Any news on when the renewal button will become active?

HeavyDuty

There was an article a few months ago that said renewals would be available beginning 5 months from your expiration date, though that's yet to be determined. Mine expires 2/28, so 5 months for me will be at the end of this month. No renewal button yet as of today.

On a side note, one of the guys in my renewal class this morning has a CCL that shows it expires in January 2019... I wasn't aware of any issued in January of 2014, but he had one.

I thought I read around here somewhere that your renew button would become active 5 months before your expiration

If that's true mine would be on Sept 28, taking a class on Monday so I'll be ready to go

Same here, taking the class on Monday.

Very interested on how they will cover all the info and how they handle the range in 3 hours.

Good to know. The next question will be "can ISP stay on top of the flood of renewals"? Hopefully. :) And I'm glad they're planning ahead and giving 5 months, so that they can absorb the influx better.

Or will it be like Walmart on the first of the month only having 2 lines open for checkout?

It takes 90/120 days now (although they seem to beat the 90 day prints window). They get a huge renewal influx so do we really think they can meet that along with the regular application load and a shortage of workers? Im hoping but my expectations are low.

They may ask us to submit early and give them 150 days, but their requirement is still 120, no? And if they do get their act in gear and applictions processed, we risk getting cut short a month or two (I think)

We've theorized but dont think we've heard for sure if a 30 day object period for LE is in play either.

Maybe I’m a worry wart but one of my fears is Pritzker takes over as Governor on Jan 12, 2019 just before the permits start to expire.

I wouldn’t put it past him and the rabid anti-gun zealots in his party to gut the CCL Department so that it really slows renewals down.

I have no info that he would other than knowing the dirty tricks him and his ilk liketo pull

Maybe I’m a worry wart but one of my fears is Pritzker takes over as Governor on Jan 12, 2019 just before the permits start to expire.

I wouldn’t put it past him and the rabid anti-gun zealots in his party to gut the CCL Department so that it really slows renewals down.

I have no info that he would other than knowing the dirty tricks him and his ilk liketo pull

And for those under board review, their terms are up in January as well.

Just a reminder to everyone here. As long as you submit your renewal, & even if it takes longer than 120 days, 150 days, or forever how long it takes to get your renewal card, you are still legal to carry. This was written into the law. This has also been verified by Molly and others.

... and we could save a lot of cash if they drag their feet for... say, 20 years!!

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone remember how many CCL were issued back in February and March 2014?

I think thats in one if the tracking numbers posts we have here (kwc maybe)...but I am failing using the search function. edit: only post I could find started with data in Dec 2014 when issued count was 88500.

edit 2

http://www.isp.state.il.us/docs/2014FSBCCLStats.pdf

Feb 3910

Mar 18825

Apr 18745

Does anyone remember how many CCL were issued back in February and March 2014?

I think thats in one if the tracking numbers posts we have here (kwc maybe)...but I am failing using the search function. edit: only post I could find started with data in Dec 2014 when issued count was 88500.

edit 2http://www.isp.state.il.us/docs/2014FSBCCLStats.pdf

Feb 3910

Mar 18825

Apr 18745

Thanks for the updates.

I hope the ISP are sharpening their pencils.

Now that the CCL classes are well underway, and many have their certificates in hand, just waiting for the renewal button to appear.

Thanks for the updates.

Now that the CCL classes are well underway, and many have their certificates in hand, just waiting for the renewal button to appear.

When new apps, no prints, are taking 100+ days, with a supposed short staff how are they possibly going to handle an additional 18k+ applications submitted in one month and get them processed within the mandated time frame?

Thanks for the updates.

Now that the CCL classes are well underway, and many have their certificates in hand, just waiting for the renewal button to appear.When new apps, no prints, are taking 100+ days, with a supposed short staff how are they possibly going to handle an additional 18k+ applications in one month and get tbem processed within the mandated time frame?

They should've opened renewals up a year early and pro-rated it... take some of the initial load off.

Thanks for the updates.

Now that the CCL classes are well underway, and many have their certificates in hand, just waiting for the renewal button to appear.When new apps, no prints, are taking 100+ days, with a supposed short staff how are they possibly going to handle an additional 18k+ applications in one month and get tbem processed within the mandated time frame?

They should've opened renewals up a year early and pro-rated it... take some of the initial load off.

AGREE!!

But... the ISP is a government run and funded organization. It's a monopoly and they aren't in competition with someone else like the private sector.

Therefore they can be as slow and incompetent as they want about getting things done with virtually zero repercussions.

• 2 weeks later...

148 days - no button - so the 120 days they have to approve the permission slip and is seems to be taking darn near all of them to approve it - 28 days before the 120 -

I'm sure the ISP will be on it ANY DAY NOW ,,,, maybe we should just sir quietly and wait

though honestly I think it would take court action to make the ISP move before they're darn good and ready

They can wait til the day before the first renewal is set to expire, maybe even on the day the first one is set to expire.

As long as you applied, your license is still good, so there is no hurry on their part. What will be the challenge is having a system that shows you have applied and having that available to all law enforcement in Illinois so when they see your expired license, they can check and see you are still good.

Maybe the current system is already setup with that feature, I don't know.

( c ) A license is invalid upon expiration of the license, unless the licensee has submitted an application to renew the license, and the applicant is otherwise eligible to possess a license under this Act.

They can wait til the day before the first renewal is set to expire, maybe even on the day the first one is set to expire.

As long as you applied, your license is still good, so there is no hurry on their part. What will be the challenge is having a system that shows you have applied and having that available to all law enforcement in Illinois so when they see your expired license, they can check and see you are still good.

Maybe the current system is already setup with that feature, I don't know.

( c ) A license is invalid upon expiration of the license, unless the licensee has submitted an application to renew the license, and the applicant is otherwise eligible to possess a license under this Act.

Yes, as long as you apply before you expire. How can we trust the system to stay up and record your application on the day you apply?

Archived