Photo

CCL Three-Hour Renewal Course Requirements

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#61 cola490

• Supporting Members Team
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 07:35 AM

Quick question.  When does the window open to apply for the renewal?  I just took my 3 hr refresher training last weekend and my CCL expires next May, so what window am I looking at to be able to apply?  December?  January?  Thanks.

I took the renewal class this past Monday, and the instructor said we would receive a letter.

#62 tchostler

• Members
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 11:39 AM

question, is there a specific number/code that goes on your certificate for renewal, and what would that number be? just want to make sure the trainer puts down the correct number, thanks.

#63 Craigcelia

• 2,276 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 12:16 PM

question, is there a specific number/code that goes on your certificate for renewal, and what would that number be? just want to make sure the trainer puts down the correct number, thanks.

His instructor number and course curriculum number.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

#64 tchostler

• Members
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 01:30 PM

His instructor number and course curriculum number.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapata

what is the curriculum number for the 3 hr. renewal?

#65 stitch58

• Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 02:55 PM

Just what "InterestedBystander" said, you have to create a new account. Once you enter your Drivers License and FOID number it will recognize your info. All mine was there including FOID,FCCL and fingerprint info.

NRA Life Member
ISRA Member

#66 John Q Public

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 09:36 AM

Any word yet, on getting the State Police cert in line with the law, on what we have to teach? Molly? Anyone?

#67 cyclist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 06:09 AM

Just what "InterestedBystander" said, you have to create a new account. Once you enter your Drivers License and FOID number it will recognize your info. All mine was there including FOID,FCCL and fingerprint info.

So if I gave them electronic fingerprints on the initial application 5 years ago, then I won’t need to resubmit them on the renewal. It would make sense to me, but I ask the question as the State rarely makes sense.

#68 cola490

• 1,137 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 07:53 AM

So if I gave them electronic fingerprints on the initial application 5 years ago, then I won’t need to resubmit them on the renewal. It would make sense to me, but I ask the question as the State rarely makes sense.

Correct, fingerprints are not required for renewal.

#69 rrichard

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 01:22 PM

I have been asked a question to which I cannot find an answer. Two students who completed the 16 hour course a year ago, but did not apply for their CCLs due to an upcoming home purchase/move, have asked if their certificates are valid from 2017. Since the ISP has stated they are no longer accepting the old certificates (and I cannot get through via telephone to the ISP), has anyone received official answer to this dilemma? Common sense would dictate certs valid at time of training should be valid for application...but we are dealing with Illinois, where bureaucratic commen sense does not exist.

#70 Saturdaynightspecial

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 08:44 AM

On dashboard what does 'renew' look like if it's time to renew ?

#71 automatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 05:04 PM

I just checked mine it expires 3/18/19 will they send  notice for it to be renewed or do I have to keep any eye on it 

If you haven't seen anything yet... I'm due for renewal early March and received a letter in the mail from ISP about renewing CCL.

Surprised me they sent out a reminder.

Respectfully,

Automatic

45015505882_e669fc5af6_o.jpg NRA Life Member
45015509232_2b6c0aef7d_o.jpg         ISRA Life Member

39313197640_c3a341e2fd_n.jpg

#72 navreet

• 9 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 09:27 AM

Who Certifies the Certifiers?

If you're an Instructor for CCW in Illinois, and are a CCW Permit Holder, who certifies you, when your permit to carry is up for renewal and you also need that 3-Hour Renewal Certification? Thank you in advance.

USCCA-Certified Instructor

NRA-Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Utah/Florida CCW Instructor

Chief Instructor, Shawnee Training Academy

http://shawneetrainingacademy.com

Lifetime NRA Member

Lifetime ISRA Member

#73 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 15,508 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 09:34 AM

No, instructors do not need the 3-hr certificate.
"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#74 navreet

• 9 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 10:15 AM

Molly, I am doing my renewal application, and am an Instructor. On the ISP website, during renewal application, it is still asking me for my instructor's name, and CCT#. Why or how do I bypass that?

Lifetime NRA Member

Lifetime ISRA Member

#75 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 15,508 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 10:22 AM

Before you get to that or somewhere on that page is the option to click on the exemption.

Are your instructor credentials up to date with the ISP?
"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#76 navreet

• 9 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 10:33 AM

Thank you, Molly. I saw where there is a box for Exemption on the same screen where you are asked to enter your instructor's name and CCT#. Application complete and submitted for a renewal date of 02/28/2019.

Lifetime NRA Member

Lifetime ISRA Member

#77 navreet

• 9 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 11:59 AM

We charge $50/person for the 3-Hour Renewal Certification. Call us at 618-303-5264. Next class December 8, 2018 9-12 (Noon)

We are located in Carbondale, IL.

Lifetime NRA Member

Lifetime ISRA Member

#78 navreet

• 9 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 10:28 AM

There is an Exemption Box you need to check on the same page, where ordinarily, you'd be entering the instructor's name and CCT#. The box is located in the second half of the page. No Re-Cert required for Instructors to renew CCL. Hope, this helps. Note: I just sent my CCL Renewal a couple of days ago. Send your application as soon as you get the notice to Renew. Any delay may result in being without valid CCL.

Lifetime NRA Member

Lifetime ISRA Member

#79 InterestedBystander

• 5,401 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 11:09 AM

. Send your application as soon as you get the notice to Renew. Any delay may result in being without valid CCL.

I believe that as long as your CCL is valid and not expired when you submit renewal, it remains valid until the renewal is processed even if expiration date gets passed.
NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
🇺🇸

#80 tbrooks

• Members
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 12:15 PM

. Send your application as soon as you get the notice to Renew. Any delay may result in being without valid CCL.

I believe that as long as your CCL is valid and not expired when you submit renewal, it remains valid until the renewal is processed even if expiration date gets passed.

This is true. The law also mentions this.

#81 navreet

• 9 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 01:28 PM

You're required to issue a new certificate. I had to do that for a couple of my clients.

OMG, I expected this to take til the end of the year. VERY NICE.

I have one question. After July 1, 2018 they will no longer accept the old version of the 16 hour certificate. What happens if a student that has taken the class and has an old version of the certificate but doesn't apply until after July 1, 2018.

Will the ISP accept the old certificate or are we going to have to issue a new certificate with the original class date on it.

Lifetime NRA Member

Lifetime ISRA Member

#82 John Q Public

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 01:35 PM

It says that about FOID, but I see nothing in the law that says you may carry on an, in process expired card (ccl) , even if you submit before exp. If approved I would say yes, but not under review and also expired. I would not carry, even if this is a renewal. IF someone has a quote from the law stating something else, I would appreciate you quoting it.

This is true. The law also mentions this.

Edited by John Q Public, 06 December 2018 - 01:37 PM.

#83 Quiet Observer

• Members
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 02:11 PM

It says that about FOID, but I see nothing in the law that says you may carry on an, in process expired card (ccl) , even if you submit before exp. If approved I would say yes, but not under review and also expired. I would not carry, even if this is a renewal. IF someone has a quote from the law stating something else, I would appreciate you quoting it.

From Section - 70 Violations 

(c ) A license is invalid upon expiration of the license, unless the licensee has submitted an application to renew the license, and the applicant is otherwise eligible to possess a license under this Act.  

#84 InterestedBystander

• 5,401 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 04:25 PM

(c ) A license is invalid upon expiration of the license, unless the licensee has submitted an application to renew the license, and the applicant is otherwise eligible to possess a license under this Act.

http://www.ilga.gov/...me=043000660K70
NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
🇺🇸

#85 THE KING

• Members
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 05:16 PM

You're required to issue a new certificate. I had to do that for a couple of my clients.

OMG, I expected this to take til the end of the year. VERY NICE.

I have one question. After July 1, 2018 they will no longer accept the old version of the 16 hour certificate. What happens if a student that has taken the class and has an old version of the certificate but doesn't apply until after July 1, 2018.

Will the ISP accept the old certificate or are we going to have to issue a new certificate with the original class date on it.

Actually I'm not required to issue a new certificate. There's nothing in the law or the JCAR rules on how to handle this. Plus the ISP hasn't communicated to the instructors on what to do in this situation.

Personally, I have issued new certificates to a couple of my students that were in this situation and will continue to do so where necessary.

NRA Patriot Life Member - Endowment
ISRA Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
ISP Certified Illinois Conceal Carry Instructor
Retired Professional Firefighter / Paramedic

#86 John Q Public

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 02:20 AM

:thumbsup:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users