Ted Nugent Speaks in Springfield - Feb 10, 2012

dmefford

Heller, McDonald. Moore and Shepard are in progress. Several "justified shootings" have quietly disappeard in the Chicago courts.

Didnt moore just get dismissed?

See MikeW's response. Appeals all the way to the SCOTUS (Supreme Court Of The United States) are expected and hoped for. That's where we'll get a definitive decision.

Having to get a foid is not getting innocent people killed. Being denied the right to carry is getting people killed.

Priorities

A permit is not RIGHT to carry is license to carry. Not saying I won't get one I have a Florida. Just stating the fact that if you need a permit it's not a right

That is correct... It is no right if a license is required... It is a privilege...

The RKBA has been converted into a privilege and then you are charged a tax for it. The FOID card is a license as well.

License (Blacks Law Dictionary) = permission, revocable, to commit some act that would otherwise be unlawful...

Now the Right to Keep and Bear Arms is a fundamental Right just like the Freedom of Speech, the Freedom to peaceably assemble, etc. These things do not require a license or permission to exercise except in a case where the exercise might infringe on someone else right enjoyment of their rights. For example you might need a license to exercise free speech for a march down the middle of the street from the Prairie Capitol Convention center to the Capitol building. You are infringing others right to travel freely for a short period of time. Hence the permit requirement.

Regards, Drd

[EDIT] I should add that this has never stopped the government and/or "black robes" from infringing or abridging fundamental rights for about any reason it deems compelling....Anything to preserve the power of the state...!

I have certianly been a fan of Ted's since his first 8 track hit the shelves a few years ago,and glad he spoke in Springfield supporting HB148 while criticizing the FOID card.But,i really think he needs to stick to the facts when it comes to carjackings in Texas before the ANTI'S use things like that against him.I mean,vehicle theft,including carjackings in that state HAS came down to approx. 68,000 a year from 168,000 a year in 1999.I like the guy but,just sayin'....

I have certianly been a fan of Ted's since his first 8 track hit the shelves a few years ago,and glad he spoke in Springfield supporting HB148 while criticizing the FOID card.But,i really think he needs to stick to the facts when it comes to carjackings in Texas before the ANTI'S use things like that against him.I mean,vehicle theft,including carjackings in that state HAS came down to approx. 68,000 a year from 168,000 a year in 1999.I like the guy but,just sayin'....

Carjacking is a perfect example of the law of unintended consequences. Car jacking was a relatively rare crime until the 1980's. What changed in the 80's that resulted in an exponential increase in carjackings?

The early 1980's was when vehicle manufactures started putting high security ignition systems as standard equipment. GM's corvette was one of the first to implement the VATS system. In the pursuit of making the vehicle more theft proof the industry created the boom in carjacking. This basically shifted property crimes to include a human cost of death and injury along with the property loss.

But at least the Texas jacks are trending in the right direction. Maybe the new generation track & disable technology will be attributed to correcting the previous technological consequences.

• 4 weeks later...

Having to get a foid is not getting innocent people killed. Being denied the right to carry is getting people killed.

Priorities

A permit is not RIGHT to carry is license to carry. Not saying I won't get one I have a Florida. Just stating the fact that if you need a permit it's not a right

That is correct... It is no right if a license is required... It is a privilege...

The RKBA has been converted into a privilege and then you are charged a tax for it. The FOID card is a license as well.

License (Blacks Law Dictionary) = permission, revocable, to commit some act that would otherwise be unlawful...

Now the Right to Keep and Bear Arms is a fundamental Right just like the Freedom of Speech, the Freedom to peaceably assemble, etc. These things do not require a license or permission to exercise except in a case where the exercise might infringe on someone else right enjoyment of their rights. For example you might need a license to exercise free speech for a march down the middle of the street from the Prairie Capitol Convention center to the Capitol building. You are infringing others right to travel freely for a short period of time. Hence the permit requirement.

Regards, Drd

[EDIT] I should add that this has never stopped the government and/or "black robes" from infringing or abridging fundamental rights for about any reason it deems compelling....Anything to preserve the power of the state...!

+1 Exactly my thoughts. They should not be allowed to turn a right into a privilege. Why isn't the NRA suing them for charging and licensing and having people register like sex offenders to exercise their constitutional right.

Priorities

That is exactly right! CAVEAT: The FOID card, carry or no carry, remains completely unconstitutional... From the Wollard case: The right's existence is all the reason he (WE) needs.

Regards, Drd

If you really want to do something about the FOID, give Sam McCann some money and make some phone calls for him. He's got a bill in the Senate right now to repeal the FOID, and he's in a dogfight of a Republican primary in one of the new Senate districts created this year. To hear him tell it, he's ahead, but every little bit helps and he's doing what you want right *now*. If you're upset about waiting, there's a good opportunity for you.

McCann is as pro-gun as you're going to find; he marched in IGOLD before he was elected.

If you really want to do something about the FOID, give Sam McCann some money and make some phone calls for him. He's got a bill in the Senate right now to repeal the FOID, and he's in a dogfight of a Republican primary in one of the new Senate districts created this year. To hear him tell it, he's ahead, but every little bit helps and he's doing what you want right *now*. If you're upset about waiting, there's a good opportunity for you.

McCann is as pro-gun as you're going to find; he marched in IGOLD before he was elected.

Don, great idea. Donate to Sam whether you are in his district or not. Remember, money is the mother's milk of politics, at least when it comes to getting elected....

Regards, Drd

Archived