Legalizing suppressors in IL

miztic

Fudd,

Don't forget legal "bribery" in the form of campaign contributions and lobbyist goodies. I'm sure you know that's what spins well over half the govt's wheels. As far as tinnitus prevention, I keep an earplug headset next to my HD pistol in the nightstand drawer. Doesn't much help my family, but it is what it is.

I honestly don't think that suppressors would be all that popular among gun owners generally, between the expense, the size, licensing issues, etc. Besides the relatively few people (such as posters here) with a lot of knowledge and experience, multiple firearms purchased for specific purposes, and lots of spare scratch, who would actually go through the time, effort and expense of finding, purchasing and using one? I'm personally much more concerned with getting CPZ's eradicated from public transportation and forest preserves.

Maybe if we can get a few more people to make the promises of donations when suppressors become legal :)

But we need to make the "promises of donations" to the politicians, preferably paid in advance.

WHOA!!! It isn't clear whether the above comment was serious or sarcastic as I certainly hope it was the latter. Otherwise, remember our friend...

Sorry, it was meant to be sarcasm but I forgot the purple. Besides, Illinois politicians would never stoop to taking outright bribes, just constituent contributions to their campaign funds, dutifully reported and above board.

There I go again.

Fudd,

Don't forget legal "bribery" in the form of campaign contributions and lobbyist goodies. I'm sure you know that's what spins well over half the govt's wheels. As far as tinnitus prevention, I keep an earplug headset next to my HD pistol in the nightstand drawer. Doesn't much help my family, but it is what it is.

I honestly don't think that suppressors would be all that popular among gun owners generally, between the expense, the size, licensing issues, etc. Besides the relatively few people (such as posters here) with a lot of knowledge and experience, multiple firearms purchased for specific purposes, and lots of spare scratch, who would actually go through the time, effort and expense of finding, purchasing and using one? I'm personally much more concerned with getting CPZ's eradicated from public transportation and forest preserves.

If it's legal for hunting? A plethora, to quote an old movie. Florida's just recently gotten suppressor hunting passed, but the can market has been booming for years. Huntertown Arms makes some decent entry-level ($199) suppressors with a heck of a warranty.

I've still got wood from the first time I saw a .357 Mag lever action with a suppressor. Heavy .38s were .22 quiet.

I've lurked on this board for years, following the ccw law process and filing witness slips and calling/emailing reps, but never posting.

But the issue of suppressors is actually more important to me than ccw was (I know I'm in the minority there) so I'm de-lurking now and want to see if there is anything I can do to help.

Todd, or anyone else, message me if there is.

Obviously there are plenty willing to help, but I just want to add my voice as well.

This issue is very important to me and I'd be willing to donate significant money or time or both or whatever.

Ok, carry on...

Todd, let me know if you need industry help. I'm friends with several former sitting members of the American Suppressor Association. As we know, AAC and Gemtech went through some HR stuff but my friends are all still in the industry.

Although I'm not at Shot this year, if you want to sit down with them, let me know and I'll put you in touch with them.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived