Photo

FOID renewal and purchases

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MrTriple

• Members
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 08:41 PM

When renewing FOID cards without an address or name change, the card remains valid for purchases, correct? The issue is only when dealing with an address or name change?
"The point of [so-called "assault weapon" bans]...is not to ban firearms that are dangerous, it's to ban firearms that gun owners want to own because the people making the laws don't like gun owners. If we want to buy non-semiauto AR-style rifles, they'll ban those too, and for the same reason."

-Hapless

#2 POAT54

• Members
  • 2,544 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 08:59 PM

I believe you need a valid card in hand to pick up a purchase.

“Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.”
― Benjamin Franklin

"The right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

#3 InterestedBystander

• Supporting Members Team
  • 6,401 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 10:45 PM

I believe it should stay valid but some places I have heard will still not honor the card if it is past the expire date even if it calls in as good.
NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
SAF Member
GOA Member
🇺🇸

#4 BigJim

• Members
  • 3,829 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 10:44 AM

If the store wants your money they'll call you in and accept the results. If not find another store. Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Big Jim
-----------------------------------------
I will not be commanded,
I will not be controlled
And I will not let my future go on,
without the help of my soul

The Lost Boy - Greg Holden

#5 POAT54

• Members
  • 2,544 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 03:26 PM

(430 ILCS 65/3) (from Ch. 38, par. 83-3)
    Sec. 3. (a) Except as provided in Section 3a, no person may knowingly transfer, or cause to be transferred, any firearm, firearm ammunition, stun gun, or taser to any person within this State unless the transferee with whom he deals displays either: (1) a currently valid Firearm Owner's Identification Card which has previously been issued in his or her name by the Department of State Police under the provisions of this Act; or (2) a currently valid license to carry a concealed firearm

“Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.”
― Benjamin Franklin

"The right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users