Ar Pistol allowed?

Cubsphan

The law says pistols are regulated by the state.

True, good point. I was thinking of the AWBs allowed to stand when passed within 10 days and semi-auto pistols are defined within the muni code. Charges and state preemption in an AWB area is nothing we've seen in court yet afaik.

Yes the state preempted Handguns, The county of crook does not follow law. The question is who wants to be the test case.

I personally chatted with a Lieutenant of a suburb of Chicago LE that said he would order an arrest on an individual conceal carrying an AR pistol. Very sad because I thought this town was pro 2A

Is it in Cook or one of the collar counties? Shortly after FCCL passed a driver was charged in SW downstate iirc after an AR pistol was found covered out of sight in rear floorboard. Others, including Todd V who was NRA IL liaison at time got involved to get dropped.

Yes the state preempted Handguns, The county of crook does not follow law. The question is who wants to be the test case.

The law seems to support AR Pistols as being legal but you are telling a Cook County Judge to know the difference between an AR Rifle and an Ar Pistol w/a SBA3 Brace. Not going to happen. I have sold a few and have done transfers for buyers from Chicago and many other Cook County Suburbs as a FFL Dealer and it seems like they want me to tell them its legal. I tell them what I said above, an anti-gun CC Judge who wants to ban ARs is all of a sudden going to do his homework and actually try to rule on the right side of the law, don't think so. Look at the Cook County $25 Gun Violence Tax, they violate IL State Preemption by creating a Cook County Gun Registry. I have to submit all firearm info monthly for every firearm I sell and every firearm I sell that is not subject to the $25 CC tax. Also, you are supposed to notify Cook County of every firearm that is sold privately within the county. Is that not a gun registry that has completely violated the FCCL.

I personally chatted with a Lieutenant of a suburb of Chicago LE that said he would order an arrest on an individual conceal carrying an AR pistol. Very sad because I thought this town was pro 2A

Is it in Cook or one of the collar counties? Shortly after FCCL passed a driver was charged in SW downstate iirc after an AR pistol was found covered out of sight in rear floorboard. Others, including Todd V who was NRA IL liaison at time got involved to get dropped.

Yeah its within CRook county

Not surprised one bit. There's little to lose by arresting and letting courts sort it out vs letting someone go on and either encouraging others to do the same or chancing that one unlikely scenario resulting in a tragedy. I'm not saying that any of this is right or that I agree with any of this but to me it's silly to assume that LEOs will do anything but follow their orders.

Not surprised one bit. There's little to lose by arresting and letting courts sort it out vs letting someone go on and either encouraging others to do the same or chancing that one unlikely scenario resulting in a tragedy. I'm not saying that any of this is right or that I agree with any of this but to me it's silly to assume that LEOs will do anything but follow their orders.

Yeah thats exactly what sheep do- don't think for themselves

• 4 weeks later...

Archived