Cross Breed holsters

luckydawg13

I have IWB Cross Breed Hybrids for several different guns. They are well made at a good price and I don't use any of them.

I have discovered that being a hybrid style, when my belt is not firmly in place, the gun tends to fall out.

I sure don't want my loaded pistol to go sliding across a dirty men's room floor and I don't wanna be one of those guys that takes it out of the holster and puts it on the TP dispenser, only to be in a hurry after cleaning up and leaves it there for someone else to find.

A full kydex holster tends to be hard on the pistol finish, so for a few dollars more, I'm very happy with a custom crafted full leather holster from Privateer. I like the Cutthroat model for a High Power. Thinking about getting something similar in an OWB model. OWB seems to be far more comfy for me, and I always have a loose fitting cover garment.

Comfortable enough you forget they are there. Retention is second to none.

My thoughts exactly.

Also,the IWB Crossbreed I have for my main EDC is approaching 5 years .I opted for the horsehide,it looks very well worn and beaten these days,but is very comfortable and does the job extremely well.I wouldn't doubt I'll get another 5 yrs. out of it.

I second everything Redlin said. My crossbreed for my XDs is comfortable enough to forget it's there most of the time. I put "J" belt hooks on it and where it's put, it stays. It doesn't go shifting around on the belt/waist from sitting, getting into and out of the car, ect.

I have crossbreed IWB and they have been great. Only complaint is the metal belt clips if not covered and I just haven got around to replacing them. Retention has never been a problem.

It’s worth a few extra bucks to go with the horsehide.

My PM9 in mini tuk delux is invisible and very comfortable. IWB will never be as comfortable as OWB but everything is a compromise.

Crossbreed was the original that everybody else copied so I choose to support them.

I’m also a big fan of them but, they can feel a little bulky with as much material they use. I’m not a big waist and I feel it covers about a quarter of my entire waistline. What gun are you looking to use? Might have a holster for you. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I looking for a holster for a G48 I'm still on the fence on what holster to get for it

I have an IWB Crossbreed and don't like it. There is way too much leather material and it's uncomfortable to wear. It also has poor retention, as others have mentioned.

I ended up getting a full Kydex OWB holster which has been comfortable and positively secures the gun. I can see how a full Kydex holster could be hard on some gun's finishes, but I just checked my S&W Shield which I've used with that holster for 5 years and the finish looks OK. However, the Melonite finish on that gun isn't all that well done to begin with.

Just my opinion : Never found a IWB that worked for me.You need a bigger waist size & just could never get comfortable. My daily carry is a Ruger SR9c with 17 round double stack.Relentless Tacticals Glock XD OWB with 15 degree cant hugs my waist & as long as I wear a shirt without being tucked in Im good.On occasion I will go with the 10 round magazine.It makes things even less visable.A special belt is a must.never hangs off my side Plus a double mag holder for my left side with two 17 round double stack mags.gives me 44 & one in the tube.

Currently I have the Reckoning on. I also have the Supertuck and Minituck. I like them all. I did go with the horsehide. It took about week to two weeks for it to form to my body and now it goes right to the same spot and I don't even notice it.

I have a bunch of crossbreed Stuff... i prefer OWB but do have some IWB. I have to say that their customer service is top notch. I have a buddy that I ordered a holster for back in 2014, he carries daily and works 16-18 hour days 6 days a week so he puts his holsters through the tough test.... Crossbreed has replaced his holster 3 times now (only at the cost of him shipping it back. I figured on the first one they'd just slap some new kydex on the old leather.... nope, they send a brand spankin' new holster each and every time.

Cant beat that for a warranty program!!! They will continue to get my business.

Archived