I'm trying to find some information regarding shotgun restrictions in Chicago, I've been eyeballing this pump 12GA that uses detachable magazines (5 & 10rd). I'm trying to navigate the laws and I can't find a clear answer. The only information I found was this:
Prohibited: a semiautomatic shotgun that has one or more of the following:
- Only a pistol grip without a stock attached;
- Any feature capable of functioning as a protruding grip that can be held by the non-trigger hand; A folding, telescoping, or thumbhole stock;
- A fixed magazine capacity in excess of five rounds; or
- An ability to accept a detachable magazine.
- Any shotgun with a revolving cylinder is prohibited.
- Any shotgun with a fixed magazine capacity in excess of 5 rounds is prohibited.
Would it be wise to assume a 12GA Pump w/detachable 10rd magazine complies? Looks like they mostly restrict semi-auto shotguns and pumps with more than 5rd fixed capacity.
Thanks for any help!