Pro 2A resolution - Archive

Ashdump

I'm from DuPage and as you can see I am surrounded by Cook. Has anyone thought about proposing this to DuPage?

Yeah--Lou tried it, and the results weren't promising.

I lettter to Robert J. Schillerstom , president of the DuPage County Board was a polite "You gotta be kidding."

At least I tried.

I sent my letter to the board president who blew me off. I sent another off yesterday to my local board member and have yet to hear from her. I'll let ya know if/when she answers me.

Lou

Good for you Lou, go get'em. Do you know any other gun owners there that you could enlist to help or are you and Nakano the only two?? Were you aware of the "ProtectDuPage" campaign?? That looks like something you could use!! :thumbsup:

AB

I checked around and I can't find any info on thet group. Where did you hear about them?

It's on the DuPage County website! Here's a link:

http://www.dupageco.org/oem/protectdupage/...FTOKEN=41952890

Looks like a "warm/fuzzy/feelgood type of county based program so that the county can get ahold of the federal dollars setaside for "Homeland Security". I'm just thinking you can ask them how your're suppose to "protect your family first" if you can't exercise your 2A rights.

Good Luck!!

AB

new member from pike co.,il just thought i would say hello to all! have read some very interesting topics on the forum already hope to learn more and maybe throw in my 2 cents worth from time to time. Thanks, Cav.

new member from pike co.,il just thought i would say hello to all! have read some very interesting topics on the forum already hope to learn more and maybe throw in my 2 cents worth from time to time. Thanks, Cav.

Howdy, and welcome aboard. Sit a spell!

Thanks guy's for the nice welcome! i am not much of a talker just like to see what folks are saying and learn a few things from time to time with the current politcal climate here in illinois there is shure to be alot to talk about under the proposed bills i would lose all my guns! all that would be left is my 12ga. slug gun and grandads old pistol. very scarry to think about all this going on in the good ol' u.s.a.

Okay, I want to start the process in Christian county. How do I start? Who do I contact/send the petition too? Any help here? Thanks.

Welcome to the site, cavtrpr! Also, good work on getting thos going in Christian county, Johnny. That's great!

One question....anyone here send this material to the Cook County board? Of course it won't pass but it's a necessary symbolic gesture....as this gains momentum, we might "update" the Cook board with the goings-on...just so they aren't ignorant about it. Is it best to let them know or keep them ignorant?

cavtrpr, welcome to the site....

GarandFan wrote:

One question....anyone here send this material to the Cook County board? Of course it won't pass but it's a necessary symbolic gesture....as this gains momentum, we might "update" the Cook board with the goings-on...just so they aren't ignorant about it. Is it best to let them know or keep them ignorant?

GarandFan, I don't know if anyone has sent the package to the Cook County Board yet, I am in Cook County and if one of you who are very fluent in the plan could put a nice package together along with a nice intro letter for me I would consider getting the package to my commissioner.

If nothing else a symbolic gesture that I am sure will be filed in that very special and important cook county circular file cabinet... ;)

I have the email addresses of all the board members

Wish I had the email addresses of all the board members in Wayne county; would provide a much easier way of contacting them, than printing & mailing resolution information to each & every board member.

Maybe I'll email that youtube link to the editor of the local newspaper, & let him know the same resolution has been presented to the Wayne County Board. Maybe he will look into it & stir up more interest.

Champaign County on WCIA TV, Champaign, via youtube.

Link:

Very nice job 'ol'coach'. That report may cover more that just one county. There may be quite a reaction to this approach. Good luck with the resolution.

Mac

Today has been a good day!

To refresh your memory:

Champaign Co has a 27 member county board made up of 15 D's, 12 R's. The 15 D's are all from the twin cities, Champaign/Urbana, the 12 R's are all from out in the county, various towns, farmers, etc.

Getting anything on the Board agenda requires it to be passed by a Policy Committee, of which there are 9 members, 5 D's, 4 R's. This is the main reason most folks felt we could never get it done in Champaign Co...wouldn't be able to get it passed the Policy Committee.

I know we have the support of the 4 R's on the Policy Committee. Just got off the phone with a D I was told would be most likely to support us. if any did. He promised his support! That gives us the 5 we need of the 9 possible!

He also said he feels we have an honest chance of gettting it passed by the full Board. He feels all 12 R's will support it, and with his support and 1 more D, it flies, baby! I think I know where we can get that 1 more. Also...can't quit talkin' to the R's!

It's time to start working the full Board!

Lawrence County - County Resolution supporting the Second Amendment has been placed on the agenda for their next meeting to be held on Wed. July 18th, 5:30 p.m. at the courthouse.

Lawrence County gets YELLOW!

I have just been told that the Pope County board will vote on this resolution on the 10th. of July.My source told me that the S.A. for Pope County stated that it will PASS>

I am still working on Massac, they are to have the resolution next Tuesday. I will keep you posted as to the outcomes.

Mac

Mac, I wish I COULD KEEP UP WITH YOU!

Ol Coach:

I don't know what to say. I just want to see this thing fill the whole state with GREEN except for Crook Co. I am so glad that there are more people in this state that feel the same way that I do. I just can't seem to get enough done tho. I am going to try to find out about Pulaski Co. tomorrow, I'll call the sheriff. I will let you know what I find out.

Mac

Archived