More than 13,000 concealed carry applications get early OK

WillT

Especially after talking to DHS twice, having a check run on me using my SSN, and being told that there is no record of ANY drug or alcohol treatment in their database.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

So what was this for?

(3) a waiver of the applicant's privacy and confidentiality rights and privileges under all federal and state laws

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs/ilcs3.asp?ActID=3497&ChapterID=39

The system is on auto-pilot. It has a set of yes/no answers its expecting and if you give them one wrong answer you get your denial. Get denied and it's on you to force them to look into it. So the waiver is for when you force them.

Yes for this reason I think ISP would let you resubmit if your second answer is actually the correct one, they probably didn't even look at your files.

That's great!

Glad my last and only dealing/ticket with the law dates back to a speeding ticket in 1988 for 6 over the limit.It was my fault.I was in a hurry that day! LOL Also glad i don't read into these crazy written laws TOOOOO deep.Seems it has always worked out for me anyway.Hope Molly gets the word (ever)eliminated,i'm sure it will be a help to some.

The system is on auto-pilot. It has a set of yes/no answers its expecting and if you give them one wrong answer you get your denial. Get denied and it's on you to force them to look into it. So the waiver is for when you force them.

Yes for this reason I think ISP would let you resubmit if your second answer is actually the correct one, they probably didn't even look at your files.

Nada, I cannot resubmit because I deliberately answered yes to the question. So now I've gotta wait the statutory 90 days to receive official denial paperwork, then I can file a letter telling them that I would've answered differently had I known they meant 5 years. This is just a mess. My Rep is on top of it. I hope the ISP does something about it instead of saying "Oh sorry about that misleading question....you need to wait until March to change your answer, that's the law!" They won't be able to pull that as applicants start dropping like flies because of this question (which they can't even remove or amend), more and more legislators will get involved.

Nada, I cannot resubmit because I deliberately answered yes to the question. So now I've gotta wait the statutory 90 days to receive official denial paperwork, then I can file a letter telling them that I would've answered differently had I known they meant 5 years. This is just a mess. My Rep is on top of it. I hope the ISP does something about it instead of saying "Oh sorry about that misleading question....you need to wait until March to change your answer, that's the law!" They won't be able to pull that as applicants start dropping like flies because of this question (which they can't even remove or amend), more and more legislators will get involved.

I hope they aren't planning on sticking you with another $150 fee...

Or telling you you have to wait 2 years to reapply.

That's great!

Glad my last and only dealing/ticket with the law dates back to a speeding ticket in 1988 for 6 over the limit.It was my fault.I was in a hurry that day! LOL Also glad i don't read into these crazy written laws TOOOOO deep.Seems it has always worked out for me anyway.Hope Molly gets the word (ever)eliminated,i'm sure it will be a help to some.

6 mph over? I've never gone that slow. What's it like?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

Man I hate that this is the case for you my man.

Hope your Rep can get it fixed for ya' in some timely fashion.

That's great!

6 mph over? I've never gone that slow. What's it like?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

I was practically sliding to gettr Whoaaaa'd! lol

now i'm not gonna brag how lucky i have been for many years. :fear:

Archived