Illinois Concealed Carry Wait Time 2021

Mr. Fife

• 1 month later...

Greetings! I'm currently at day 120 with no prints at Cook County. At how many days should I take action (sending my state rep an email) and what should I include in the email?

Thank you!

With 2 full days into 2021 I'd first read the above linked 2020 thread.

I there you will find some official posts about the current wait times and etc.

You can also find ways and directions to contact state Reps/Senators etc. And the base of e-mails within.

Great information on the backlog now being experienced due to the covid, lack of money, lack of personnel etc.

Start you great year off with a bang and get some reading in, as we all know reading is the pillar of personal growth.

Some states are able to function during a pandemic.

My Arizona license came up for renewal

Sent off money order for $43 on 12/15/2020

New permit in hand 01/02/2021

That's about how long it took to renew my Utah permit last fall. Amazing how these states can handle a renewal in a fraction of the time and at a fraction of the cost that it takes here in the People's Republic of Illinois...and if you have a question you can get a real person on the phone in minutes, :headbang1:

Some states are able to function during a pandemic.

My Arizona license came up for renewal

Sent off money order for $43 on 12/15/2020

New permit in hand 01/02/2021

That's about how long it took to renew my Utah permit last fall. Amazing how these states can handle a renewal in a fraction of the time and at a fraction of the cost that it takes here in the People's Republic of Illinois...and if you have a question you can get a real person on the phone in minutes, :headbang1:

The Arizona process was efficient and cheaper than Illinois.

The only odd part was you can’t pay by credit card or personal check. PO money order only.

It was still far better than Illinois.

327 days.

• 4/21/2014 - CCL Issued
  • 3/7/2019 - Renewal Submitted with prints
  • 3/7/2019 - $150 renewal fee accepted by ISP
  • 4/21/2019 - CCL Expired
  • 6/21/2019 - Renewal rejected for attaching incorrect certificate (needed to retake the original CCL class because I waited too long to renew)
  • 2/15 and 2/16/20 - Retook original 16-hour CCL class
  • 2/17/20 - Resubmitted my renewal request with new certificate (and prints) from 16-hour class ($150 payment still on file from 3/7/2019)
  • Under review for 327 days

Because I retook the original 16 hour class, should I have applied as a first-time license? I don't think the state's database would even allow me to do that.

So it's been 105 days since I applied (September 28, 2020). Submitted with prints, no address change, no record issues, no tickets, no violations, or anything I can think of that would gum up the process. I'm in cook county. Should I wait to contact my state rep or should I try calling the ISP first?

I know 120 days seems to be the norm now. If there were any issues I would have been informed by now right?

So it's been 105 days since I applied (September 28, 2020). Submitted with prints, no address change, no record issues, no tickets, no violations, or anything I can think of that would gum up the process. I'm in cook county. Should I wait to contact my state rep or should I try calling the ISP first?

I know 120 days seems to be the norm now. If there were any issues I would have been informed by now right?

120 seems to be the low end of the "norm". I think overly optimistic if expecting to have heard by now, but thats just my opinion

Based upon that times we are in right now my guess would be that no one should be getting stressed until 6 full months after submittal dates.

This would also cover renewals as above it my guess for a brand new application. They have no staff in place. We know they state they have no monies for hiring.

There is also the learning curve which as a state employee should be at least 6 months. No not kidding

So if you are new, you'll have to wait to start making those bids on handguns across the internet.

If you are renewing either card you need to renew as soon as it possibly lets you, which means you'll need to check daily or weekly for the renewal button.

Remember that once the renewal has been submitted that your cards are STILL VALID.

Yes you MAY be able to purchase ammo and you MAY be able to buy a handgun from a local FFL (not online).

This message is for those who are at their wits end and are looking for quick fixes, there are none.

Sit back have a cold one do some reading here at IC and the time will pass. Then BOOM one day your card(s) will show up and all will be happy in the universe.

****Address Change/CCL(new) application combo****

Submitted my address change 5/27/20 and application for my CCL 5/29/20. Was told to do the address change so that the CCL wouldn't be rejected due to address mismatch in the BG report.

Would you believe that both of those are still under review 230 days later? I've called and spoken to the ISPFSB a few times over the past few months and was told the following:

1 - The address changes have been deprioritized to allow for new FOID and CCL applications to be processed.

2 - She pushed my address change application thru to the final stage of review since my info matched with Sec of State records(back in early Nov)

3 - Once my FOID address change is processed, it is back of the line for me to get my CCL application processed.

Fully anticipating waiting well over a year to have it in hand. Still no progress on either. A family member that took the CCL class with me, applied a month after me, has her card in hand for over 2 months now...only difference is no address change.

From the site system alert msg:

(2) CHANGING YOUR ADDRESS? Ensure you've done so FIRST with the Illinois Secretary of State. These addresses must match.

(3) Finally, if you are renewing your application, do not choose "Edit Name/Address." You can update your address during the renewal process

yeah that's all well and good, you and I know this but they aren't going to read it, they don't read the dup threads here, they just make more of them!

Based upon that times we are in right now my guess would be that no one should be getting stressed until 6 full months after submittal dates.

This would also cover renewals as above it my guess for a brand new application. They have no staff in place. We know they state they have no monies for hiring.

There is also the learning curve which as a state employee should be at least 6 months. No not kidding

So if you are new, you'll have to wait to start making those bids on handguns across the internet.

If you are renewing either card you need to renew as soon as it possibly lets you, which means you'll need to check daily or weekly for the renewal button.

Remember that once the renewal has been submitted that your cards are STILL VALID.

Yes you MAY be able to purchase ammo and you MAY be able to buy a handgun from a local FFL (not online).

This message is for those who are at their wits end and are looking for quick fixes, there are none.

Sit back have a cold one do some reading here at IC and the time will pass. Then BOOM one day your card(s) will show up and all will be happy in the universe.

New Applications are getting priority over renewals. So have a little less time. Fingerprint submission still is less time then no fingerprints submitted.

Non-Resident first time apps also seem to take a little less time then instate. I have been able to buy ammo using my Texas LTC. Then again im a non-resident.

After 107 days 12 hrs and 51 minutes my CCL went active. It was a new application and I sent in prints and I am in cook county. No name change no change of address etc etc.

Hopefully this is gives people some hope. Good luck to you all.

Archived