Emanuel to push for state-wide handgun registry

soundguy

It's a good thing I don't own any handguns. fear.png

This is a distraction. And a mild one compared to what we will see as RTC gets closer! Remember last year when they were going to publish FOID info?? That didn't fly and this won't either. They know that, but they hope to pull us off our core issue which is Right to Carry.

I feel your pain billz, I turned all mine in at a gun turn-in in Chicago a while ago. No questions, no paperwork, bank cards were spent.

Tim

What is wrong with people being born and raised in Chicago being afraid to think for themselves? Da Mayor and the city Council has told these folks how things were going to be all their lives. They do not know any thing else except to be told what to do. They depend on the machine for their lives. Therefore we the rest of the state should not hold any griefs against those born and raised in Chicago. They have had this pounded into their heads all their lives. Guns Kill, bullets hurt, just give the armed criminal what he wants, don't resist, you may be hurt, Call 911 in case you are going to be shot at, the police are as close as your phone. Only criminals carry guns, Chicago is a Sanctuary city. Come live in Peace, We do not ask questions, we only ask for your votes and your constitutional rights.

In Chicago as well as Illinois You do not have the God Given right to protect your self, your family, or your property with lethal force. The robber, rapist, murderer can come at you and use deadly force but you just have to stand your ground, point your finger at the assailant and tell him, he is breaking the law. You can try going BANG BANG but I personally do not think he is going to care. What is wrong with the voters of Chicago?

Seems to me, the Contstition grants us the right to vote. The 24th ammendment prohibits a "tax" on the right to vote.

That same Constitution, through the 2A, grants us the right to keep and bear arms. Shouldn't the same 24th ammendment prohibit a "tax" on that right as well?

This may sound like semantic nitpicking but it's an important distinction to communicate and keep in mind...

You were born with the natural right to protect yourself and your own. The bill of rights simply reminds people in government they can't try to stop you

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I am offering a new service to all gun owners in Illinois.

I live up on the Fox River Chain of Lakes.

I will armor all my back engine cover make it nice and slick.

For 20.00 I will take you for a boat ride, how ever I require all firearms be in a case and unloaded, and sitting on the nice slick engine cover.

Hold on as we have a habbit of taking off rather quickly...

:thumbsup:

Firstly, $65.00 per handgun is nuts.

For a glock or XDM type gun that can exceed 10% of the total purchase price.

For a LC9 type gun that can exceed 20% of the purchase price.

for my "unsafe" hi-Point .40 its nearly 50% of the purchase price

Huh...last I heard those evil handguns were migrating here from Mississippi...

Well, if he could get handgun registration in Mississippi, he would certainly do so. There, and everywhere else.

of course that will be the next step, too many guns coming over the border from indiana, so we need nationwide registration

Mayors office facebook page

Get on Emmanuel's facebook page and tell him what you think.

This is good to see what other people think that may be on the fence about this proposal. I personally think the FB page is set-up so the mayor himself dosn't need to be bothered with real people. I'm sure he never sees or hears about anything posted nor does he care.

The ISP already has a defacto registration. If you purchased something from an IL FFL since background checks started, the ISP knows how many handguns and long guns you've purchased in IL.

Remember CK Morleys incident with fanny pack arrest in his workplace? The police do indeed already know. This proposal is nothing more than a poll tax.

Link Illinois carry entry 10

To top it off, the State Cops, even though there is no gun registration in IL, had a list of every gun I owned. Those of you who think the Powers That Be have no idea of what you own, are in for a bad surprise if you ever wind up on their Sh!t List.

Why does this movie clip come to mind?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OaF-j8x5Vc

Pretty much does :thumbsup:

Also, Rahm just had a follow up interview on NPR; he pretty much admitted he knew that this idea was DOE and paraphrasing here said "I understand it is a longshot and you don't spend your political capitol on things like this that are not important".

Rahm wanted to be in the papers, he is in the papers. This is a bit like kicking a hornets nest if you ask me. Chicago may not have enough LEGAL(imagine if gang bangers were pro 2a, whole different story then)gun owners to get someone pro 2a in there yet, just wait a few more years as the police force dwindles and the crime steadily rises.

Amother aticle.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/10541702-418/rahm-emanuel-proposes-65-per-gun-fee-and-registry.html

It will be co-sponsored in the state House by State Rep. Rosemary Mulligan (R-Park Ridge), the mayor said, in hopes that will set the stage for bi-partisan support.

One of the 3 "R" reps that voted no on HB148.

Hey, if he wants to violate Federal Law, let him...

18 U.S.C. § 926 2 [a]

No such rule or regulation prescribed after the date of the enactment of the Firearms Owners Protection Act may require that records required to be maintained under this chapter or any portion of the contents of such records, be recorded at or transferred to a facility owned, managed, or controlled by the United States or any State or any political subdivision thereof, nor that any system of registration of firearms, firearms owners, or firearms transactions or disposition be established. Nothing in this section expands or restricts the Secretary's authority to inquire into the disposition of any firearm in the course of a criminal investigation.

Its part of the Gun Owners Protection Act of 1986. Sadly, that prohibition is punatively toothless, as it contains no penalty for violating it.

This does not apply to the FOID since FOID has been around since 1968~.

Amother aticle.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/10541702-418/rahm-emanuel-proposes-65-per-gun-fee-and-registry.html

It will be co-sponsored in the state House by State Rep. Rosemary Mulligan (R-Park Ridge), the mayor said, in hopes that will set the stage for bi-partisan support.

One of the 3 "R" reps that voted no on HB148.

Freaking traitor, no surprise though considering the make up of park ridge.

I have said this before but we need to start working on the Democrats from the Northern and Western suburbs, especially the ones who are new and coming up for election. A lot of them just tow the party anti gun line but to get re elected OR to win a primary election I am sure they would sell their souls to the evil old ISRA and vote for a couple of pro 2a bills.

Hey, if he wants to violate Federal Law, let him...
Hasn't stopped the mayors of many many many cities before. All over states like Florida and Pennsylvania with preemption of local firearms laws mayors pass clearly illegal restrictions on firearms. The problem is there is no punishment for the crime in this case, these guys pass laws, if they are really bad laws MAYBE after some years they are passed a court throws them out. Then the cities pay a little bit of cash, raise taxes if needed to cover the cost and move on.

What would solve this is some tough state laws like what PA is trying to do that punish localities who pass blatantly illegal or unconstitutional laws.

http://www.myfoxchic...ration-20120209

decent story.

looks like the downstate guys have had enough.

Ominously enough, Phelps predicted that Emanuel "won't get anything else" through the State Capitol until he withdraws the handgun registration bill.

He forgot to tack on the little bit about passing HB0148 before they get anything else through as well! lips%20sealed.gif

Saw mike Flannery on FOX tonight. They didn't show any one other than Rahm show support for this registration nonsense. Just one or two pro gun reps along with some gun store owners and customers. Even Robin Robinson gave it a little dig earlier in the news cast. She said something to the effect of "Rahm Emmanuel will introduce new gun laws for IL soon. Will thugs and criminals really register their guns?".

Archived