obvious. "police are investigating how the teen got to Stroger Hospital."
Ya - his homey rolled him out of the passenger side door at the Stroger Hospital gang-banger drop-off.
Doesn't seem like there is much alleged there, the kid was a punk who tired to rob someone.
Oak Park activist Anthony Clark announced plans to hold an "emergency call to action" on Sunday, 3 p.m., at the parking lot (on the corner of Madison and Humphrey in Oak Park) that is next to U.S. Bank.

See what hypocrites these wild-eyed Oak Park liberals are?

Oak Park residents get mugged - no big deal

Oak Park residents are carjacked - no big deal

Underprivileged youth gets shot

OMG ! EMERGENCY CALL TO ACTION ! :frantics:

"Police said an off-duty Chicago police officer detained the 24-year-old man, who was being questioned by Oak Park police investigators. "

CPD at its best , a day late and a dollar short.

Why did he feel the need to detain him? Or did he simply investigate and call it "detaining" to C his A?

I know I don't know the whole story, but my own opinion is that its the power of the liberal media using words to slant the story.

I wouldn't blame the CCL holder for trying to get the heck out of there - I've said in other posts "Oak Park is a Dangerous Place", but especially after being ambushed and shooting it out with a robber - I don't blame him for trying to get the heck away from there. But I think that a CCL holder would call the police to report the crime after they got to safety. The robber fled in a waiting getaway car and his carcass was dumped at Stroeger by his accomplice.

It also may be a police officer trying to bolster himself and get some credit for doing something even though nothing was really necessary. If the CCL was fleeing to a safer place and an off-duty police officer shows up - the CCL is now safe even though the police office might have thought that he was "detaining" the CCL holder.

Hypothetically - if this were any place other than ultra-liberal suburb, Illinois, the police would size it up pretty quickly, call it a self-defense shooting and move on. I am hoping that they don't launch a witch hunt going after this CCL.

"Police said an off-duty Chicago police officer detained the 24-year-old man, who was being questioned by Oak Park police investigators. "

CPD at its best , a day late and a dollar short.

Why did he feel the need to detain him? Or did he simply investigate and call it "detaining" to C his A?

Yeah, I kind of figure he just waited there with the victim until uniformed officers arrived.

According to SCC:

SCC,You aren't going to belive this, or maybe you will. This 16-year-old armed robber was saved by Officers on the west side not even two years ago using a tourniquet to stop him from bleeding out. To think, he had two whole years to "turn his life around" and maybe become an altar boy or something.Oh, and his accomplices took him home and dumped him on his own front lawn to die. Couldn't even abandon him at a hospital. What a great childhood.We're just shaking our damn head.
http://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/2017/05/concealed-carrier-defends-self.htmlSent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Trib says the police are investigating how the carcass got to the hospital, SSC says the accomplice(s) dumped the robber where he lived.

That's a great setup isn't it? You go with your posse to rob someone and if you get shot, instead of giving you emergency first aid treatment and rushing you to the hospital, they drive you all the way back to where you live, dump your unconscious body and take off. Then you bleed out during the time it takes for the paramedics to arrive after the time it takes for someone to notice you lying on the ground bleeding and actually call 911.

Archived