Itís here. 2019 ďassault weapons ban/registration Ē

• Please log in to reply
430 replies to this topic

#421 steveTA84

• Supporting Members Team
  • 2,975 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 12:23 PM

https://capitolfax.c...it-becomes-law/

Amazing comments. These are the same people that talk about “police brutality” yet they are now all for having gun owners turned into felons and being arrested/charged.

Reasoning with them will surely work...........

#422 tricolor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 01:54 PM

Amazing comments. These are the same people that talk about “police brutality” yet they are now all for having gun owners turned into felons and being arrested/charged.

Agree, the comments are amazing.  The article isn't much better.  I love this little gem, the last line in the article:

He would, of course, be taking the risk that a formerly law-abiding gun owner in his county suddenly snaps and becomes a mass shooter.

Where to even start?!? 

#423 thedrickster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 01:55 PM

Agree, the comments are amazing.  The article isn't much better.  I love this little gem, the last line in the article:

He would, of course, be taking the risk that a formerly law-abiding gun owner in his county suddenly snaps and becomes a mass shooter.

Where to even start?!? 

Debating an amygdala isn't possible.

#424 Nothoro

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 10:31 AM

Her point of view is clear, she did this in Deerfield il, and she wont quit. All I can do is vote, sign petitions and donate.

Attached Thumbnails

• JulieMorrisonBills.png

#425 PPK

Innocent Bystander

• 1,582 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 12:06 PM

I'm tired of living this reocurring theme.  The anti-gun, corrupt Democrats push gun control and little by little and we retreat.  We are always retreating, talking about hiding our guns, going on marches and moving out of state and basically ALWAYS on the defensive.

What we need is a good stragegy to go on the offensive.

And voting does not qualify going on the offensive since as we've seen, our votes mean nothing in this state.  The entire state government is locked down and controlled by horribly corrupt leftist criminal Democrats.  It's worse than the damned Mafia.

I'm not sure what the answer is, but I'm tired of always retreating.

Honestly, at this point I think it's going to take a tragedy to motivate anyone into doing something significant.  Some SWAT team is going to kick down the door to a few innocent gun owner's homes to collect their guns and shoot families dead when they resist.  It sure seems like that's what it's going to take to finally wake people up.  Maybe...

I disagree. The McDonald ruling was a major win and it was brought about mainly because of this site. Shall issue was another major win. I'll bet the anti's find both of them very offensive. Dems control the state but a lot of dems in the southern part of the state are pro-gun. Hopefully, they'll even be making speeches at IGOLD.

IGOLD puts any march by moms-agaist-law-abiding-gun-owners to shame. The GOA isn't afraid to take on any law in court. Plus, if we make enough headway, even the NRA may lend a hand. (Just teasing about the NRA part.)

It's a wonderful day in the hood...

#426 Sigma

• Members
  • 3,007 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 07:35 PM

424 replies thousand of views but we only filed 144 witness slips?

Exodus 22:2-3
If the thief is found breaking in, and he is struck so that he dies, there shall be no guilt for his bloodshed.

Gun control is not about guns, it's about control. Once they have all the guns, they'll also have complete control.-Abolt

Guns kill people just like beds get girls pregnant.

#427 markthesignguy

S39-(D)D.Harmon(F-) R77-(D)K.Willis(F-)

• 2,857 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 07:53 PM

Witness slip counts reset week to week, after each "latest scheduled" hearing. They ARE a part of the official record, in perpetuity. How to look the older ones up, I don't know.... (for now..)

The latest "call to action" is only a few hours old, no less when the hearings became active to witness slip filing...

BTW

The mom's lobby day is March 20, so is the pro-lifers as well. Might be interesting down there that day...

Edited by markthesignguy, 01 March 2019 - 07:54 PM.

Sign, sign, everywhere a sign......
NRA Life Member
ISRA Life Member

#428 mauserme

Eliminating the element of surprise one bill at a time.

• Admin
  • 19,842 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 08:12 PM

Which bill, Sigma?

Link to ILGA House Audio/Video..........Link to ILGA Senate Audio/Video ..........Advanced Digital Media Link ..........Blue Room Stream Link

Difficult days demand decisions of faith (Max Lucado)

On 5/25/2017, Superintendent Eddie Johnson predicted a 50% reduction is Chicago violence within 3 years of SB1722 becoming law.  The bill was signed into law on 6/23/2017. The clock is now ticking.

#429 cope

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 12:43 AM

You can mark me as one who didnt file a witness slip. I wont denigrate those who do. Good on ya.

Of course if you are pro Constitution then you would feel like I do, witness slips should serve no purpose and should be ignored.

So I take great insult in the insinuation that there is something less by not filing.

The US Constitution is clearly in every aspect about not hearing the popular voice (witness slips)..... but instead about the correct decision.

So file away if it pleases you.... do not be unAmerican by denigrating those who dont bother.

#430 PPK

Innocent Bystander

• 1,582 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 08:25 AM

You can mark me as one who didnt file a witness slip. I wont denigrate those who do. Good on ya.

Of course if you are pro Constitution then you would feel like I do, witness slips should serve no purpose and should be ignored.

So I take great insult in the insinuation that there is something less by not filing.

The US Constitution is clearly in every aspect about not hearing the popular voice (witness slips)..... but instead about the correct decision.

So file away if it pleases you.... do not be unAmerican by denigrating those who dont bother.

So politicians should just do what they want and not listen to the people they're supposed to represent?

Of course if you are pro Constitution then you would feel like I do... And if we fill out witness slip, we're not pro Constitution? That sounds denigrating, insulting, condesending. There is just so much wrong with this post.

Edited by PPK, 02 March 2019 - 08:30 AM.

It's a wonderful day in the hood...

#431 mauserme

Eliminating the element of surprise one bill at a time.

• Admin
  • 19,842 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 08:52 AM

I agree with cope that "witness slips should serve no purpose".

If the world was a perfect place, if enough of our legislators were as dedicated as he to the Constitution, witness slips would be unnecessary. Some people live in a place like that.  Illinoisans do not.

In our world action is necessary and witness slips are an important part of that action.  So, while I agree that they shouldn't be necessary, they are necessary and shouldn't be ignored by those who are willing to file them.

Link to ILGA House Audio/Video..........Link to ILGA Senate Audio/Video ..........Advanced Digital Media Link ..........Blue Room Stream Link

Difficult days demand decisions of faith (Max Lucado)

On 5/25/2017, Superintendent Eddie Johnson predicted a 50% reduction is Chicago violence within 3 years of SB1722 becoming law.  The bill was signed into law on 6/23/2017. The clock is now ticking.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users