CCL Three-Hour Renewal Course Requirements

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#31 semper1911

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 06:29 AM

Yes, we have our's set up for June 30th, for $50.00 as well.

#32 Smallbore

• Members
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 06:26 AM

We are in Kankakee. Price $45.00. First class in July on a Sunday afternoon.

#33 FrankGzz

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 09:09 AM

The discussion regarding what price to charge for training violates Anti-trust laws. Therefore, I believe everyone should refrain from discussing this subject and charge whatever you want.

#34 HeavyDuty

• Members
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 09:38 AM

The discussion regarding what price to charge for training violates Anti-trust laws. Therefore, I believe everyone should refrain from discussing this subject and charge whatever you want.

How is this collusion?

#35 lockman

• Members
  • 7,767 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 05:41 AM

How is this collusion?

It can’t be, otherwise public posting of your prices would be illegal. Price fixing is a private “collusion” conducted in secret.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"We must, indeed, all hang together, or most assuredly we shall all hang separately."
-- Benjamin Franklin, 1776

Life Member NRA, ISRA,  CCRKBA, GOA, & SAF

#36 powderhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 10:03 AM

Today, CCL instructors received the new certificate templates for the 3-hr renewal course and the regular 8/16 hrs. CCL course, along with instructor responsibilities packet, suggested roster, and suggested verification of prior training form.

If you are an instructor and did not receive the packet and templates, you should email the ISP instructor department and request the documents:

Instructor_Docs@isp.state.il.us

Molly, I am an instructor and have received the up-dated templates via email, but have not received the packet you refer to. Should I have received it by USPS?

#37 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 15,467 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 11:11 AM

Today, CCL instructors received the new certificate templates for the 3-hr renewal course and the regular 8/16 hrs. CCL course, along with instructor responsibilities packet, suggested roster, and suggested verification of prior training form.

If you are an instructor and did not receive the packet and templates, you should email the ISP instructor department and request the documents:

Instructor_Docs@isp.state.il.us

Molly, I am an instructor and have received the up-dated templates via email, but have not received the packet you refer to. Should I have received it by USPS?

It was an email attachment.  Email the instructor docs address with your instructor number and ask for a copy.

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#38 GWBH

Ripcord... This is Alabama - Fire For Effect, Over...

• Members
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 07:21 PM

This whole FOID thing still hacks me off...

I can go to a firearm retailer and purchase a firearm or ammunition with my CCW - so why the heck (besides 10 bucks to the state coffers) do I have to have an FOID card?

I know... I know... It's Illinois.

Renewal class prices are still all over the map from what I've seen - I say to the Instructors - charge what you think is right and go from there!

Fire Support Base Ripcord Association - the heroes of the Vietnam War have their names on a wall in Washington, DC
http://www.ripcordassociation.com/

Phil Compton "ishmo", "L" Company 75th Infantry (RANGER) 101st Airborne Division (VietNam 1968 - 1969 / 1970 - 1971 )
A good man, a good soldier, a patriot and a true friend.

PFC Patrick J. Bohan, 101 Pathfinder Detachment, 101st Airborne Division, KIA, July 10, 1970, on FSB Ripcord

#39 tkroenlein

OFFICIAL MEMBER

• Members
  • 8,727 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 12:52 PM

If training doesn’t expire or have a time limit, I could just resubmit my 16hr cert from the first time and not take any new classes? Since the fee is full price why not just submit as a new applicant?

Edited by tkroenlein, 31 July 2018 - 12:53 PM.

#40 Molly B.

• 15,467 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 12:57 PM

You are already in the system as a license holder. You would need to show proof you have taken a course to up date on changes in the law.
"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#41 Smoke33

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 01:35 PM

Can someone please clarify. I was told by my instructor when I took my class that my CC license takes over for my foid and I no longer need my foid card. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#42 Craigcelia

• Supporting Members Team
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 01:37 PM

Can someone please clarify. I was told by my instructor when I took my class that my CC license takes over for my foid and I no longer need my foid card. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You still need a FOID card, you just don't have to be in physical possession of it when you are carrying (Your CCL is good enough).  It also takes the place of your CCL when buying ammunition.  You definitely still need to renew it.

Edited by Craigcelia, 31 July 2018 - 01:38 PM.

#43 tkroenlein

OFFICIAL MEMBER

• Members
  • 8,727 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 03:17 PM

You are already in the system as a license holder. You would need to show proof you have taken a course to up date on changes in the law.

Only because I have a license. What about someone who took it long ago, but didn’t apply? That person certainly wouldn’t be up to date.

So much of this seems arbitrary.

#44 Smoke33

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 04:56 PM

You still need a FOID card, you just don't have to be in physical possession of it when you are carrying (Your CCL is good enough).  It also takes the place of your CCL when buying ammunition.  You definitely still need to renew it.

Thanks, glad I kept it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#45 junglebob

• 6,003 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 07:45 PM

Has anyone heard about what the instructors will be charging for the refresher courses?

My wife and I are signed up for Speedbump's renewal class in Murphysboro. We signed up on his website Provenprotectivesystems.com for $35 each. Class is
on August 18.

Disarming the people (is) the best and most effectual way to enslave them. George Mason

Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrong doers should dominate just men.  -  Augustine

Three school masacres have been stopped by civilians with firearms. Two with handguns and the third by a guy with a shotgun. (Pearl, Ms; Appalacian School of Law; Edinboro,Pa)

#46 Sigma

• Members
  • 2,994 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 04:30 PM

Wow 5 yrd went by fast. Glad its only 3 hrs this time.

Exodus 22:2-3
If the thief is found breaking in, and he is struck so that he dies, there shall be no guilt for his bloodshed.

Gun control is not about guns, it's about control. Once they have all the guns, they'll also have complete control.-Abolt

Guns kill people just like beds get girls pregnant.

#47 Illini_Guns

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 11:13 AM

I just checked mine it expires 3/18/19 will they send  notice for it to be renewed or do I have to keep any eye on it 

Edited by Illini_Guns, 15 August 2018 - 11:16 AM.

#48 Craigcelia

• 2,252 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 11:20 AM

I just checked mine it expires 3/18/19 will they send  notice for it to be renewed or do I have to keep any eye on it 

Good question.  I wouldn't count on a notice.

#49 Illini_Guns

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 11:33 AM

This is for MollyB or anyone that might know I plan on being in AZ for the winter and will not be in Illinois when my renew is do Can I take the classes in say October and then apply went it is do or can I apply months earlier. I looked on thes ISP website and didnot see any place to ask a question 

Edited by Illini_Guns, 15 August 2018 - 11:33 AM.

#50 Craigcelia

• 2,252 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 11:40 AM

This is for MollyB or anyone that might know I plan on being in AZ for the winter and will not be in Illinois when my renew is do Can I take the classes in say October and then apply went it is do or can I apply months earlier. I looked on thes ISP website and didnot see any place to ask a question 

Yes, you may take the class now or in October and do not have to wait.  You can apply whenever ISP decides to activate the "renew" button on your ISP dashboard.  One article from Guns Saves Lives suggested it would be available 5 months before your renewal is up, but that is not confirmed according to the article.  Molly may know more about when they will be available for renewal but it seems like ISP keeps saying they are working on it and that is all we are getting from them.

Also, they will not forward your CCL to an AZ address if you are forwarding your mail.  

#51 Molly B.

• 15,467 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 12:41 PM

But they have mailed licenses to winter homes, just not forward-able.

#52 mrmagloo

• Members
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 02:24 PM

I guess my question is, what is the incentive to apply to renew earlier than necessary?  Are they going to set the renewed date to a 5 year extension of the original expiration date like a drivers license, or 5 years from the renewal application date (whenever it's processed)?  In the later, naturally you will loose some of the time you paid for, if your expiration date moves earlier?

Naturally, it's probably safer to do it a little early, say a month or so, but how is the next expiration date going to be calculated, so we get our full 5 years out of these fees?

Edited by mrmagloo, 15 August 2018 - 02:37 PM.

#53 papa

• Members
  • 5,891 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 07:04 PM

If you can still carry on old license as long as you have applied for the new one , what difference does it make?

#54 vern

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 07:19 PM

If you can still carry on old license as long as you have applied for the new one , what difference does it make?

i would be concerned about out of state travel and those cops thinking it has expired

#55 Illini_Guns

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 09:13 PM

I should just move to Indiana my son got his for life and paid I think 100.00

#56 InterestedBystander

• 5,339 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 09:46 PM

i would be concerned about out of state travel and those cops thinking it has expired
Guess it depends on how it gets reported...active/inactive? is an expire date provided? renewal pending? I think a 3rd party is used to provide info out of state (Nlets)

Edited by InterestedBystander, 15 August 2018 - 09:47 PM.

NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
🇺🇸

#57 axel2078

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 10:09 PM

Yes, you may take the class now or in October and do not have to wait.  You can apply whenever ISP decides to activate the "renew" button on your ISP dashboard. 

What is meant by this dashboard? I went to the ISP’s website last night and saw there is an area to apply for a CCW but no option for a renewal process. Five years ago, we had to create an IL digital ID along with a username and password. When I chose the option to apply for a CCW, I noticed that the digital ID thing was no longer a requirement; just username and password. Since I still knew what credentials I chose 5 yrs ago, I tried those but got an error saying it was invalid. I tried doing a password reset, but it gave another error basically saying that my account can’t be found. Do we have to create a new account again for renewal?

#58 InterestedBystander

• 5,339 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 11:15 PM

Yes, you may take the class now or in October and do not have to wait.  You can apply whenever ISP decides to activate the "renew" button on your ISP dashboard.

What is meant by this dashboard? I went to the ISP’s website last night and saw there is an area to apply for a CCW but no option for a renewal process. Five years ago, we had to create an IL digital ID along with a username and password. When I chose the option to apply for a CCW, I noticed that the digital ID thing was no longer a requirement; just username and password. Since I still knew what credentials I chose 5 yrs ago, I tried those but got an error saying it was invalid. I tried doing a password reset, but it gave another error basically saying that my account can’t be found. Do we have to create a new account again for renewal?
Old Java based digital signature system and requirement was retired. Need to create a new account. When you are able to renew your "renew" button should show active i.e. not grayed out.
NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
🇺🇸

#59 axel2078

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 07:26 AM

Old Java based digital signature system and requirement was retired. Need to create a new account. When you are able to renew your "renew" button should show active i.e. not grayed out.

Ah, ok. Now I understand. Thank you very much for the clarification.

#60 axel2078

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 07:16 AM

Quick question.  When does the window open to apply for the renewal?  I just took my 3 hr refresher training last weekend and my CCL expires next May, so what window am I looking at to be able to apply?  December?  January?  Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users