Application Denied!

olds350

They look at more then convictions.

Just having arrests can get you booted.

( If an applicant has 5 or more arrests for any reason, that have been entered into the Criminal History Records

Information (CHRI) System, within the 7 years preceding the date of application for a license, or has 3 or more arrests

within the 7 years preceding the date of application for a license for any combination of gang-related offenses, the

Department shall object and submit the applicant's arrest record, the application materials, and any additional

information submitted by a law enforcement agency to the Board.

ok i live in humbouldt park area. not the best place in chicago i remember about 10 yrs ago or maybe less , chicago 14th district police department use to do sweeps i our area because of high gang activity, it didnt matter if you were in a gang or not ... if you were hanging out in the street and there was more than 3 ppl in the hangout spot guess what you were going to get locked up for disordely conduct and tagged as a gang member even if you werent about that life. Now i got taken a cpl times on these sweeps and im thinking they use that to red flag me and its bs if thats why they denied me. im not a gang memeber and never been convicted of any crime.Now would they use that against me and put me down as gang ties? Now i work to hard for my money and it feels like crook county if screwing everybody that live in the hoods of chicago. its a waist of money for this permit if dart is gonna object for bs like that. I conctacted lawyer and hes also waiting for letter of denial.

I could see being a a known associate of gang members (current or former) being a reason for rejection. Anybody you get pinched with have ties? Do you have a common name?

While it sucks you got the initial rejection, I wish you luck in clearing this up. If you haven't already, get in touch with Todd on this forum with specifics. While we all expect the .gov to do their homework, we only have to look at their previous endeavours ( all failures) to see the truth. Keep the faith and stay with it. It will get cleared up, and you may end up wealthy if truly discriminated against.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

I checked my application status last week and it said DENIED. When I sign it says "Your application has been denied for the following reason:

• FOID-Adjudicated delinquent minor (State) or an adult with a juvenile adjudication of a felony" .
    I have called the ISP twice and they have not been able to give me any info on how to start the appeal process. I halfway expected this to happen because it came up when I applied for my Florida and Arizona ccw permits. I have court documents stating this judgment was vacated. Once I provided this to Florida and Arizona they promptly issued my permits. I’m sure if I can show this document to Illinois they will then approve my application. I contacted an attorney for clarification and she was surprised this came up until I told her it Cook County was involved. She said they have horrible record keeping. I have read online that I can appeal through the Concealed Carry Licensing Review Board but I have no idea how to contact them for the appeal. Any suggestions?

Thanks

You Said when you logged in it tells you the reason why it got denied? Just asking because mines just says denied but no info on why.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I have a question if my record was expunged does that mean the arrest will still show up when they do a background check or will nothing show up. I recently submitted mine and had 3 arrest for weed that got expunged and wondering what's going to happen.

I think you're good to go.

It's been a long time but if I'm not mistaken way back when I had an issue expunged I recieved some stuff in the mail that was related to the case and my issue had disappeared from my FBI "RAP" sheet. I think I even got my fingerprint card and mugshot back.

If you're interested in viewing your "RAP" sheet maybe these links will help steer you in the right direction to obtaining that information.

Look under "Criminal History" http://www.isp.state.il.us/

Maybe this link will also be of assistance but depending on the way it opens you might have to do a little digging http://www.illinoislegalaid.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.dsp_content&contentID=4926

Hope this helps and good luck ! ! !

Archived