I want a personal apology from Springfield and RRA

asfried1

For those of you who don't know who I am, my name is Arie Friedman. I'm the Friedman from the Friedman vs Highland Park assault weapons ban court case that ultimately got rejected for appeal by the Supreme Court. Additionally, I ran for Illinois State Senate (29th District) in 2012 as a pro-2nd Amendment candidate against now State Senator Julie Morrison who is an adamant gun grabber. 2012 was not a good year for Republicans in Illinois but I raised a large amount of money, campaigned non-stop and came closer to winning than many other highly competitive GOP candidates that year. My opponent, on the other hand, had difficulty raising money and was an extremely lackluster campaigner. As a result, she received numerous large infusions of cash directly from democrat State Senate President John Cullerton. Without that money, I believe she would possibly have lost the election. Now it turns out that some of that democrat campaign slush fund cash came from Springfield Arms and Rock River Armory via their lobbying arm, the Illinois Firearm Manufacturers Association:

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/05/john-boch/springfield-armory-rock-river-arms-made-campaign-contributions-to-anti-gun-rights-politicians/

In particular, I am deeply hurt that Springfield Arms, a company whose firearms I own and have carried, played a role in defeating me and other pro-2nd Amendment candidates in 2012 and other years as well. To find out that my efforts were being undermined by the very industry I was campaigning to support comes as a shock.

Shame on them.

I want a personal apology.

History repeats itself . . . a few years ago, a company named Smith & Wesson made a deal with the Clintons.

Disappointment, . . . disgust, . . . moral outrage!!! Everyone swore off Smiths.

The end of S&W was predicted far and wide.

Most of you young guys probably never even heard of the gun company Smith & Wesson, . . .have you?

Yeah, . . .they went out of business. All that moral outrage and stuff.

I guess it makes sense from a business point of view? The narrative I've seen is that Obama's tenure and the threat of Hillary brought great firearms sales. Now under a 2A positive Trump, sales are lackluster. Does leave a bad taste in my mouth.

I'm sure "business" was exactly their excuse for this betrayal of their loyal customers. You want to know what really burns me? Right around that time is when I bought my Springfield M1A loaded. They donated some of MY MONEY to Cullerton which he then turned around to run anti-gun ads to help defeat me.

BTW, I'm sure the value of that M1A has plummeted like MCI/Worldcom stock over the last week. So as a bit of salt in the wound Springfield Arms has failed to act in a way that protects my investment in their product line.

History repeats itself . . . a few years ago, a company named Smith & Wesson made a deal with the Clintons.

Disappointment, . . . disgust, . . . moral outrage!!! Everyone swore off Smiths.

Most of you young guys probably never even heard of the gun company Smith & Wesson, . . .have you?

Uh, yeah, they kinda did. The Smith & Wesson of today isn't the same one from the Clinton years. Or did you not realize that?

The boycott worked. S&W lost a ton of money and the brand was sold to a new company, Saf-T-Hammer for a pittance. The new owners decided to dump the Clinton agreement and the management that agreed to it. They've started fresh after a well learned lesson.

So yeah, hopefully history does repeat itself. But not for the snarky and misinformed reason you listed.

I'll be fine if RRA and Springfield almost go out of business, get sold a couple of times at firesale prices, and end up succeeding again in 20 or 30 years under entirely new management and ownership. That seems like a decent punishment for this betrayal.

God, it's not like I already had enough reasons to despise SA and RRA but finding out they're donating direct to Madigan and Cullerton? I'm officially done for life. They cannot redeem themselves. Forgot I have an RRA LAR-458 SOCOM stripped upper I've been itching to attach a barrel to but...not anymore and I know I'll be able to dump it for cost on GB. Off to GB I go. Now to figure out how I can trade my XDm for an HK USPc w/ LEM trigger or sell it for enough to not have to shell out extra cash. Wanted a USP for a while, now I have a perfectly good excuse to get one and get rid of my XDm. It's just business, Springfield.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Wow, I own an XD 9 and love it. Accurate and reliable. I'm not about to sell it but I won't give them any more of my business. Gonna wait and see.

You're halfway there, let me encourage you. That is like you finding out you're wife is cheating on you and just saying " don't do it again ". You would need to divorce her just the same as how you need to fire-sale all SA and Rock River Arms regardless of performance. Find a new firearm there are many reputable / reliable companies, SA and RRA are sellouts, there is no excuse, especially given the proof. Stick with the movement, we need you.

Springfield Armory has always fought hand-in-hand with the NRA, NSSF, ISRA and many others for legislation that fiercely protects the Second Amendment, individual rights and the industry as a whole. Our fight continues today as some members of the Illinois legislature are pushing to overregulate the industry through Gun Dealer Licensing Act (SB1657).

“At the time of my initial statement to the media, I was ill-informed of the ramifications of this bill and its detrimental effects to the Second Amendment, which I have personally fought to protect my entire life. I can tell you now, we at Springfield Armory are unequivocally 100 percent against this bill and will continue to work with the NRA and others to ensure that it is defeated,” said Dennis Reese, Chief Executive Officer, Springfield Armory.

Springfield Armory, like Rock River Arms, was not aware of the actions taken by our trade association, IFMA, until after the fact. We take this situation very seriously and are looking into how this very unfortunate lapse in communication occurred.

Springfield Armory has fought and defeated legislation like this in Illinois for the past 15 years. We are wholeheartedly against this bill and will fight to see it defeated as the unnecessary and harmful overreach that it is.

Stefany Reese, PR & Communications Manager
Springfield Armory, Inc.
stefanyr@springfield-armory.com
309-944-8994

http://blog.springfield-armory.com/springfield-armory-statement-regarding-gun-dealer-licensing-act-sb1657

In my opinion Dennis should be taking the calls.

Not Stephany.

Wow, I own an XD 9 and love it. Accurate and reliable. I'm not about to sell it but I won't give them any more of my business. Gonna wait and see.

You're halfway there, let me encourage you. That is like you finding out you're wife is cheating on you and just saying " don't do it again ". You would need to divorce her just the same as how you need to fire-sale all SA and Rock River Arms regardless of performance. Find a new firearm there are many reputable / reliable companies, SA and RRA are sellouts, there is no excuse, especially given the proof. Stick with the movement, we need you.

LOL, good analogy! Starting to convince me...

LOL, good analogy! Starting to convince me...

Haven't you guys heard, its cheaper to keeper. Honestly, the SA in your safe is already paid for. SA isn't getting more money from you unless you somehow managed to finance it. I'm all for not purchasing any more from them. I don't know what I would do without my TRP.

Haven't you guys heard, its cheaper to keeper. Honestly, the SA in your safe is already paid for. SA isn't getting more money from you unless you somehow managed to finance it. I'm all for not purchasing any more from them. I don't know what I would do without my TRP.

I'm going to sell my TRP here on the for-sale board for whatever anyone wants to pay for it as soon as I get around to it. I feel dirty just knowing it's in my safe. I just sent a basic Colt Series 70 off to the Novak custom shop for some upgrades. I'm sure it will be a great replacement for the TRP. I will certainly feel better about using it (and yes, I'm aware of Colt's misbehavior many years ago but they've been bought and sold a couple of times since then and made copious amends).

How can they fire a lobbying firm that they created? That's like me starting an advertising subsidiary of a fictitious business, incorporating it so that it is quasi-independent, then firing it because of (you name it). Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Could not have said it better myself, very nice. What do you expect? They have been exposed and are at a high risk of losing it all. Instead of spewing useless apologies accompanied by empty promises, lets see action. If the actions are justifiable in addressing their " negligence ", this would have already been addressed at an internal level long ago. They know what they are doing lol, they were very well aware, but decided that they can have their cake and eat it too. If we buy into their jargon it will only encourage other companies in the future to take the same route.

SA + RRA ,,|,,( -_-),,|,,

Anyone thinking that SA or RRA will go out of their way to address the bill is fooling themselves. They knew by the time we all found out that it would be too late and that they would be able to just spew excuses while playing possum, like they are clearly doing. If by some chance SA or RRA address the bill and does something about it, I might change my mind, but this is you're typical " I am going to fix it, I am so sorry, blah blah ", sounds nice, but we know the truth. Fake news..

I'm going to sell my TRP here on the for-sale board for whatever anyone wants to pay for it as soon as I get around to it. I feel dirty just knowing it's in my safe. I just sent a basic Colt Series 70 off to the Novak custom shop for some upgrades. I'm sure it will be a great replacement for the TRP. I will certainly feel better about using it (and yes, I'm aware of Colt's misbehavior many years ago but they've been bought and sold a couple of times since then and made copious amends).

Ya just gotta love them Series 70s! Yup!

Man, the campaign contributions are too hard to take. That's unforgivable right there !

I know these guys have to say something they can't just say "nothing" but their statements are BS.

IFMA List of Officers, Directors, Trustees and Key Employees

Dennis Reese - Director (Also CEO of Springfield Armory)
Tom Reese - Director (Also Co-Chairman of the Board of Springfield Armory)
Chuck Larson - Director (Also Co-Founder of Rock River Arms and owner of Rock River Arms)
Jay Keller - Executive Director

So Rock River Arms' Chuck Larson and Springfield Armory's Dennis Reese and Tom Reese are severing their ties with the IFMA ?

They ARE the IFMA !!!

These guys are horrible...

Archived