Photo

Wait time for CCL at this point?

• Please log in to reply
3894 replies to this topic

#3871 stillinois

• Supporting Members Team
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 08:55 PM

So I have had some movement with my CCL application and it has been quicker than I thought it would be.  I will continue to check daily and update the thread as things transpire. 

9/16/18 - Applied with Prints

10/4/18 - QC_VERIFIED (Inspect Element)

#3872 raymond963

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 07:39 AM

(Proud Papa!)

Three of Four children (Two sons and one daughter) have FOID and own firearms.

Oldest Son has had CCL for about two years.

Youngest Son Recently Moved Away From Home and Submitted the Following

7/2 Applied for FOID Address Change & Initial CCL Card (No Prints)

7/23 (21 Days) FOID Active

7/28 (26 Days) FOID In Hand

9/28 (88 Days) CCL QC_Verified

9/29 (89 Days) CCL Approved

10/2 (92 Days) CCL Active

The REAL wait has begun...

The wait is over!

CCL in-hand today, 10/9.

That's 99 Days without prints.

#3873 cola490

• 1,107 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 08:15 AM

Congratulations!! Now “Wally Walk”.
NRA LIFE MEMBER

#3874 raymond963

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 10:15 AM

(Proud Papa!)

Three of Four children (Two sons and one daughter) have FOID and own firearms.

Oldest Son has had CCL for about two years.

Youngest Son Recently Moved Away From Home and Submitted the Following

7/2 Applied for FOID Address Change & Initial CCL Card (No Prints)

7/23 (21 Days) FOID Active

7/28 (26 Days) FOID In Hand

9/28 (88 Days) CCL QC_Verified

9/29 (89 Days) CCL Approved

10/2 (92 Days) CCL Active

The REAL wait has begun...

The wait is over!

CCL in-hand today, 10/9.

That's 99 Days without prints.

Congratulations!! Now “Wally Walk”.

Wally Walk complete. He was a Nervous Nelson but survived.

#3875 ilphil

Ornery Skeptic

• Members
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 12:57 PM

Went “active” 10 days ago, still waiting for license to arrive.
This is killing me...

#3876 ilphil

Ornery Skeptic

• Members
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 04:17 PM

Went “active” 10 days ago, still waiting for license to arrive.
This is killing me...

License was in the mail today.

My daughter applied a week later than I did and hers was in the mail today as well.

#3877 stillinois

• 8 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 07:27 PM

So I have had some movement with my CCL application and it has been quicker than I thought it would be.  I will continue to check daily and update the thread as things transpire. 

10/17/18 - APPROVED (Inspect Element)

#3878 stillinois

• 8 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 08:57 PM

10/18/18 - ACTIVE - FOID# has changed and matches CCL# - The Inspect Element procedure has provided an accurate status each time.

#3879 stillinois

• 8 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 10:22 PM

10/18/18 - ACTIVE - FOID# has changed and matches CCL# - The Inspect Element procedure has provided an accurate status each time.

10/24/18 - In my mailbox. 

31 days to go active (application submitted on a Sunday), 37 days to be delivered.

#3880 BigTaubs17

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 08:43 AM

Hey guys,

So, I applied on 6/21 with no prints, currently on day 139. On day 120 I reached out the ISP on their website through their email submission form, did that again 10 days later, then 4 days after that I reached out to the actual email address(Ask_CCL@isp.state.il.us) from my email address. I have had no response from any of my attempts to get a status update. I also tried to check the status with the inspect feature but its still at "<span class="SUBMITTED">Under Review</span>".

Not sure what to do at this point, any recommendations?

Thanks!

#3881 jackie1234

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 09:36 AM

FINALLY got my CCL.  It only took months.  Thanks to Molly, Todd, and the folks at ISP.  The final stunt by Lombard PD was overcome. 

Carry safe, everyone!

Do you mind if I ask what Lombard did to you? I'm having issues with Addison right now. My husband and I were both opposed by Addison PD, no arrests, tickets or anything for either one of us. I went under board review earlier this week and he did yesterday. Unreal. I'm thinking they just don't want residents to have our ccl's.

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788

NRA Life Member

S&W 22 M&P

PT111 Gen2 x 2

Walther CCP M2

Ruger 10/22 LR

S&W 380 Shield

#3882 jackie1234

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 09:39 AM

Hey guys,

So, I applied on 6/21 with no prints, currently on day 139. On day 120 I reached out the ISP on their website through their email submission form, did that again 10 days later, then 4 days after that I reached out to the actual email address(Ask_CCL@isp.state.il.us) from my email address. I have had no response from any of my attempts to get a status update. I also tried to check the status with the inspect feature but its still at "<span class="SUBMITTED">Under Review</span>".

Not sure what to do at this point, any recommendations?

Thanks!

You may want to PM Molly B...

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."

NRA Life Member

S&W 22 M&P

PT111 Gen2 x 2

Walther CCP M2

Ruger 10/22 LR

S&W 380 Shield

#3883 InterestedBystander

• 5,332 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 01:13 PM

FINALLY got my CCL.  It only took months.  Thanks to Molly, Todd, and the folks at ISP.  The final stunt by Lombard PD was overcome. 

Carry safe, everyone!

Do you mind if I ask what Lombard did to you? I'm having issues with Addison right now. My husband and I were both opposed by Addison PD, no arrests, tickets or anything for either one of us. I went under board review earlier this week and he did yesterday. Unreal. I'm thinking they just don't want residents to have our ccl's.
I dont think videopaul is still around the board. I know he had problems getting property back from Oswego despite a court order. IIRC he may have been getting yanked around by Lombard trying to schedule a time to get his property back and they may have been holding his CCL instead of returning to ISP causing some issues getting a reinstated license. His posts should be in archives or findable via Google.

Edited by InterestedBystander, 09 November 2018 - 01:14 PM.

NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
🇺🇸

#3884 jackie1234

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 01:27 PM

Carry safe, everyone!

I dont think videopaul is still around the board. I know he had problems getting property back from Oswego despite a court order. IIRC he may have been getting yanked around by Lombard trying to schedule a time to get his property back and they may have been holding his CCL instead of returning to ISP causing some issues getting a reinstated license. His posts should be in archives or findable via Google.

Thanks! I'm getting irritated at being under board review...for nothing. Seems like my town doesn't want us to be able to carry. Me and my husband were both opposed by them this week. 

NRA Life Member

S&W 22 M&P

PT111 Gen2 x 2

Walther CCP M2

Ruger 10/22 LR

S&W 380 Shield

#3885 InterestedBystander

• 5,332 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 02:20 PM

VP summary
http://illinoiscarry...topic=59944&hl=

You should get some explanation. Could be a mistaken identity thing I suppose. Did you submit prints?

Bad thing about going under review now is a new board gets appointed by JB in January.
NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
🇺🇸

#3886 jackie1234

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 02:55 PM

VP summary

You should get some explanation. Could be a mistaken identity thing I suppose. Did you submit prints?

Bad thing about going under review now is a new board gets appointed by JB in January.

I doubt mistaken identity because me and the hubby were chosen to be objected by our local PD. We applied same day and got our board review letters 3 days apart. I am not looking forward to JB coming, I really hope this gets fixed by then. If not - I'll probably end up in ccl limbo for years.

NRA Life Member

S&W 22 M&P

PT111 Gen2 x 2

Walther CCP M2

Ruger 10/22 LR

S&W 380 Shield

#3887 papa

• Members
  • 5,887 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 03:03 PM

VP summary

I doubt mistaken identity because me and the hubby were chosen to be objected by our local PD. We applied same day and got our board review letters 3 days apart. I am not looking forward to JB coming, I really hope this gets fixed by then. If not - I'll probably end up in ccl limbo for years.

Jackie , did you and hubby submit finger prints?   I agree that it seems mighty fishy that you both would be denied and put under board review. 

#3888 jackie1234

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 03:23 PM

VP summary

Jackie , did you and hubby submit finger prints?   I agree that it seems mighty fishy that you both would be denied and put under board review. 

Nope, didn't feel like paying extra. We had no reason to think it would even be an issue.

NRA Life Member

S&W 22 M&P

PT111 Gen2 x 2

Walther CCP M2

Ruger 10/22 LR

S&W 380 Shield

#3889 InterestedBystander

• 5,332 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 04:12 PM

Are you sure there is not something in the past from 20 years ago? We have seen people reporting thinking charges dropped but were not or else paperwork not making it to right places. And then maybe because associated with the person the spouse got flagged? Addison...district of Kathleen Willis who is anti 2A in a big way.
NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
🇺🇸

#3890 jackie1234

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 03:58 PM

Are you sure there is not something in the past from 20 years ago? We have seen people reporting thinking charges dropped but were not or else paperwork not making it to right places. And then maybe because associated with the person the spouse got flagged? Addison...district of Kathleen Willis who is anti 2A in a big way.

Nope, nothing even that long ago. I may start writing to my local politicians soon. I wonder if I did prints now if it would help at all. :hmm:

NRA Life Member

S&W 22 M&P

PT111 Gen2 x 2

Walther CCP M2

Ruger 10/22 LR

S&W 380 Shield

#3891 Wego34086

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:37 AM

8-14 applied w/o prints
10-20 qc verified (inspect element)
11-1 approved (inspect element)
Just over 90 days so far and seem to be holding at approved.

#3892 jackie1234

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:02 AM

Congrats to you!

NRA Life Member

S&W 22 M&P

PT111 Gen2 x 2

Walther CCP M2

Ruger 10/22 LR

S&W 380 Shield

#3893 OhWowDrew

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:33 AM

10/25/2018: Applied with Prints
11/15/2018: QC Verified (Inspect Element)

Edited by OhWowDrew, Yesterday, 09:35 AM.

#3894 jackie1234

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:44 AM

OK, hubby got the letter yesterday that the board overturned the objection so he will get his soon, I am still just under board review.

NRA Life Member

S&W 22 M&P

PT111 Gen2 x 2

Walther CCP M2

Ruger 10/22 LR

S&W 380 Shield

#3895 InterestedBystander

• 5,332 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:54 PM

OK, hubby got the letter yesterday that the board overturned the objection so he will get his soon, I am still just under board review.

Did he get a letter explaining which agency objected and why?
NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
🇺🇸

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users