Early Spring Rifle Tune Up

morgantron

Hello all. I am trying to get between 10 and 15 rifle owners together for a training day in April. It would be a one day course led by Frank Sharpe of Fortress Defense Consultants. My hope is to have it at Aurora Sportsmen's Club in Waterman, IL. This would be the equivalent of a Level 1 Rifle course condensed into one day. My goal is to get out and get tuned up for the training season and have a chance for some of you to meet one of the best instructors in the Midwest. Did you get an AR for Christmas? Come on out and learn how to use it. Its one thing to stand out on the range and a whole other world to participate in some awesome instructor led training. Lets make this happen. Please contact me via private message or leave a comment if you are interested. Once I get a few interested people we will put out some dates to have the class. Cost will be $225 a person.

Thanks

Nick

• 2 weeks later...

I'd be interested. Can I bring an AK?

What all is covered in the class? How many rounds? What do we get to do?

I don;t see any problem with using an AK. Round count will likely be 500 to 800. What we will cover will be released soon. Class will start with basic fundamentals and safety, and depending on everyone's skill level we will move forward. You will get to move and work on real life scenarios for practical rifle application. We learn how to fight with our guns.

Hello all. I have finally nailed down a date. We are planning on Sunday April 10th at Aurora Sportsmen's Club in Waterman, IL. I will be posting a payment link in the next couple days with a course outline. I am super excited to be able to organize this class. Its going to be a great time and an awesome learning experience. Those of you who have not met Frank Sharpe, you are in for a great experience. Round count will likely be between 500 and 800 rounds. I know you will need a sling, at least two spare magazines, a non magnified sighting system, eye and ear protection, and a positive attitude. Who will not regret attending this class!! More information coming soon!!

I may be interested, been looking to take a rifle class. Are there certificates given upon completion and is it for 8 or 16 hours? Just curious since you said it was a condensed course and there web site says this is usually a 2 day course. The reason I want to know is I plan on taking courses beyond this one and I want to know what I will qualify for either taking classes at Fortress or at other schools. This would qualify me for their level 2 rifle class I would assume? Thanks!

I may be interested, been looking to take a rifle class. Are there certificates given upon completion and is it for 8 or 16 hours? Just curious since you said it was a condensed course and there web site says this is usually a 2 day course. The reason I want to know is I plan on taking courses beyond this one and I want to know what I will qualify for either taking classes at Fortress or at other schools. This would qualify me for their level 2 rifle class I would assume? Thanks!

I am so glad you will be joining us. Certainly this will qualify you to take more courses with Fortress Defense. I will verify with Frank if he will be presenting certificates. Usually he does. Thanks for the interest and we look forward to having you.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

You will receive a certificate for 8 hours of training. There is no guarantee that other instructors will recognize it. Frank is a respected instructor, so my guess is other respected instructors will recognize your time spent.

I want to applaud you for choosing to take this course. You will certainly end the day understanding your rifle and building your skill set. I can promise you will want to.train more. Hence the reason I.scheduled this for early spring. That way you can sign up for a bunch of great courses.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Archived