All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Yesterday
  2. One thing they could do is when the lower courts fail to abide by their ruling, over turn it immediately and tell them to actually read the ruling. Stop dragging their feet on whether or not they will even hear it. The crap going on in Illinois should have been tossed already and the USSC should have already ruled it was unconstitutional. Plus, you going to tell me that every other court in this country can hold someone in contempt except the Supreme Court???? Rule them on contempt and send the US Marshals to enforce it.
  3. On April 17, plaintiffs answered the court's order regarding jurisdiction. On April 18, the court ordered defendants to respond by April 26.
  4. In this particular instance, the Supreme Court does have some enforcement power, even if it's indirect. If the Court were to find this law unconstitutional, any police agencies or officers that tried to enforce it or a similar replacement law could find themselves in deep doo doo -- no qualified immunity, for starters, and also potential federal charges for violating civil rights under color of law. There's a seven year statue of limitations on that charge in cases not involving death, so the fact that there is currently an anti-gun Attorney General would be little comfort to would be violators.
  5. King, thanks, a big help, it is a little tricky, have to get the corner, but does save about 758 taps Love this community
  6. https://www.cliffsnotes.com/study-guides/american-government/the-judiciary/the-supreme-court-in-operation#:~:text=The Supreme Court has no,to carry out its rulings. VooDoo
  7. The Senate cancelled 4/19/2024 session. They're now scheduled to return 4/30/2024.
  8. It appears the Senate has adjourned until tomorrow.
  9. The way they are going SCOTUS will just be a ceremonial position like the British monarchy. Here I thought we had 4 branches of govt if you count agencies. Turns out we really only have 2 branches. The executive branch and the bureaucracy branch. Congress is the most worthless they have ever been and SCOTUS is the most nutless that they have ever been. Then again if you go back far enough SCOTUS let slavery, segregation, and even forced eugenics sterilizations stand so maybe infringing rights is just their jam.
  10. The House is coming to order. 115 members are present.
  11. Wednesday 4/17/2024, a number of filings were made by both sides: 92 - REPLY by Plaintiffs Benjamin Schoenthal, Joseph Vesel, Douglas Winston, Mark Wroblewski to response in opposition to motion 86, memorandum in opposition to motion 84, motion for summary judgment 69 (Attachments: # 1 Exhibit A - 1 LAWS OF NEW YORK (Websters & Skinner 2d ed. 1807) (corrected), # 2 Exhibit B - JOURNAL OF THE HOUSE OF DELEGATES OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF VIRGINIA (Richmond, Thomas W. White 1828) (corrected), # 3 Exhibit C - Plaintiffs' F.R. Civ. P. 26 Initial Disclosures)(Sigale, David) (Entered: 04/17/2024) Main Document, Exhibit A - 1 LAWS OF NEW YORK (Websters & Skinner 2d ed. 1807) (corrected), Exhibit B - JOURNAL OF THE HOUSE OF DELEGATES OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF VIRGINIA, Exhibit C - Plaintiffs' F.R. Civ. P. 26 Initial Disclosures 93 - RULE 56 F.R. Civ. P. 56(c)(1)(A),(B); L.R. 56.1(c)(2) Statement by Benjamin Schoenthal, Joseph Vesel, Douglas Winston, Mark Wroblewski regarding motion for summary judgment 63 (Response To State Defendants' SJ Statement of Additional Material Facts) (Dkt. #83)) (Sigale, David) (Entered: 04/17/2024) Main Document 94 - REPLY by Rick Amato, Robert Berlin, Kwame Raoul, Eric Rinehart to MOTION by Defendants Rick Amato, Robert Berlin, Eric Rinehart, Kwame Raoul for summary judgment 63, response in opposition to motion,, 87 (Freilich Jones, Isaac) (Entered: 04/17/2024) Main Document 95 - REPLY by Defendant Kimberly M. Foxx to motion for summary judgment 67 in Support of Motion (Scheller, Jessica) (Entered: 04/17/2024) Main Document
  12. Looking forward to seeing the photos for us stuck at work.
  13. I hope there is a good showing for this VERY important effort!!
  14. What is hurting them (in my opinion) is that they refuse to enforce the rulings they make. The lower courts just thumb their noses at them. The legislatures (state and federal) thumb their noses at them. Even biteme is doing it with the loan forgiveness. They need to grow a back bone and start backing their decisions with something besides a piece of worthless paper and makes them nothing but a joke
  15. Part of me thinks they just don't care. After 90+ years of unconstitutional infringements as long as they still get paid 200K+ and still live in their gated communities away from the problems of the peasant class (who can't be trusted with these weapons of war because we know better after all) then they are in absolutely no hurry.
  16. I agree. I have IL and FL cards. If nothing else, it shows you made the effort to be within the laws.
  17. Yah -- I can't wait to try to explain to a non-Illinois cop (or even any officer) why my current CCL has expired but the FOID CCW symbol makes it all okay. ps: always carry your UT, FL et al backup -- which, of course, IL doesn't honor.
  18. When the calendar comes up, go to the upper left corner and click on the year 2024. This will populate a screen that allows to roll back to your year of birth. Then scroll to your month and click on the day you want.
  19. on the E card... anyone have a problem putting in your birthdate to sign in on an android? it brings up a calendar with todays date and the only way that I can get to my birthdate is to tap back 12X63 times. Cannot type in a date - 763 taps to get back to my birthdate is silly
  20. Even though I post the ILGA threads the night before, I always speak as if it's already the day in question - 4/18/2024 in this case. So when I say "Yesterday in the House...", those amendments were actually adopted today, 4/17/2024, but that will be yesterday from the Illinois General Assembly 4/18/2024 point of view. So IGOLD is today, from what will be tomorrow's perspective.
  21. Uh, this was posted on the 17th. IGOLD is the 18th - tomorrow, Thursday.
  1. Load more activity