Would you buy a hi cap pistol?

max503

Lots of talk about magazine limits. Would you buy a hi cap pistol, on the chance that it could soon be outlawed?

Or if you have a hi cap pistol, could you use 10 round magazines in it if they outlawed double-stack magazines?

The reason I ask is I've got my eye on a Taurus PT 92. I don't want to buy it if I won't be able to use it.

Thanks

Yes.

And if I did have several of these pistols, I'd pick up a few 10rd mags for each. Purely hypothetical of course.

Point of clarification, 10rd mags are still double stacked. They have to be if the original factory ("hi cap") mags are as well. In most cases they are the same size, just hold fewer cartridges. If double stack mags are outlawed, expect a mess and maybe modified mags to meet the letter of the law.

Here's an example of the difference between a 17 and 10 Rd mag for a PT92:https://www.magazineblocks.com/magento/products/magblock-kits/pistols/taurus-pt92-pt99-magblock-10-round-limiter-10-17-9mm.html

It's just a spacer that takes up the room of 7 rounds.

interesting.but let's say you have a 17 rd mag,but are carrying 10 rds using a spacer or not using a spacer,would it be legal, seeing as how you are still carrying a mag with 17 rd capability.

Here's an example of the difference between a 17 and 10 Rd mag for a PT92:https://www.magazineblocks.com/magento/products/magblock-kits/pistols/taurus-pt92-pt99-magblock-10-round-limiter-10-17-9mm.html

It's just a spacer that takes up the room of 7 rounds.

interesting.but let's say you have a 17 rd mag,but are carrying 10 rds using a spacer or not using a spacer,would it be legal, seeing as how you are still carrying a mag with 17 rd capability.

Buy a 10rd mag, not the spacer. I was just using it to show what the primary difference is between the two mags. A block of plastic taking up space.

A 10 Rd mag will have peep holes for 10 rds so it's preferred. And yes, as you note, will be 100% a 10 rounder.

On a semi-related note, I 'think' I only have two handguns with more than 10 round capacity, and there are 10 rounders available.

Should a new nationwide law come into effect I guess they will be popular purchases?

To the OP's concern - I buy whatever I want based on what is currently legal, not what 'could' happen down the road.

Posted · Hidden by mauserme, September 3, 2019 at 04:40 PM - No reason given
Hidden by mauserme, September 3, 2019 at 04:40 PM - No reason given

What’s a hi-cap pistol? What’s a low-cap pistol?

Any handgun that can accept any detachable magazine is considered “hi-cap”. Screw any unjust laws that are passed. The left ignores laws all the time openly (such as providing illegals information on how to hide from ICE and also provided them sanctuary) and gets away with it, so why can’t gun owners of any political affiliation?

Buy what you want. Enjoy your PT-92

Darn, I hate missing out on the drama!

Im Always in a thread AFTER its been edited..... :-)

Comment was a certain side blantenly denies laws regarding stuff such as immigration (actively engaging in going against ICE and such, as to providing instructions to illegals and defying federal law) so why should all gun owners listen to BS laws that are passed that infringe on their rights?

Well, was my comment wrong in any way? Do you disagree?

Code of Conduct

1. Advocating or promoting illegal activity is not allowed.

Ok........

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/breaking/ct-met-second-amendment-sanctuary-county-movement-illinois-20190416-story.html

Effinghams 2018 resolution asserted that at least five pieces of proposed Illinois legislation dealing with gun ownership would be unconstitutional. The resolution targeted proposed laws including those that would raise the minimum age for gun ownership to 21, outlaw various types of weapons, and outlaw bump stocks or body armor. It also demanded the Illinois General Assembly cease further actions restricting the right of the people to keep and bear arms and demanded the governor veto any such bills.

So is ILCarry against 2A sanctuary counties that would defy laws passed now?

And how is this different from what I said?

Effingham County Board member David Campbell came to Kibler with a resolution passed by Iroquois County regarding gun rights, saying he wanted to do something similar, but questioned if they could make the language a little more provocative, he said in remarks posted on YouTube. He hit on the idea of alluding to some cities policies on cooperating with federal authorities on immigration enforcement.

I said, well, theyre creating sanctuary counties for illegals up in Chicago, why dont we just steal their word and make Effingham County a sanctuary county for firearms? Kibler relayed to the crowd at a conservative gathering, to massive applause.

Would you give them the same treatment if they were posters here and said what I said? How is what I said any different?

Ok........

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/breaking/ct-met-second-amendment-sanctuary-county-movement-illinois-20190416-story.html

Effinghams 2018 resolution asserted that at least five pieces of proposed Illinois legislation dealing with gun ownership would be unconstitutional. The resolution targeted proposed laws including those that would raise the minimum age for gun ownership to 21, outlaw various types of weapons, and outlaw bump stocks or body armor. It also demanded the Illinois General Assembly cease further actions restricting the right of the people to keep and bear arms and demanded the governor veto any such bills.

So is ILCarry against 2A sanctuary counties that would defy laws passed now?

And how is this different from what I said?

Effingham County Board member David Campbell came to Kibler with a resolution passed by Iroquois County regarding gun rights, saying he wanted to do something similar, but questioned if they could make the language a little more provocative, he said in remarks posted on YouTube. He hit on the idea of alluding to some cities policies on cooperating with federal authorities on immigration enforcement.

I said, well, theyre creating sanctuary counties for illegals up in Chicago, why dont we just steal their word and make Effingham County a sanctuary county for firearms? Kibler relayed to the crowd at a conservative gathering, to massive applause.

Would you give them the same treatment if they were posters here and said what I said? How is what I said any different?

Prosecutorial discretion is a recognized legal concept. Advocating for States Attorneys to exercise that discretion isn't the same as telling people to ignore the law.

Ok........https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/breaking/ct-met-second-amendment-sanctuary-county-movement-illinois-20190416-story.html
So is ILCarry against 2A sanctuary counties that would defy laws passed now?And how is this different from what I said?

Effingham County Board member David Campbell came to Kibler with a resolution passed by Iroquois County regarding gun rights, saying he wanted to do something similar, but questioned if they could make the language a little more provocative, he said in remarks posted on YouTube. He hit on the idea of alluding to some cities policies on cooperating with federal authorities on immigration enforcement.I said, well, theyre creating sanctuary counties for illegals up in Chicago, why dont we just steal their word and make Effingham County a sanctuary county for firearms? Kibler relayed to the crowd at a conservative gathering, to massive applause.
Prosecutorial discretion is a recognized legal concept. Advocating for States Attorneys to exercise that discretion isn't the same as telling people to ignore the law.

There is no law banning magazines in Illinois. So what rule did I break in the code of conduct? Advocating for something that doesn’t exist?

There is no law banning magazines in Illinois. So what rule did I break in the code of conduct? Advocating for something that doesnt exist?

Seriously?!?!?!? Comment removed why? There is NO LAW now that says we cant own these, so whats the issue?

But you phrased it more broadly than that.

You could post that on your website, of course, but I don't think you have.

And now, crazy Lightfoot is in a Twitter war with Ted Cruz, blaming Republican Governors and legislators in States outside of Illinois for Chicago's gun violence problems!!

She claims it is their failure to enact so-called Common Sense gun control legislation that causes Urban Youth in Chicago who cannot legally buy guns to buy guns from other felons who are not allowed to own guns, and then shoot other Urban Youth in Chicago with them. Essentially, the argument is that you have them and they steal them from you and shoot someone with it, therefore it is your fault.

If you like how the PT 92 feels, then buy it. As others have said, if the law changes, you can buy 10 round mags.

As far as the latest crap to come out of Chicago's mayors mouth: Wait?!? We're not blaming the cops now? It's red states?!?!

Home come the murder rate in Texas/red states isn't as high as Chicago, if that's where all the guns are coming from that's causing the problem? Couldn't be cultural, could it?

Archived