Houston Home Defender Kills 3 of 5 Attackers

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 quackersmacker

• Members
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 01:01 PM

https://www.thetruth...rssitem_title]]

We'll be hearing a lot about this one.  Should be interesting to get the real story.

ETA

More on this story.  He used an AK-47

https://defensemaven...qr5AUUThTWeKPu8

Edited by quackersmacker, 21 January 2019 - 03:26 PM.

Life Member --- NRA Endowment Level
Life Member --- Second Amendment Foundation
Life Member --- Tennessee Gun Owners
Member        --- Single Action Shooting Society    [Lt John Dunbar]
Member        --- Oak Ridge Sportsmen's Association

Fellow Members:  Please consider making at least an annual $25 contribution to this fine organization, which has proven its worth -----and you will then become a member of the Supporting Members Team.   In this case, it's definitely about putting your money where your mouth is!   And, getting results.  Who knows what the future holds.....these may just be some of the best dollars you'll ever spend.

#2 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• Supporting Members Team
  • 4,594 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 01:14 PM

If only there was a gun ban, those three might be alive today.
Have all boated who fish?

#3 Jeffrey

• Members
  • 5,227 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 02:37 PM

Who needs 10 round magazines?

...and justice for all

YOUR WALLET, the only place Democrats care to drill

#4 G214me

• 1,800 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 03:13 PM

Will the media be putting up the cap and gown photos of the bad guys and calling their deaths "more gun violence" ?

#5 3ddiver

• Members
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 03:21 PM

Will the media be putting up the cap and gown photos of the bad guys and calling their deaths "more gun violence" ?

Yes

#6 C0untZer0

Contributing Member in Arrears

• Members
  • 13,241 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 04:11 PM

Robust crime scene

“Most gun control arguments miss the point. If all control boils fundamentally to force, how can one resist aggression without equal force? How can a truly “free” state exist if the individual citizen is enslaved to the forceful will of individual or organized aggressors?

It cannot.” 

― Tiffany Madison― 

#7 Jeffrey

• Members
  • 5,227 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 04:12 PM

This will get categorized as a mass shooting.

...and justice for all

YOUR WALLET, the only place Democrats care to drill

#8 357

• 1,384 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 11:50 PM

And victims of gun violence. More proof that AK-47 rifles are used every day for self defense.
If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.
James Madison

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
Edmund Burke

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act"
George Orwell

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will loose both"
Benjamin Franklin

#9 mikew

• Members
  • 4,493 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 06:56 AM

This occurred in a gritty part of town.   In fact many parts of Houston qualify as the gritty part of town.

As Texas in general tends to be well armed, would it be surprising to know that they have violent crime in Houston?
Including home invasions in the tony western suburbs where Harris County meets Fort Bend County...

#10 2smartby1/2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 09:25 AM

They knew each other "in passing".   Hopefully it is all on the up and up.  Regardless...good for the homeowner. 

Home invasions tend to happen in lower income areas, and the victim usually knows the perps. 

#11 BigJim

• Members
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 09:48 AM

The story says the home owner is only 20 years old.  I guess our overlords are right about no one under 21 should own a gun.

Big Jim
-----------------------------------------
I will not be commanded,
I will not be controlled
And I will not let my future go on,
without the help of my soul

The Lost Boy - Greg Holden

#12 Odinson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 10:07 AM

Yes

I doubt it, Texas.

#13 JTHunter

• Members
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 10:18 PM

Aren't "mass shootings" supposed to be 4 or more??

“We, the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.” - - Abraham Lincoln

“Small minds adhere to the letter of the law; great minds dispense Justice.” - - S. C. Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes

Life member NAHC, Endowment member NRA

#14 Glock23

I am no one.

• 4,232 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 10:36 PM

5 is more than 4, last time I checked. ;)
** Illinois Carry - Supporting Member
** National Association for Gun Rights - Frontline Defender
** Gun Owners of America - Annual Member
** Illinois State Rifle Association - 3 year American Hero Member
** Second Amendment Foundation - Life Member
** National Rifle Association - Patron Life Member

#15 quackersmacker

• Members
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 10:44 PM

5 is more than 4, last time I checked. ;)

Yeah, and I guess it will also get categorized as murder with an assault rifle, and possession of same, and murder, by someone under 21.  Bring on the stat guys.

Life Member --- NRA Endowment Level
Life Member --- Second Amendment Foundation
Life Member --- Tennessee Gun Owners
Member        --- Single Action Shooting Society    [Lt John Dunbar]
Member        --- Oak Ridge Sportsmen's Association

Fellow Members:  Please consider making at least an annual $25 contribution to this fine organization, which has proven its worth -----and you will then become a member of the Supporting Members Team.   In this case, it's definitely about putting your money where your mouth is!   And, getting results.  Who knows what the future holds.....these may just be some of the best dollars you'll ever spend.

#16 ChicagoRonin70

The Landlord of the Flies!

• 3,604 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 01:08 AM

So, is this the anti-firearm advocate's worst nightmare scenario? An under-21-year-old good guy with an assault weapon and large capacity magazine defends himself against multiple attackers, disproving unequivocally that all of the evil bogeymen aspects that they decry have been necessary in saving a life, and if it saves JUST ONE LIFE then it must be a good thing.

"A well educated Media, being necessary for the preservation of a free State, the right of the people to keep and read books, shall not be infringed."

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary for the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

“One can never underestimate the idiocy of those determined to be offended by things that don't affect their real lives in the slightest.” —Me

“Hatred is the sharpest sword; the desire for peace is armor made of willow leaves in the face of an enemy who despises you, as neither alone will stop a strike that is aimed at your neck.” —Samurai proverb

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.” —Robert Heinlein

“I reserve the right to take any action necessary to maintain the equilibrium in which I've chosen to exist.” —Me

"It ain't braggin' if you done it." —Will Rogers

Gb1XExdm.jpg

#17 soylentgreen

• Members
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 12:16 PM

Are the three dead guys going to be okay, Uncle Lar?

#18 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• 4,594 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 12:32 PM

They'll be about average little Tommy.

#19 seanc

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 05:00 PM

20 year old guy

keeps his AK handy

"passing acquaintances" know him to have cash and jewelry

That all sounds legit...

Either way, 3 less goblins roaming the earth and 2 that should be on their way to jail.  Hopefully, that neighborhood will be safer for the effort.  By the number of casing flags on the ground, I'm surprised the house is still standing.

"Senator if we figure out a way to make criminals obey the law, then you'll be my first call"

#20 45 whit

• 1,532 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 05:14 PM

Only 3 out of 5 with an AK??!!   Time to hit the range.

#21 357

• 1,384 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 06:19 PM

So, is this the anti-firearm advocate's worst nightmare scenario? An under-21-year-old good guy with an assault weapon and large capacity magazine defends himself against multiple attackers, disproving unequivocally that all of the evil bogeymen aspects that they decry have been necessary in saving a life, and if it saves JUST ONE LIFE then it must be a good thing.

They don't care if we can't defend ourselves because of the laws they passed. I counted more than 50 shell casings in the picture in just that one spot. We know that during gun fights and adrenaline, people miss, especially when perps are shooting back and there's multiple attackers. That's why magazine capacity over 10 is necessary and the more capacity the better.

Against multiple armed attackers he had and a 75 round drum was necessary, a standard capacity of 30 rounds wasn't enough. He would be dead if he had a low capacity 10 round magazine mandated by king Bloomberg. Police officers in New York fired 84 shots and only hit their attacker once.

https://m.huffpost.c...4b093be51bbb978
If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.
James Madison

Edmund Burke

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act"
George Orwell

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will loose both"
Benjamin Franklin

#22 defaultdotxbe

• Members
  • 5,258 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 06:35 PM

Depends who you ask. I've seen it at low as 2 and as high as 5. Sometimes that is number shot, sometimes its number killed. Sometimes it includes the perpetrator(s) sometimes it doesn't. It all depends on what someone wants the narrative to be at that moment

"The cheek of every American must tingle with shame as he reads the silly,
flat, and dishwatery utterances of the man who has to be pointed out to
intelligent foreigners as the President of the United States."
-Chicago Times review of Lincoln's Gettysburg Address.

#23 mikew

• Members
  • 4,493 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 07:39 PM

Are the three dead guys going to be okay, Uncle Lar?

Thread Winner, along with Mr Fife's followup.

#24 JTHunter

• Members
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 10:20 PM

Glock23 - only three died, that's why I asked that.  It's what I have heard in the past that many pundits say "4 +".

“We, the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.” - - Abraham Lincoln

“Small minds adhere to the letter of the law; great minds dispense Justice.” - - S. C. Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes

Life member NAHC, Endowment member NRA

#25 Glock23

I am no one.

• 4,232 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 11:47 PM

Glock23 - only three died, that's why I asked that.  It's what I have heard in the past that many pundits say "4 +".

The definition is usually the # of people shot, not killed.
** Illinois Carry - Supporting Member
** National Association for Gun Rights - Frontline Defender
** Gun Owners of America - Annual Member
** Illinois State Rifle Association - 3 year American Hero Member
** Second Amendment Foundation - Life Member
** National Rifle Association - Patron Life Member

#26 357

• 1,384 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 01:27 AM

The definition is usually the # of people shot, not killed.

That's the definition of anti gun groups which includes the wounded to pad the numbers and is different from the definition of the FBI.

James Madison

Edmund Burke

George Orwell

Benjamin Franklin

#27 BigJim

• Members
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 11:02 AM

They don't care if we can't defend ourselves because of the laws they passed. I counted more than 50 shell casings in the picture in just that one spot. We know that during gun fights and adrenaline, people miss, especially when perps are shooting back and there's multiple attackers. That's why magazine capacity over 10 is necessary and the more capacity the better.

Against multiple armed attackers he had and a 75 round drum was necessary, a standard capacity of 30 rounds wasn't enough. He would be dead if he had a low capacity 10 round magazine mandated by king Bloomberg. Police officers in New York fired 84 shots and only hit their attacker once.

https://m.huffpost.c...4b093be51bbb978

The antis have stated it's better that innocents die rather than they use firearms to defend themselves.  The antis even refer to bad guys killed by good guys defending themselves as gun violence and even murder.

Big Jim
-----------------------------------------
I will not be commanded,
I will not be controlled
And I will not let my future go on,
without the help of my soul

The Lost Boy - Greg Holden

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users