You want 2nd A Rights in Illinois?

TomKoz

The biggest problem is we've made the 2nd ammendment only a Republican issue. Which in turn gives Republicans cover to be antigun because useful idiots will vote for them. Democrat or Republican, no guns no votes. Simple as that.

Most here are so dug in they would vote an antigun Republican over a pro gun Democrat and that's a major issue for getting the left to cross the aisle on guns.

The biggest problem is we've made the 2nd ammendment only a Republican issue. Which in turn gives Republicans cover to be antigun because useful idiots will vote for them. Democrat or Republican, no guns no votes. Simple as that.

Most here are so dug in they would vote an antigun Republican over a pro gun Democrat and that's a major issue for getting the left to cross the aisle on guns.

The problem is that the Democrat platform is itself anti-gun... and has been for a number of years. That makes it difficult to trust any democrat who claims to be pro-gun. When it comes right down to it, are they going to vote with their party as they will be heavily pressured to, or will they vote their belief?

Only thing that is will fix this state is getting rid of the democratically elected government where Cook County holds a large portion of the seats.

If Illinois were setup like a republic, then we would not have all this nonsense.

Even if Madigan is gone, you will still have all the Cook County elected fools making the same corrupt decisions.

The Democratic party has made the IMO unwise decision to push further left and become even more progressive. Pritzker is running openly on that and the north suburban cook/lake area is embracing that as well as Chicago, of course.

We should be set for a trump like flip in the state as the Democratic party becomes too progressive on too many issues for the downstaters.

But, for that to happen the IL GOP would have to start becoming at least a bit more conservative, or at least set a baseline as an alternative choice. Up where I live they have always ran against conservatives more than against progressives. "Candidate X is not some stinking tea party deplorable... seems" to be the core message. Run for conservatism, even a kinder gentler blue state type, and I bet you pick up more votes. The contrast will be very clear in that case.

But, would this give us a 2nd Advantage. We already get most of the votes of the blue dog democrats. We are already losing votes from RINOS. If we get more Republicans will the party set a pro 2nd Platform and get it's members in line? That's really it. Does the IL GOP support a strong 2nd Amendment, and if so enough to crack the whip on its members? Frankly I think the collar county RINOs can have much more of a backbone on many issues (but not all, the suburban moms have a strong pro choice drive) including the 2nd before they would actually go too far for this area.

"My Union pays me to vote, not think!"

Does the union pay you? Are not you paying it in the form of dues?

Making fun of all the union people I personally know who like guns but vote for dems because their union tells them so.

edit

...and I'm sure that practice is not limited to only the union members I personally know. J.B will win in November with the help of the union geniuses I know.

My union, local 701, offers CCW classes and pushes hard to elect Democrats. p***** me off for decades while I was working. Plastered my tool box with conservative bumper stickers at election time. F um!

Good for you! I HATE unions with a passion. Would be fine if they just stuck up for employees of big trades and such, but nope! They gotta get all political and s***

My union, local 701, offers CCW classes and pushes hard to elect Democrats. p***** me off for decades while I was working. Plastered my tool box with conservative bumper stickers at election time. F um!

Good for you! I HATE unions with a passion. Would be fine if they just stuck up for employees of big trades and such, but nope! They gotta get all political and s***

I’m a union plumber and I despise their political views. I don’t contribute to the PAC and I don’t ever remember voting democrat. I think that construction union members and municipal unions get wrongfully lumped into the same basket. Union members who work for their living (carpenters, plumbers, electricians, etc) are not the same as city/county employees or teachers. Believe it or not, we have a no strike clause in our collective bargaining agreement because a strike would be detrimental to the industry.

Archived