.45 Compact For Carry

GWBH

I have an XDs in .45. It is the original version and I had a spring kit put in it which improved it greatly. They have the 2.0 version out now that looks good. I haven't had one in my hands so not sure if the trigger was improved

The Shield has a far better trigger than the original XDs but the top of the grip felt pointy in the web of my hand so I chose the XDs.

I’ve got a Kimber CDP that carries well, shoots well and is accurate but expensive.

It is just small enough to carry comfortably but manageable with SD loads.

The only criticism I have is the checkering is almost too good. The diamonds are nice and sharp but so sharp they tend to catch on your cover shirt.

For .45 carry, IMO NOTHING beats a commander size 1911. That being said, someone is selling a like new Ruger American Compact .45 ;)

Yeah - I have a Ruger SR1911 model 6702... I saw your CZ SP-01 but I live 8 miles from the KY state line and not ready to pull the trigger (so to speak) just yet...

Also looking at some S&W's and even that Taurus Officer!!

I have and like the XDS, but as stated by lee n. field, it can be a handfull, I did add Talon grips to it and that helped a lot. I just bought a Colt Combat Commander (9mm) that I may start carrying also.

My .45 XDS was "like hitting a pole with a baseball bat", according to a female companion. Which for me sounds like fun, but regardless, I sold it when Springfield decided to lobby against our rights.

I occasionally carry a H&K .45c, but it's a little pricier to carry than I'm completely comfortable with. It's a fantastic shooter though.

I've been looking at a Shield for a while and had a G30 briefly that I liked. I'd love to get a Para Warthog, but their not being a company anymore makes mags a potential issue.

I've also considered a Kahr in .45 acp as well, since I like their 9mms.

Bought the Shield and liked it a lot. Added an Apex trigger and TruGlo TFX sights and am quite a bit more happy with it.

The grip is very aggressive; I think I could dip my hand in motor oil and still be able to shoot this gun but the grip rubbed me raw when I once briefly carried it without a t-shirt between it and my skin.

Bought the Shield and liked it a lot. Added an Apex trigger and TruGlo TFX sights and am quite a bit more happy with it.

The grip is very aggressive; I think I could dip my hand in motor oil and still be able to shoot this gun but the grip rubbed me raw when I once briefly carried it without a t-shirt between it and my skin.

That is my only complaint.

I sanded it with some high grit sandpaper which helped, but in the end I put Talon Grips on it.

Xds fan here. Own the 9mm and have tested the .45. It's a higher quality gun than the shield imo and I like the grip safety for a ccw striker fired design. Springfield is currently running a nice promotion deal for them as well.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I have a Glock 30SF Gen 3, with a .460 Rowland conversion barrel, which really adds little to its size (less than an inch length and .25" height for the weighted sight). You can fire .45, .45 Super, and .460 Rowland out of it with that conversion. Otherwise, it's exactly the same size as the G29SF that I use for my EDC, which is really barely bigger than a G26 in terms of bulk and size. Get a 10-round magazine with a finger extension for the 30SF, and you have 11 rounds capacity.

Archived