Niles Gun Range

BigKahuna

To my observation, no changes to exterior. Rough, holes, one door plywood-ed.

However, saw activity on Howard St side of building: two sets of geese families briskly walking from NW corner Eastbound towards Howard St. Geeslings were well protected by parents, one in front, othe in the back of each line. Have they already attended training?..

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

To my observation, no changes to exterior. Rough, holes, one door plywood-ed. However, saw activity on Howard St side of building: two sets of geese families briskly walking from NW corner Eastbound towards Howard St. Geeslings were well protected by parents, one in front, othe in the back of each line. Have they already attended training?.. Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Yes, they attended Combat Quacking training, and have 8 hours credit as veterans in the War against the Ducks :)

• 1 month later...

Anybody have any updates on the status of the construction of this range? Every time I go by on the way back from Costco I look for activity. Haven't seen anything going on in at least a month.

Same fences are down and from the outside it looks like nothing is happening. Social media is dead, I called a couple of months back and got nothing. I hope it still happens , it would be in perfect proximity to my office. If they need a partner I wish they'd reach out I am sure they could find one in our community.

Ugh... The business owners don't owe us anything, but a lot of gun owners took the time to speak at the Niles hearing. And I do think it's important for Secondary Amendment to fight infringements whenever and wherever they occur - regardless if there is a specific business involved or not. But I don't know, it seems like after the effort that was put forth by the gun-owning community that the owners would be a little more forthcoming with information about the progress of this gun range.

• 3 weeks later...

Ugh... The business owners don't owe us anything, but a lot of gun owners took the time to speak at the Niles hearing. And I do think it's important for Secondary Amendment to fight infringements whenever and wherever they occur - regardless if there is a specific business involved or not. But I don't know, it seems like after the effort that was put forth by the gun-owning community that the owners would be a little more forthcoming with information about the progress of this gun range.

That is not really how most businesses work though, workers just show up one day and a sign is on the door "we regret to say we are closed due to financial hardship". The end or worse yet the doors are locked, no sign and its just gone.

Considering this place never opened they could very well just drop off the radar. No paid employees to reply to e mails, calls, social media. The owner probably has no time to contemplate a failed business venture.

My guess is the double whammy of the delays over the legal fight and then a massive drop off in potential future business with Trump winning and demand plunging.

It very well could just be in Limbo looking for investors.

• 2 months later...

The Skokie group has continued to bird dog the Niles range in court.

https://www.journal-topics.com/articles/activists-take-another-shot-at-stopping-niles-gun-shop/

Activists Take Another Shot At Stopping Niles Gun Shop

Attorneys Reload Lawsuit Complaint Against Village, Developer

By Tom Robb | on October 18, 2017

Attorneys for a Skokie-based activist group which filed a lawsuit in 2014 trying to stop a gun shop and shooting range from opening in Niles, were expected to file an amended complaint to keep the case alive yesterday (Tuesday).

Cook County Chancery Division Judge Franklin Valderrama dismissed the case, filed by activists with Skokie-based People For A Safer Society against the village of Niles and Howard Partners, developers of the gun shop and shooting range at 6143 Howard Ave., previously known as the Sportsman’s Center and now called Revolve Rifle and Range.

Last month Judge Valderrama dismissed the case for a lack of standing. When the case was filed, a school, and member organization of the People For A Safer Society, New Hope Academy, was located along Milwaukee Avenue within 1,000 feet of the proposed gun shop.

Part of the basis for the lawsuit was New Hope Academy’s business would face harm if the gun shop were to open. New Hope Academy has since moved out of the village.

-- more --

Truly is a poop show of what anti gunners can do to legitimate businesses. It becomes a battle of who has the most funds.

I've met one of the owners. I was inside while they were doing some demo and preliminary construction. They've already invested hundreds of thousands into this building. Nothing has happened as far as construction goes, for about a year now.

• 2 weeks later...

Truly is a poop show of what anti gunners can do to legitimate businesses. It becomes a battle of who has the most funds.

I've met one of the owners. I was inside while they were doing some demo and preliminary construction. They've already invested hundreds of thousands into this building. Nothing has happened as far as construction goes, for about a year now.

Hopefully that changes, I know a lot of shooters who live right here that'd be there every week. The stupid Cook County Ammo Tax makes that part of the business less profitable but they'd still make a mint in rentals and selling guns.

Hoping against hope, still.

It would be FANTASTIC if this range opened, as it literally is two minutes from my church. It would be Sunday gun day every week. :-)

Hoping for the best. Preventing this honest business from opening on the grounds of politics is shameful!

• 1 month later...

Crazy that I was just thinking about this and decided to check today, hopefully that means Revolve will be moving forward with plans to open.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not a good sign ! The website domain for the Niles gun range expired on 2/22/18. If any body knows James Oraha, the owner of the range, maybe he or she can find out what the latest status is.

If they were going to just never open it we'd see the property listed somewhere by now, unless the owner has other plans for it.

• 1 month later...

Archived