Photo

Responding to CCL Review Board Request for Statement

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#31 ShaanDon

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 09:26 PM

I put my Response Request in the mail on the 10th of this of this month with all documentation proving the 5 false allegations are very false and all my other good stuff. So now the clock begins... Wish me luck

Edited by ShaanDon, 15 January 2018 - 09:29 PM.

#32 capotwosix

• Supporting Members Team
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 10:02 PM

Ok,i should have called that number because i really did not want to take that day off work but it all worked out at the end. I really did need more time when CPD told me i had to wait about a week for a police report after i filed a freedom of information request. I still have not receive any information on those reports from the CPD either.

How do you file a FOIA for all your arrest and police reports?

"We will no longer surrender this country or its people to the false song of globalism" - President Donald J. Trump

#33 mkhalil61

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 10:08 PM

I put my Response Request in the mail on the 10th of this of this month with all documentation proving the 5 false allegations are very false and all my other good stuff. So now the clock begins... Wish me luck

Good luck! Let us know what happens. 

#34 Chicagocivilian

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 04:29 AM

Go to CPD Headquarters on 35th and michigan to the access and review department(as soon as you walk in the building to your left) and request for a rap sheet. A rap sheet can take up to 5 days. You can file a FOIA there but you will need the case number. The FOIA is only for reports and the rap sheet is only for arrest. I will note to this day i still have not receive those reports but i did make a copy of the FOIA request with a CPD stamp and i sent that to the review board to show that i am trying to get to the bottom of this issue. One lady told me straight up that i will not receive those reports. I think that the correct reports have to be subpoenaed by a attorney.If you dont get the actual report,send the FOIA request to the review board with the case numbers and the CPD stamp and let the review board know that the CPD is not releasing this information or you have not received the information you have requested.

Ok,i should have called that number because i really did not want to take that day off work but it all worked out at the end. I really did need more time when CPD told me i had to wait about a week for a police report after i filed a freedom of information request. I still have not receive any information on those reports from the CPD either.

How do you file a FOIA for all your arrest and police reports?

#35 mkhalil61

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 08:35 AM

Well is this only for Chicago arrests? Do you know if they also hold police reports for Suburban arrest? 

#36 Chicagocivilian

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:22 AM

CPD Headquarters is only for Police Reports made in Chicago and i think you have to get a Illinois State Police rap sheet for suburbs.Im not really sure how the suburbs work so i do not want to give you any false information.

#37 skinnyb82

• Members
  • 6,404 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 10:08 AM

I was told about Knox using one DB arrest (no conviction, charges dismissed with prejudice, SA cannot refile) to get a guy denied. He was stupid for not expunging the arrest prior to applying but...denied for a DB arrest? Not 10, one. This whole process is the definition of unconstitutional. I don't see DB arrest as a disqualifier so how they can deny for that is...well, they can't but they do anyway. Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
NRA Member
SAF Member
C&R License Holder

#38 capotwosix

• Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 10:34 AM

CPD Headquarters is only for Police Reports made in Chicago and i think you have to get a Illinois State Police rap sheet for suburbs.Im not really sure how the suburbs work so i do not want to give you any false information.

Do you know if it’s possible to get CPD records at the Daley center?

"We will no longer surrender this country or its people to the false song of globalism" - President Donald J. Trump

#39 Chicagocivilian

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 01:14 PM

You can get a Court Deposition of a criminal case but you can not get a Police Report made by the CPD or a CPD rap sheet from the Daley Center.Daley Center is for more cook county related issues.

#40 Muffin94

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:26 AM

I was requested to respond to the RB on December 23, 2017 I  followed all the steps Molly listed in her post . I Check my status on 01/17/2018 it went from Under board review to Under review. Inspect element says approved now i'm just waiting been waiting since 5/2016 I guess I can wait a little more longer. These LEO objections are a major hold up. My advice is just be patient. Been waiting 20 months. 

#41 mkhalil61

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:25 AM

I was requested to respond to the RB on December 23, 2017 I  followed all the steps Molly listed in her post . I Check my status on 01/17/2018 it went from Under board review to Under review. Inspect element says approved now i'm just waiting been waiting since 5/2016 I guess I can wait a little more longer. These LEO objections are a major hold up. My advice is just be patient. Been waiting 20 months. 

Great news! Congrats and carry safe!

#42 Chicagocivilian

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:29 AM

Congratulations muffin,i think the review board is starting to see right through the frivolous objections.

#43 kwc

• 3,294 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:34 AM

I Check my status on 01/17/2018 it went from Under board review to Under review. 

That’s great news! I’m sorry you had to wait so long.
"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." - Galations 6:9 (NIV)

"If you can't explain it to a six-year old, you don't understand it yourself." - Albert Einstein (paraphrased)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users