Northbrook to discuss firearm regulation 4/10, local retailer sees surge in bump stock sales

InterestedBystander

Full story at link...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/northbrook/news/ct-nbs-semi-automatic-weapon-discussion-tl-0329-story.html

Northbrook to discuss firearm regulation after local retailer sees surge in bump stock sales

..."The Northbrook Board of Trustees will discuss firearm regulation at an upcoming meeting, officials announced.

At the start of a special board meeting Tuesday, Village President Sandra Frum read a prepared statement and said the board has scheduled a full and open discussion about firearms at its April 10 meeting.

Frum addressed a handful of residents who may be here to talk about the regulation of firearms to let them know that the board would not discuss or vote on firearm regulation Tuesday.

We have asked our village attorney to fully research the villages options regarding the regulation of firearms and firearm accessories and ammunition, Frum said. We encourage all those that desire to speak about firearm regulations to present your comments on April 10.

Northbrook resident David Telisman told the board he was alarmed to read a recent Tribune story about OpticsPlanet, an 18-year-old company located in a Northbrook industrial park that sells gun accessories. The company sells multiple bump stock devices, which allow semi-automatic rifles to emulate the rapid fire of machine guns.

The company offers the Slide Fire Solutions SSAR-15, which is selling so quickly it cant keep it in stock. A disclaimer on the companys website says the demand for the product has increased dramatically.

Its alarming to me that its located a mile from my house and within a mile from Hickory Point where my son is a student, Telisman said.

Frum was quoted as saying she was unaware of the company and the bump stocks being sold from the business. The company has been in the village for 18 years, is a member of the Northbrook Chamber of Commerce and has been recognized as a leading e-commerce company in multiple publications, Telisman said."...

I heard this story on WBBM 780 today. I feel like ordering a whole ton of stuff from OpticsPlanet now.

I'll never order from them, they tried to pull some stuff about only selling mags that hold more than 10 rounds to L.E.

The claim is being a business in Cook County they are subject to ordinances on the books which is a 10 rd cap there.

Depending on your history with them, some have had issues with product sold when not really in stock and waiting forever to back order or drop ship. Regardless of that, who knows what crazy proposed muni code NB may come up with.

How scary that a business has been around for 18 years and nobody even knew they were there, and selling bump stocks too!

Yep because it obviously has wrought destruction down on Northbrook.

"We have asked our village attorney to fully research the villages options regarding the regulation of firearms and firearm accessories and ammunition". Unless you enacted something back within 10 days of the CCW act, then your f'ed Northbrook (at least for the moment).

How scary that a business has been around for 18 years and nobody even knew they were there, and selling bump stocks too!

"We have asked our village attorney to fully research the villages options regarding the regulation of firearms and firearm accessories and ammunition". Unless you enacted something back within 10 days of the CCW act, then your f'ed Northbrook (at least for the moment).

People never cease to amaze me!

I guess OpticsPlanet better look for a new location before the village puts them out of business. I wouldn't put it past Northbrook (or the state) to seize the sales records of OpticsPlanet in an attempt to obtain the names and addresses of everyone who purchased anything the village/state does not approve of for the sake of confiscation.

Full story at link...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/northbrook/news/ct-nbs-semi-automatic-weapon-discussion-tl-0329-story.html

Northbrook to discuss firearm regulation after local retailer sees surge in bump stock sales

..."The Northbrook Board of Trustees will discuss firearm regulation at an upcoming meeting, officials announced.

At the start of a special board meeting Tuesday, Village President Sandra Frum read a prepared statement and said the board has scheduled a full and open discussion about firearms at its April 10 meeting.

Frum addressed a handful of residents who may be here to talk about the regulation of firearms to let them know that the board would not discuss or vote on firearm regulation Tuesday.

We have asked our village attorney to fully research the villages options regarding the regulation of firearms and firearm accessories and ammunition, Frum said. We encourage all those that desire to speak about firearm regulations to present your comments on April 10.

Northbrook resident David Telisman told the board he was alarmed to read a recent Tribune story about OpticsPlanet, an 18-year-old company located in a Northbrook industrial park that sells gun accessories. The company sells multiple bump stock devices, which allow semi-automatic rifles to emulate the rapid fire of machine guns.

The company offers the Slide Fire Solutions SSAR-15, which is selling so quickly it cant keep it in stock. A disclaimer on the companys website says the demand for the product has increased dramatically.

Its alarming to me that its located a mile from my house and within a mile from Hickory Point where my son is a student, Telisman said.

Frum was quoted as saying she was unaware of the company and the bump stocks being sold from the business. The company has been in the village for 18 years, is a member of the Northbrook Chamber of Commerce and has been recognized as a leading e-commerce company in multiple publications, Telisman said."...

There are also a few banks close to the school. Banks attract bank robbers who usually carry loaded guns! Someone get the message to that poor fellow.

The approach of choice, in Chicago but especially up the North Shore, has been to simply enact laws without regard to their consistency with state law or the US Constitution, and leave it to the courts to sort out what is and is not OK. So you can expect a lot of really bad laws, followed by years of litigation.

The approach of choice, in Chicago but especially up the North Shore, has been to simply enact laws without regard to their consistency with state law or the US Constitution, and leave it to the courts to sort out what is and is not OK. So you can expect a lot of really bad laws, followed by years of litigation.

Followed by:

Gijavrv.jpg

I don't post much of anything here because someone always states how I fell before I can get a chance, but I just have to say this is the most ridiculous, knee jerk, reactionary thing I've ever heard of. How could the location to a school matter in the slightest bit? They don't sell anything that is restricted by federal law. How can a grown adult just blindly ask for a legal business, that has existed for 18 years unnoticed, to be banned or forced to move or whatever they think is needed? I just don't understand how this is happening. When did the majority of adults stop thinking about the things they say?

I can't speak for optics planet but i know a lot of these online vendors that sell firearms and accessories are nothing more than drop shippers. Cheaper than Dirt, Lanbo's, etc. Whenever I see available from Warehouse "B" in 2 days, or Warehouse "D" in 4 days, I assume they're just straight up drop shipper's with no inventory of their own and making a profits for having a website and taking care of the retail buyer. One can never have enough middle men to keep the wheels of business turning. :)

Followed by:

Gijavrv.jpg

Wow, that woke me up. Is this the payoff to keep the NRA out of the fight in Chitown?

Archived