Photo

High Court Rejects Appeal Over Ban on Guns at Post Offices( link)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 Sweeper13

• Supporting Members Team
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 10:40 AM

http://abcnews.go.co...ffices-37810287

#2 Trevis

• Members
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 10:48 AM

It's amazing to me how shall not be infringed doesn't apparently mean anything.

"You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: 'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' Those words were uttered by Judge Aaron Satie, as wisdom...and warning. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged..." - Capt. Jean-Luc Picard

“But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case it is unfit to exist.”

― Lysander SpoonerNo Treason: The Constitution of No Authority

1AApp.jpg

#3 Xwing

• Members
  • 9,132 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 01:10 PM

Very unfortunate end to the Bonidy case.  That has some pretty big impacts (all of them very negative.) 

NRA Lifetime Member
IGOLD 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
CCW - 50 State Firearm Laws: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Posted anti-gun business listing: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Gun Range Tools & Logs: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Illinois Government: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)

#4 BrowningHP

• Members
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 05:20 PM

It's amazing to me how shall not be infringed doesn't apparently mean anything.

It's more amazing to me the logic behind the law. What would this law have done to stop the "mass shooting" that it was supposedly passed for?

#5 Trevis

• Members
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 06:50 PM

It's more amazing to me the logic behind the law. What would this law have done to stop the "mass shooting" that it was supposedly passed for?

Oh, no logic to be found. It's about control. The post office is federal property, not public. Your rights end where they say they do. Feels wonderful, doesn't it?

"You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: 'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' Those words were uttered by Judge Aaron Satie, as wisdom...and warning. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged..." - Capt. Jean-Luc Picard

“But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case it is unfit to exist.”

1AApp.jpg

#6 borgranta

• Members
  • 5,993 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 11:01 PM

I suspect the gun friendly people on the court were concerned how the case would proceed if they opted to take it up.
The following referral code will grant provide a new User of Uber a free ride up to $15
donaldd4557ui

#7 singlecoilpickup

• Members
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 11:35 PM

Whatever you do, don't read the comments on the link OP provided. There's some special kinds of stupid in that crowd.

#8 skinnyb82

• Members
  • 7,102 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 08:41 AM

I find it ironic how the USPS is a private company, yet it isn't, couldn't survive without government subsudization. Just like if Delta (or American, United) stopped receiving subsidies, they wouldn't be able to survive. Same with Amtrak. And the whole "this is federal property" implies no rights exist when on federal property, other than the ones that they allow one to exercise. Sent from my VK700 using Tapatalk
NRA Member
SAF Member
C&R License Holder

#9 singlecoilpickup

• Members
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 08:55 AM

Seriously, we need to stop subsidizing failing companies. They are failing for a reason and they should be allowed to be put out of their misery. 

#10 Cerus

• Members
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 09:20 AM

Seriously, we need to stop subsidizing failing companies. They are failing for a reason and they should be allowed to be put out of their misery.

+1

The USPS has no one to blame but themselves. Instead of whining about emails being free to send they should have kept up with changing times. Their tracking service still sucks, their prices are outrageous - more expensive than UPS/FedEx on all but the really small stuff and they constantly "lose" you're stuff. When internet shopping took off, UPS and FedEx stepped up their game big time and left the USPS in the dust.

Edited by Cerus, 22 March 2016 - 09:21 AM.

#11 LannyH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 09:15 AM

Its still amazing how 9 people that are not even Elected and no way to get them out have so much power over our rights   :headbang1: 

#12 spec5

Nuclear Member

• Members
  • 4,788 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 01:41 PM

Here we go again. The USPS is not subsidized by the government and receives no tax dollars.

"
The Postal Service receives NO tax dollars for operating expenses and relies on the sale of postage, products and services to fund its operations."

It does however receive Tax breaks and can borrow from the treasury, but then this doesn't relate to the OP.

Relating to the OP however it is a sad end to the Bonidy Case.

Edited by spec5, 26 March 2016 - 01:53 PM.

NRA Member Life Member
ISRA Member
Illinois Carry
Pershing Nuclear Missile 56th Field Artillery Brigade Veteran
1/41 Field Artillary Germany

#13 Gamma

• Members
  • 2,518 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 02:46 PM

Here we go again. The USPS is not subsidized by the government and receives no tax dollars.

"
The Postal Service receives NO tax dollars for operating expenses and relies on the sale of postage, products and services to fund its operations."

It does however receive Tax breaks and can borrow from the treasury, but then this doesn't relate to the OP.

How is it then a federal government facility?

Why can't we get a pro-gun federal rep to introduce a bill that simply designates legal concealed carry as a lawful purpose under the federal statute?

Illinois' FCCA is a prime example of the maxim that sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice.

#14 spec5

Nuclear Member

• Members
  • 4,788 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 04:24 PM

"

Why can't we get a pro-gun federal rep to introduce a bill that simply designates legal concealed carry as a lawful purpose under the federal statute?
http://postalnews.co...ernment-agency/

https://en.m.wikiped..._Postal_Service

By the way it is not a Federal Statute that authorizes the USPS it is the Constitution in Article 1 Section 8, Clause 7.

"The United States Postal Service, also known as the Post Office, U.S. Mail, or Postal Service, often abbreviated as USPS, is an independent agency of the United States federal government responsible for providing postal service in the United States. It is one of the few government agencies explicitly authorized by the United States Constitution."

Edited by spec5, 26 March 2016 - 05:38 PM.

NRA Member Life Member
ISRA Member
Illinois Carry
Pershing Nuclear Missile 56th Field Artillery Brigade Veteran
1/41 Field Artillary Germany

#15 Trevis

• Members
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 11:55 PM

Authorized to exist by the constitution, but then they can then ignore the same document that's supposed to guarantee your rights. My signature applies.

1AApp.jpg

#16 borgranta

• Members
  • 5,993 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 10:08 PM

"

http://postalnews.co...ernment-agency/

https://en.m.wikiped..._Postal_Service

By the way it is not a Federal Statute that authorizes the USPS it is the Constitution in Article 1 Section 8, Clause 7.

"The United States Postal Service, also known as the Post Office, U.S. Mail, or Postal Service, often abbreviated as USPS, is an independent agency of the United States federal government responsible for providing postal service in the United States. It is one of the few government agencies explicitly authorized by the United States Constitution."

Could Trump or Cruz issue an executive order declaring the law carry whether open or concealed as a lawful purpose in accordance with federal law.

The following referral code will grant provide a new User of Uber a free ride up to $15
donaldd4557ui