Bars and Restaurants ordered closed

ddan

Typical, blame Trump, Feds not there to help. He made all the decisions without any help from Feds. I wonder if hes going to give back the cash that Trump released.

Up front: if the Feds need to do more regarding airport screening, they need to get it done.

Now, if Trump had done some of the things regarding closures, etc. that are in the states' jurisdiction as well....people like JB would be calling him a dictator.

..."Both Pritzker and Lightfoot have asked for a prohibition on overnight grocery deliveries."...

umm...Why?

Probably a typo, should be an end to the prohibition.
Yes, I saw another article that quoted it as an end to the prohibition...of which I was not even aware there was one. Sounded like something Chicago.

Are they going to close the movie theaters also?

I'm willing to bet yes on both theaters and public transportation.

People aren't realizing that it's not that it's going to kill the majority who get it, it's that once infected you spread it and eventually it inundates the medical facilities and personell.

If what they are saying is true and a million plus test kits will be available early this week, watch what the number will be next weekend.

Last year if you broke a limb you'd be in a cast within hours.

Now, once capacity is inundated your bones will likely start setting before an ex-ray is even able to be conducted.

I'm not worried about contraction, but I don't want it. I'm more worried about being hurt at work in a week or two or in a vehicle crash due to someone texting and not being avle to get medical attention.

I'm doing my part by staying at home and not going anywhere if not needed. It's a simple task, yet a lot do not understand the why's of things.

..."Both Pritzker and Lightfoot have asked for a prohibition on overnight grocery deliveries."...

umm...Why?

Probably a typo, should be an end to the prohibition.
Yes, I saw another article that quoted it as an end to the prohibition...of which I was not even aware there was one. Sounded like something Chicago.

It has to do with municipal noise ordinances, as most grocery stores are in/adjacent to residential areas.

Down in southern Illinois I believe I saw one town that opened the Boys/Girls Club to all the kiddos that were out of school. So, exactly what did closing the schools accomplish? How many parents will be dumping teens at a theater or mall to occupy their time?

So instead of all the kiddos being in a controlled environment they’ll be congregating in uncontrolled environments.... Great move JB, great move.

Typical, blame Trump, Feds not there to help. He made all the decisions without any help from Feds. I wonder if hes going to give back the cash that Trump released.

Too late, they swept it all into the general fund.

Down in southern Illinois I believe I saw one town that opened the Boys/Girls Club to all the kiddos that were out of school. So, exactly what did closing the schools accomplish? How many parents will be dumping teens at a theater or mall to occupy their time? So instead of all the kiddos being in a controlled environment they’ll be congregating in uncontrolled environments.... Great move JB, great move.

The point of closing schools is to keep kids from gathering in large numbers, since they're typically the ones that spread communicable diseases (e.g., influenza) from family to family. The idea is that, if they're not in school, they're at home or possibly gathering in small groups of friends.

Opening a facility for "day care" of school kids accomplishes nothing. Maybe they'll convert it into a rave.

Archived